The Daily for Friday Oct 2, 2020

richwmn

today is National Custodial Worker Day, Name Your Car Day, and World Farm Animals Day

McGowan's Madison Avenue Axiom: 

If an item is advertised as "under $50", you can bet it's not $19.95.

Meal suggestion for today - Pumpkin Ravioli

Drink of the Day - Viva La Vida

Wine of the day - Petra Toscana Zingari vintage 2017

Bonaire Anchorage
Eurodam

Brindisi Italy Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Caracas Bay
Oosterdam

Lyme Bay GB
Volendam

Katakolon Greece Anchorage
Noordam

Puntarenas
Koningsdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

Torquay GB
Westerdam

Willemstad
Nieuw Amsterdam

1002World.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the Daily Rich.  A special blessing to our custodial workers in this time of intense sanitization.  Bless also our farm animals who sustain us so well.  I've never named my car.  That quote is quite an understatement.

Today's alternate meal suggestion is Chilled Blackberry Soup, Veal Parmigana, and Peach Crisp as served on the Amsterdam October 2, 2017.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Burnout at work, especially Live4cruises

Deceased CC Member wizard©of©roz and her family

California and Colorado Wildfires

President Trump and Melania

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Welcome to the Daily, Gator65 and Adoptionmsw

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

Fall color

A day in Maryland with no Covid deaths and

cruisin single back at her red cross job

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Roy - thank you for keeping our lists.

Morning Dailyites! Just a quick visit to check in before heading out kayaking. 

Boy that quote is The truth!
Stuffed pizza tonight for supper. With wine. 

Prayers to all who need our support. Cheers to those celebrating. 
Stay well everyone.

Today’s Tuscan red has great ratings, and super prices- starting at $13.99! I am putting this on my list.

#29 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

The wine traces its roots to an ancient water spring that was a stop-over for all those pilgrims and wayfarers who were travelling along the Aurelia Street, hence the name Zingari (Gipsies), and could seek refreshment by resting nearby its crystal clear waters

Highly concentrated ruby color, which introduces the Mediterranean aromatic notes of this wine.

Soft and full-bodied in mouth, it has a fresh flavor with good acidity and a structure with balsamic and mineral notes that make Zingari pleasant and interesting.

WS93 Wine Spectator

A well of dark cherry, black currant and blackberry fruit makes this red sumptuous and inviting. Fresh earth, thyme and rosemary accents add depth. A mineral element emerges on the long finish. Shows fine balance overall. Merlot, Sangiovese, Petit Verdot and Syrah. Drink now through 2032.
  • Like 14

Good morning.

Thank you to all who contribute to the Daily.  Love it!

Thanks to all custodians - my brother is a custodian in elementary schools.  He's extra busy lately and he knows how important his job is, especially now.

I've never named my car. 

Love the quote, so true.

Good meal and wine suggestions.

Sending prayers for our world.  Cheers to all who have something to celebrate.

Stay safe.

• Like 11

Thank you all for the quote, food & wine suggestions (all mouth-watering) and photos. And highlighting Custodial Workers, who too frequently seem to get overlooked. Reminding us to care for some, near and far, is always welcome. Finding things to celebrate during these uncertain times is uplifting.

The fog should lift here soon; the cold front is approaching -- it is visible as we look toward the Blue Ridge. A spectacular fall weekend forecast for Central Virginia.

Best wishes to all who contribute to the Daily and make our life better.

-Cat

• Like 11

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Wonderful that Custodians have their own day.  They deserve it especially in these trying times.  God bless them all for their extra hard work sanitizing for us all.

That quote is ever so true!

Not sure about the meal suggestion.  I’ve never heard of pumpkin ravioli and I’m not sure I’m going to try it.  At least, not tonight. 😉 

Thanks Roy for keeping the list so faithfully.  Our prayers to those on your care list and for those who need them and a toast to those we are celebrating.

Have a great TGIF everyone, stay safe and don’t forget your masks.

• Like 10

Good morning Rich. Thank you so much for your work on this thread. I really enjoy it.

