The Daily for Thursday Sep 17, 2020

richwmn

8 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Oh Jacqui!   Take good care, hope the meds kick in quickly!   And didn’t you just spend two hours at the dentist too?    

Thanks for the kind thoughts ❤️ 

Dentist was over 3 hours on the same day and it was a bust.  I’m screwed in that department too. 😞 

I guess bad things really come in threes.  Broken foot, broken tooth and shingles.

As if covid wasn’t enough, this is not my year 😞 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Saturday morning my primary laptop went haywire.  I was planning to take it to the ship Tuesday when I was in the area.  Just on a whim I booted it up Tuesday morning and it was fine.  The remission only lasted about 36 hours but before taking it down again I took a little video to show the technician.  As soon as I scroll the screen down with the mouse it goes right back to the home position.  It took me a few seconds to get to the mouse but then you can see the craziness that happens.

Roy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Wow, you really are going to work.

I won’t do my flu shot until October as it’s only good for 6 months and it’s a LONG flu season here 😞 

shingles is a lost case until next year since I just got lucky enough to get shingles 😞 

Caught it early so hopefully by tomorrow night the anti virals will kick in.

In the meantime it’s OUCH time for Kazu 😞 

Oh Jacqui so sorry!! I am glad you caught it early too! 48-72 hours those anti vitals really help out  a lot. Take care and rest comfortably. 
Denise😊

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Saturday morning my primary laptop went haywire.  I was planning to take it to the ship Tuesday when I was in the area.  Just on a whim I booted it up Tuesday morning and it was fine.  The remission only lasted about 36 hours but before taking it down again I took a little video to show the technician.  As soon as I scroll the screen down with the mouse it goes right back to the home position.  It took me a few seconds to get to the mouse but then you can see the craziness that happens.

Roy

Your computer has a mind of its own!

Denise😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I went to the grocery/pharmacy after lunch:

1. High dose flu shot

2. Pneumonia second of two

3. Shingles first of two

If I have a reaction tonight I won't know what to blame.

Roy

Roy, I had a sore arm for 3 days after my [2nd] pneumonia shot, so that is a possible aftereffect of that shot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@rafinmd Conventional wisdom says wait until the latter part of the window for shingles shot # 2.  Anecdotally, I know two people who went early and had some reaction.  1 person (me!) held off until toward the end of the window, braced for the worst, and had no trouble.  @rafinmd you have been a pin cushion today!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I won’t do my flu shot until October as it’s only good for 6 months and it’s a LONG flu season here 😞 

shingles is a lost case until next year since I just got lucky enough to get shingles 😞 

Yikes, that's a pity for sure!  Shingles can be a real "pain".  You're going on my prayer list.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Likely not what the suggester had in mind but this is my version:

700169884_IMG_0500(Small).JPG.41ffaf3a845a0869c0b8c80383e4266e.JPG

Neither better nor worse than regular green beans.

Roy

Roy

Yours looks quite good.  I did roast some radishes along with my brussels sprouts, but I didn't really care for them.   Maybe I didn't do it right.  

• Like 4

It’s been a busy week here for me and I haven’t had much free time. There was a call out for volunteers at the local fairgrounds to help with people and animal evacuees. So, I volunteered to help. 

All in all it’s been a very positive experience. We’ve seen some baby lambs and piglets born. And best of all we’ve been able to send people home with care packages of clothes, food, toiletries, and gift cards because our awesome community stepped up to help. I’m most proud of the donation turnout since our county wasn’t directly impacted by the wildfires but wanted so much to help those who were. 

We were able to house 36 people at the fairgrounds and hundreds of animals. It’s been an exhausting week but also extremely touching. I’m including a picture of some of the donations we received. 

Stay safe everyone.  Can’t wait for some sense of normalcy to return. 

