RC Health Plan - Health and Safety Panel Report are now released

A&L_Ont

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Did it say what happens if you test positive and are denied boarding?  Do you get your money back or just a FCC?  I don't see that part

Well since you do your own testing, wouldnt you know the results? Seems like rcl is putting the testing onus on you the pax. Not them. You go get tested and show proof of negative results.

Maybe you would know before you board, but agree it doesnt cover positive tests, even though it's you getting them beforehand.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

SIAP as I have not read all of the responses, but the purpose for teating 5 days prior to the cruise is to stop and prevent people from flying to a port if they test positive. 

Very true. Makes sense to limit spread on airplanes themselves.

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oh I was assuming you meant the free drive thru tests. Should have blocked out my name on that email where I signed up for the rapid tests. Ooops, too late now as someone quoted me. 

I've decided to just wait it out, and if need be TA can deal with it if I cant do b2b. Shame since was a lot of moving around to book. He deserves the commission and I'm sure I owe him a bucket of drinks. 

use the report button to ask mods to remove or edit your post and related posts.,

8 hours ago, kruzinkel said:

if you are trying to find a cruise line that will not require masks, you are going to be home for a while.  if CDC approves this- it will apply to all the lines.  I do not understand why people just can't follow the damm rules.  We would be working our way out of this mess if people would just do the right thing

Maybe.  We have three already paid for for 2021, but will see if these are enforced, and instead get refunds and spend our travel money in states not requiring the damned things that don't work anyway.  It's the distancing that is working; casual contact doesn't spread it. 

ABCNews just reported that 94% of COVID-related deaths are from people who already had morbidity conditions.  Doubtful those folks would be cruising anyway.  If your BMI is over 40, STAY HOME.  That's the biggest risk factor.

Your characterization of "the right thing" is misleading, at best.  The "right thing" is for adults to do their own research, and then suffer the consequences of their own choices.  Your choice is obviously different than mine; you bear those consequences.

• Like 5

Hello,

I've only seen one posting from the UK so would like to add this.

There were some organisations whose bona fides were obvious that offered private Covid-19 testing - private hospitals, chemists (pharmacists) etc. However these have been told to stop all testing to protect the integrity of the NHS testing service (or such integrity as it had). Some testing, private, is available at airports but the adverts say for essential travellers (business, family crises etc) and not tourists. The governments NHS testing service is for essential workers only and being slowly extended to schools are care homes or those exhibiting symptoms. Alarmingly some websites have sprung-up advertising Covid-19 testing for all, whose bone fides we know not and have no way of determining and the worth of their certificates could quite easily be zero - but if it looks 'official' is whomsoever on the pier checking these things going to know if it's worth anything or is this just a box-ticking exercise?

Regards,

Cublet

12 hours ago, WAMarathoner said:

The "right thing" is for adults to do their own research, and then suffer the consequences of their own choices. 

It’s not the right thing to take risks and become infected and then expose healthcare facilities and staff to CV. If you’re willing to die at home, then have at the “right thing”. 

M8

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WAMarathoner said:

ABCNews just reported that 94% of COVID-related deaths are from people who already had morbidity conditions.  Doubtful those folks would be cruising anyway.  

Have you ever even been on a cruise?  They are FULL of elderly, obese, diabetic, high risk people.  And I suspect they comprise a good percentage of the diehards chomping at the bit to get back on a ship.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Have you ever even been on a cruise?  They are FULL of elderly, obese, diabetic, high risk people.  And I suspect they comprise a good percentage of the diehards chomping at the bit to get back on a ship.

Nope. Never seen an overweight person on a ship.  I suspect that diabetics avoid ships as well.  Asthmatics?  Definitely won't see them on a cruise ship.   Same goes for anyone with heart disease.  They're genetically disinclined to cruise, ya know.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, WAMarathoner said:

Maybe.  We have three already paid for for 2021, but will see if these are enforced, and instead get refunds and spend our travel money in states not requiring the damned things that don't work anyway.  It's the distancing that is working; casual contact doesn't spread it. 

ABCNews just reported that 94% of COVID-related deaths are from people who already had morbidity conditions.  Doubtful those folks would be cruising anyway.  If your BMI is over 40, STAY HOME.  That's the biggest risk factor.

Your characterization of "the right thing" is misleading, at best.  The "right thing" is for adults to do their own research, and then suffer the consequences of their own choices.  Your choice is obviously different than mine; you bear those consequences.

Thank you for stating this. 
The highest risk categories are obesity, overweight(29-49 lbs) diabetics and overweight and on high blood pressure medicine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s not the right thing to take risks and become infected and then expose healthcare facilities and staff to CV. If you’re willing to die at home, then have at the “right thing”. 

M8

We're obviously not going to agree, and you should do what your research and comfort level tell you. 

Here's a start for you, from the NIH whose conclusion is "In summary, all the 455 contacts were excluded from SARS-CoV-2 infection and we conclude that the infectivity of some asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 carriers might be weak." https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32513410/

The risk of contracting COVID from casual contact is negligible, according to the CDC.  "[COVID] spreads mainly among people who are in close contact (within about 6 feet) for a prolonged period.”

You should stay home if you are that worried, are sick, or have a BMI>40,  We'll be staying home, too, if the cruise lines require us to mask up for the majority of our trip.  Because there is no consensus whatsoever, adults need to make their own choices and deal with the consequences of those choices.

3 hours ago, D C said:

Nope. Never seen an overweight person on a ship.  I suspect that diabetics avoid ships as well.  Asthmatics?  Definitely won't see them on a cruise ship.   Same goes for anyone with heart disease.  They're genetically disinclined to cruise, ya know.

If you’ve never seen an overweight person on a ship I’d love to sail with you!! I’ve seen countless such people on Carnival, HAL, NCL, MSC, Royal and Celebrity.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WAMarathoner said:

We're obviously not going to agree, and you should do what your research and comfort level tell you. 

Here's a start for you, from the NIH whose conclusion is "In summary, all the 455 contacts were excluded from SARS-CoV-2 infection and we conclude that the infectivity of some asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 carriers might be weak." https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32513410/

The risk of contracting COVID from casual contact is negligible, according to the CDC.  "[COVID] spreads mainly among people who are in close contact (within about 6 feet) for a prolonged period.”

You should stay home if you are that worried, are sick, or have a BMI>40,  We'll be staying home, too, if the cruise lines require us to mask up for the majority of our trip.  Because there is no consensus whatsoever, adults need to make their own choices and deal with the consequences of those choices.

I don’t think I have any objection to what you posted here. As it pertains to cruises, if your willing to take that risk, be willing to be confined and quarantined on the ship or in a Royal Medical facility. It’s my hope that the CDC prevents ships with an outbreak onboard to dock and disembark infected or exposed passengers into US Ports. 

Cruises are not essential business. The ships are not flagged in the US. People choose to holiday/vacation on a cruise. Life would go on without cruises. Might not be as much fun. 

M8

4 hours ago, D C said:

Have you ever taken a cruise? LOL

You must wear blinders. Please, don't make ridiculous statements.

People come on board with luggage,  and leave as luggage.

Have you ever seen someone who lost weight on a cruise? Yes. The person who lost a limb feeding the sharks. LOL

32 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Have you ever seen someone who lost weight on a cruise? Yes. The person who lost a limb feeding the sharks. LOL

I lose weight on cruises, usually 5-10 pounds in a week to 10 night cruise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Not enough sarcasm to actually be dripping? 

• Haha 1