Whitehouse, cruiseline CDC sit down Friday?

jimbo5544

15 minutes ago, skridge said:

How do you propose they go about preventing the yahoo non mask wearing hoax crowd to put on a mask and stop going to bike rallys, political rallys and all the other ridiculous crap that is going on in this country.  Shock collars?

If a mask and 6 foot social distancing worked it would all be over by now.

They have a purpose but they are not all day long preventatives in a confined space.

Mask and social distancing flatten the curve, not eliminate it. They just drag out the inevitable.

Isolation is the only effective method.

Lockdowns tame it but once they are lifted it comes roaring back. Look at Europe.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, poz222 said:

Well since the President and VP are now in quarantine because Hope Hicks tested positive (on the AF1 flight from a rally), I highly doubt ant meeting will transpire. 

Maybe through Zoom but this is bad if a bunch of people end up with COVID. I guess they are doing contact tracing and they were even around the Biden campaign Tuesday night too.

Edited by HLGW60

6 hours ago, poz222 said:

Well since the President and VP are now in quarantine because Hope Hicks tested positive (on the AF1 flight from a rally), I highly doubt ant meeting will transpire. 

Actually POTUS and FLOTUS have now tested positive also.  Supposedly both asymptomatic as of this moment.  In my head I will now think of the White House as a "mini cruise ship" so will keep an eye on this.  Will be interesting (and maybe horrifying to me) to see how many people this will spread to in a short period of time.

Edited by pe4all
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Actually POTUS and FLOTUS have now tested positive also.  Supposedly both asymptomatic as of this moment.  In my head I will now think of the White House as a "mini cruise ship" so will keep an eye on this.  Will be interesting (and maybe horrifying to me) to see how many people this will spread to in a short period of time.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out today for the conference .  Has to be Zoom or some type of techno meeting, if it's not cancelled entirely.

Agree interesting if/when those in Contact with them test positive/negative. 

Edited by beerman2

11 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Their only job is to prevent the spread of COVID. Not support the cruise industry.

Change COVID to infectious diseases, and I would agree completely. Supporting the cruise industry, or any other industry, is not part of their mission statement.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Their only job is to prevent the spread of COVID. Not support the cruise industry.

I guess I would say their job is disease control.  That entails doing whatever it takes.  If they have your mindset, it explains much. With that logic, shut everything down for 4 years and they succeed.  😎.  Lastly if their job is what you say, they are doing an amazing lousy job.  Making directional changes all over the place changing statements in the same day and the virus continues.....

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 2

On 10/1/2020 at 9:37 AM, pe4all said:

Well, we don't have to wait for the meeting anymore, with cancellations from all ports but Miami/PC through 12/31 by Carnival.  Will be interesting to see what other lines do.

The October 31 extension was only to give them time to have this meeting and come up with a solid plan. It's still not set in stone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Unfortunately this cancellation likely means the chances of cruising resuming from US ports next month is gone. 

Very sad.  If the rumor the meeting will be postponed till after the election is true it will make december Cruises almost impossible, at least for early december.  I'm sure the cruiselines still hold out hope for holiday sailings.

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very sad.  If the rumor the meeting will be postponed till after the election is true it will make december Cruises almost impossible, at least for early december.  I'm sure the cruiselines still hold out hope for holiday sailings.

I am not sure any of this is true.  I doubt Trump was going to be at the meeting anyway.  Let’s see what happens before jumping to conclusions.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I am not sure any of this is true.  I doubt Trump was going to be at the meeting anyway.  Let’s see what happens before jumping to conclusions.  

Most definitely.    Rumors usually don't pan out, so hopefully that rumor from the online news article won't be true either.      I, too, doubt Trump was going to be present for the meeting.    We shall see how things go for the white house and rescheduling the meeting.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

I will not get on a ship and wear a mask while I'm on vacation.

46 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

See you in 2022 then

13 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I hope I am wrong, but I don’t think you will be cruising for a few years. 

Looks like you both are in agreement again. Count me in -- we'll see you in a few years when masks are no longer necessary.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The WH has bigger problems than cruise ships.

As for me, masks and shore excursions are not a consideration.

I think Blerk makes a great point that cruising is about the least of the White Houses worries at this particular moment.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

The WH has bigger problems than cruise ships.

As for me, masks and shore excursions are not a consideration.

100% Agree on the WH part....and from now on Everybody should be required to have Travel Insurance...No more free medivacs curtesy of the US or foreign Taxpayer( ie Coast Guards)

Edited by mpdog42
add

53 minutes ago, skridge said:

I think Blerk makes a great point that cruising is about the least of the White Houses worries at this particular moment.

Not so sure. Crazy rumor and I can’t tell you my source but someone who is in favor of a return to cruising happens to be booked on a cruise in the not too distant future.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Not so sure. Crazy rumor and I can’t tell you my source but someone who is in favor of a return to cruising happens to be booked on a cruise in the not too distant future.

Trump?😂

• Haha 1