56219200-4F05-4D32-ABC6-80653E5484CB.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Jacqui, I am so sorry to hear this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Andi Land said:

It’s been a busy week here for me and I haven’t had much free time. There was a call out for volunteers at the local fairgrounds to help with people and animal evacuees. So, I volunteered to help. 

All in all it’s been a very positive experience. We’ve seen some baby lambs and piglets born. And best of all we’ve been able to send people home with care packages of clothes, food, toiletries, and gift cards because our awesome community stepped up to help. I’m most proud of the donation turnout since our county wasn’t directly impacted by the wildfires but wanted so much to help those who were. 

We were able to house 36 people at the fairgrounds and hundreds of animals. It’s been an exhausting week but also extremely touching. I’m including a picture of some of the donations we received. 

Bravo, Andi. 2020 has certainly brought many heroes. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the kind thoughts ❤️ 

Dentist was over 3 hours on the same day and it was a bust.  I’m screwed in that department too. 😞 

I guess bad things really come in threes.  Broken foot, broken tooth and shingles.

As if covid wasn’t enough, this is not my year 😞 

Yikes!   Hope you are done!  Crazy!  What a year!  Mine started that way with having to cut our winter trip very short so I could return for surgery.  But I am thankful I had it before the covid got too entrenched and since I had to be grounded any way.🤷‍♀️

Heres to a much better future !  

• Like 3

A lot happening today, good and bad!  Jacqui, @kazu, sorry about your troubles.  At least you have a cruise to look forward to, so get better for that!  @Andi Land, what an amazing show of support from your community!

On our news this evening there was an item about the huge burial plots in Indonesia, which evidently has the second highest mortality rate from Covid in Asia, after India.  @rafinmd, do you think we could include our Indonesian friends from HAL in our prayers on your care list?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Jacqui, @kazu, sorry about your troubles.  At least you have a cruise to look forward to, so get better for that!

10 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Oh Jacqui so sorry!! I am glad you caught it early too! 48-72 hours those anti vitals really help out  a lot. Take care and rest comfortably. 
Denise😊

10 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Yikes, that's a pity for sure!  Shingles can be a real "pain".  You're going on my prayer list.

9 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Jacqui, I am so sorry to hear this. 

9 hours ago, bennybear said:

Yikes!   Hope you are done!  Crazy!  What a year!  Mine started that way with having to cut our winter trip very short so I could return for surgery.  But I am thankful I had it before the covid got too entrenched and since I had to be grounded any way.🤷‍♀️

Heres to a much better future !  

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts ❤️

I am very grateful that I have such a great Family Physician that fit me in that day (in fact, my appointment was after she was normally closed) as shingles is time sensitive.

The anti virals are starting to help.  It’s still painful but nothing compared to before, thankfully.  Cold compresses, special calamine lotion and wearing DH’s shirts (so the shirt doesn’t touch my back as easily) is helping too 😉 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Andi Land said:

Our thoughts and prayers to every one on the West Coast. Watching those fires on TV, I can't even imagine what it must be like living it for real. Stay safe.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Andi Land said:

Wow!  What a wonderful thing you and all of your volunteers and community have done.

God bless you all for helping those in need from the horrific fires. ❤️ 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kazu said:

I am very grateful that I have such a great Family Physician that fit me in that day (in fact, my appointment was after she was normally closed) as shingles is time sensitive.

The anti virals are starting to help.  It’s still painful but nothing compared to before, thankfully.  Cold compresses, special calamine lotion and wearing DH’s shirts (so the shirt doesn’t touch my back as easily) is helping too 😉 

Glad the drugs are kicking in. Hope the pain eases soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

My daughter was one of the “lucky” ones to get the chicken pox vaccine as a baby, chicken pox at age 3, first case of shingles at age 9, second case of shingles at age 11. She was actually put in a case study for childhood shingles because they were hopeful that the chicken pox vaccine would have saved her from both the pox and the shingles. 

Take care and get some rest. If it goes like my daughters did you should feel better fairly soon. 

• Like 1