I have always named my cars. When we moved to Texas we bought a Honda HRV and since we needed a Texas name for him, I named him Bubba.

Good morning sisters Ann and Denise. Ann have a great time today. Denise love you, hope all is well with the kitchen.

Thank you Roy for the addition of prayers. I continue to pray for our nation. Prayers for President Trump and First Lady Melania as they quarantine.

Prayers to all and toast tonight will be to custodial workers.

Farm Babe: 16 of the best farm jokes on the internet | AGDAILY

Edited by Seasick Sailor
add on
  • Like 12
  • Haha 2

Here is why I was late posting yesterday.

We bought a new house! Spent most of yesterday with the closing (there were some difficulties on the seller's side) and moving boxes from our condo. 

image.thumb.png.8f6d87c0fbcc28d6e6a17d814a274c62.png

image.thumb.png.12cdc7983352cef48bb7e44824a5f05f.png

image.thumb.png.ac715f24b75dc9b3a13ea5c7cf8e06f7.png

image.thumb.png.57850fdb4eb118c3d7e25bc743fe7525.png

As you can see, there are lots of gardens (maybe a bit more than I had planned to take on) which will be the source of pictures for next year's postings. It is on the east shore of Lake Phalen in St. Paul, Minnesota. It is not waterfront but it has good views of the lake. There is a road and a strip of parkland/walking trails between us and the lake but I could easily walk out our front door and drop a canoe or kayak into the lake.

image.thumb.png.e514c836068deb72c291071d3ff49897.png

• Like 29

1 minute ago, Overhead Fred said:

We bought a new house! Spent most of yesterday with the closing (there were some difficulties on the seller's side) and moving boxes from our condo. 

As you can see, there are lots of gardens (maybe a bit more than I had planned to take on) which will be the source of pictures for next year's postings. It is on the east shore of Lake Phalen in St. Paul, Minnesota. It is not waterfront but it has good views of the lake. There is a road and a strip of parkland/walking trails between us and the lake but I could easily walk out our front door and drop a canoe or kayak into the lake.

Congratulationss!

it looks lovely!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

I love the gardens and the flower boxes!  Congratulations!

• Like 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Over the years I've had the privilege of working with some great custodians, folks who took pride in their work, and didn't consider it just a job.  I've never named a car, but have been known to sweet-talk one that I owned whenever it decided it didn't want to start.  So grateful for farm animals, and their care-givers as well.

@Overhead Fred  Congratulations - what a sweet looking home you have!

I've tried the pumpkin ravioli somewhere, and wasn't a fan (I only like it in pie), but am delighted with Roy's alternate suggestions!  Tomorrow we're making the 7 hour trek to see our darling grandsons and help with the transition from DDIL's maternity leave to the sitter, so tonight will be take-out pizza.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone on the list, and even for those who don't think they really need them.  Raising the wine glass in toast for all on the celebration side of the list.  Stay safe, be well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 15

Good morning all!

Thanks for all the posts - the locations of the ships, the care list, the congratulations list, and all the beautiful photos.

@Overhead Fred your new home is beautiful - may you have many happy years there! (and looking forward to the garden photos in the future!)

Glad to see it's Custodial Worker Day - my husband became a school custodian after he was laid off from his previous job. He loved working in the school with the elementary school children!  No pumpkin ravioli for me - I am NOT a fan of pumpkin anything. Roy's alternate dinner suggestion is much more my style!

Have a great day everyone!!

Laura

• Like 11

Good morning.  Thank you Rich and Roy as always for the great thread. 

Our Custodians were the heart of the school and I'm sure overworked in todays stressful time.

Do not care for Pumpkin ravioli.

Prayers and hugs for both our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Viva la Vida

• 2 cl. CUBA Strawberry
  • 2 cl. Coconut liquor
  • Sprite
Method:

Pour CUBA Strawberry over crushed ice. Add coconut Liqueur and top up with Sprite. Decorate with the zest of a lime. Fresh, bubbly, sweet and really delicious.

• Like 12

What a lovely home and it sounds like a great location. Congratulations

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

Absolutely beautiful! Enjoy!

• Like 3