The Daily for Sunday Aug 30, 2020

richwmn

Thanks to all for their contributions today.  Our last Sunday in August already.  Where has the summer gone?

I have a photo taken last year on Aug. 30 while visiting Juneau on the wonderful Amsterdam.  I never imagined that would be our last time sailing that ship, and that she would be sold before another year went by.  

enhance

• Like 12

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Who wouldn't love to be celebrating National Beach Day on one of the most beautiful beaches: Half Moon Cay?  I'm pretty sure 2020 could be described as a Frankenstein year.

Agree with both! Think I'll spend time looking at HMC photos today.

• Like 6

@StLouisCruisers, we were on Amsterdam last year in August, also.  Loved the 2-week cruise (our second), and we had pretty much decided to try to do it every year!  I wonder if it will ever happen again.  This was August 16 in Juneau!

IMG_0671.thumb.jpeg.a0808b7219e1ce11791eb84c895e6a8e.jpeg

Good Sunday morning, all, and thanks to Rich and Roy for getting us all together.  Pat seems to be pretty much back to normal, and I understand from Sailingdutchy that the Mrs. is improving under his tender care!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vict0riann said:

@StLouisCruisers, we were on Amsterdam last year in August, also.  Loved the 2-week cruise (our second), and we had pretty much decided to try to do it every year!  I wonder if it will ever happen again.  This was August 16 in Juneau!

Good Sunday morning, all, and thanks to Rich and Roy for getting us all together.  Pat seems to be pretty much back to normal, and I understand from Sailingdutchy that the Mrs. is improving under his tender care!

@VictOriann I agree that the 14 day Alaska is a great cruise and I wouldn't mind doing it again, several times even.  Surely they will be offering it in the future, when things get back to "normal".  

• Like 2

We re-watched Mel Brooks' "Young Frankenstein" a couple of nights ago, we should have waited for today!

For Beach Day, here are some pictures of a secluded beach we catamaraned to somewhere in Bahia de Banderas (Puerta Vallarta) during Mitzi's retirement cruise (Oosterdam, 2005) - 

DSC02844.thumb.JPG.2ddb888285b42721adf43a8c935dddcb.JPG

1424086238_DSC02858(2).thumb.JPG.eaa8f88f49623f5af36f06b88e8f26e7.JPG

DSC02861.thumb.JPG.2564d4c84dd8882d732a0f9254000e0f.JPG

And, of course, HMC in 2015 during my retirement cruise -

DSC_0583.thumb.JPG.56bf02c27fa41f3d9116261349d879bc.JPG

• Like 12

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Return of Cuban Bars.

I am giggling again😂

@cat shepard   Shall we toast with marshmallows?   

Love the look of that wine, we spent some time in the Languedoc,  loved those wines and great prices! 

One of our favourite beaches at sunset 

image.thumb.jpeg.4b2a04f6f19fef4904802bbb584cab43.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Great news!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I am giggling again😂

@cat shepard   Shall we toast with marshmallows?   

image.thumb.jpeg.4b2a04f6f19fef4904802bbb584cab43.jpeg

Gorgeous photo!  If you want to toast with marshmallows, I will not stand in your way. LOL!

I think I will go with something a bit more liquidy. I think I am making up words as I go along. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Went to the beach this morning. Great day. Slight breeze, not too sunny.  Watched the Disney ship out in the harbor. It goes in and out of Port Canaveral for fuel and supplies. It is a beautiful ship and I sent a silent prayer to her crew.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone.  Internet was out all morning, so I'm late today. 

Took the golf cart over to the little beach in our development on the lake. 

Had a S'more milkshake from Sonic...didn't care for it but had the toasted marshmallows. 

We had shrimp last night for dinner. 

The saying is so gloomy, I hope things pick up soon.

Prayers for all of us.  Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

• Like 7

Thank you very much again Roy @rafinmd  for placing my DW Martha on your " Today's Care List " that was very nice .  I would like you and all the CC friends to know that Martha's aches and pains have improved a lot . She is an incredible lucky lady to fall from such a height and not have more serious injuries , and I feel I am an incredible lucky man of how she is feeling now.

You can now leave her of your list so people can think of others who need it . Thanks much appreciated

Thank you also @richwmn for the Daily's  from a lurker , I always enjoy looking at what is happening at sea .

Tony 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

That is wonderful news, Ann 🙂 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Thank you very much again Roy @rafinmd  for placing my DW Martha on your " Today's Care List " that was very nice .  I would like you and all the CC friends to know that Martha's aches and pains have improved a lot . She is an incredible lucky lady to fall from such a height and not have more serious injuries , and I feel I am an incredible lucky man of how she is feeling now.

You can now leave her of your list so people can think of others who need it . Thanks much appreciated

Thank you also @richwmn for the Daily's  from a lurker , I always enjoy looking at what is happening at sea .

Tony 

So glad to hear that Martha is improving, Tony 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:

Tony 

More great news!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Thanks for the info ...

I have seen KK and Joe's names on Daily  but do not know why?  Are  they ill or hurt? 

IF so,  I send my very best wishes to both.

• Like 3

Thank you for the daily Rich and thank you for the care list and celebration list Roy.

Happy Sunday to all!  I've been looking through my photos on my iPhone for beach photos and can't find any cruise related.  So I found this photo from an excursion that was fun but hell to get to, DH and I call it the Ferry from Hell, the site is Rio Secreto in Playa del Carmen, we were on the Niew Amsterdam Jan 2015.  We did go to Half Moon Cay on this cruise but I must not have taken any pictures.

IMG_0343.JPG

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

I have seen KK and Joe's names on Daily  but do not know why?  Are  they ill or hurt? 

IF so,  I send my very best wishes to both.

Yonnie has been dealing with a number of issues and is in tough shape.  Kazu may know more details but it's gotten to the point where Joe has to do the cooking and I don't think he's in the best of shape either.

Roy

• Like 5

Thank you Rich for The Daily and Roy for the Care and Celebrations list! 

I am not much of a beach goer when it comes to warm weather and sitting out and getting sun. I love to explore the tide pools in Oregon. Here are a few pictures from Ecola State Park on the Oregon Coast. 

Hope everyone has a great day. I’ll toast to Veendam and Maasdam tonight to say goodbye. We never sailed the Maasdam but we loved the Veendam. 

Good night all! 

0A561439-07E0-44CD-AB13-EE51EF3F01C0.jpeg

F2AD68A4-2988-4515-904D-ACB3E38F12B5.jpeg

D2E815D7-CD18-4F72-8C62-E011B1E4E87E.jpeg

810EE55A-C64A-4B77-B09D-EC42D75996BD.jpeg

• Like 8