Will you cruise in Jan. or Feb.?

delliemd

A Feb cruise is one port different than a Dec 2021 cruise at a much lower price, a no brainer for me. In addition that one port can be visited as a pre-cruise excursion. If things are still bad, that's what nonrefundable deposits are all about.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, delliemd said:

I am ready to cruise again even though I'm a little apprehensive. Last Feb. I contracted influenza A on board Princess. I have cruised for 23 years & never been sick on a ship before & also never saw so many sick people. I was not aware of covid-19 at the time. However, life is short  & I'm ready to roll the dice how about you?

Save that for Las Vegas not with something I can't replace like my life. 

• Like 3

You can't be serious thinking that everything will be OK in early 2021. Even with the precautions taken in the white house the virus somehow slipped by & infected many of them. I can't imagine being trapped on a cruise ship with limited medical services.

We'll wait it out during 2021 for all the guinea pigs to cruise under their proposed precaution methods to see how it goes. There are so many other safer vacation options that we've put off for many years while cruising. 

• Like 1

I really waffled on an April TA (replacement for a Princess Canceled TA). Decided with having to take Princess only excursions I'd wait for the Spanish Passage May TA out 10/13/20. I've already picked those ship excursions and I'm set to book them as soon as I've got my booking #:

> Madeira 4WD Adventure (small excursion)

> Cadiz Walking Tour

> 4X4 Andalusian Adventure (small excursion) 

> Roman Cartagena & Civil War Shelters

One of the things that's different on these 'early' cruises is that I cannot wander on my own so I have to pick a cruise by excursions. By my December 2021 cruise I'll be back to wandering by myself 

DW and I had booked a 10 day Princess  Caribbean Cruise   departing in January   2021  , we have since cancelled  and booked another for January  2022  Too much uncertainty  about what the new normal  will be for cruisers caused us to decide to wait and see 

• Like 1

We are booked on a late Feb. 2021 Panama Canal Ft. L to San Diego.  I'm cautiously optimistic about going.  We've decided to only take Princess excursions,  if we want to get off at ports.  Even if the ship doesn't stop at any ports,  since it's a USA to USA trip we know we'll get home.  We really don't have any health problems and are reasonably fit.  We'll wait and see how things develop.  We did have pretty much the  same cruise booked in reverse departing LA on Dec. 20, 2020.  We cancelled that one.  (I  just checked, it's still available to book on Princess' site.

No.  We are booked for October 2021 and I am thinking that probably won’t happen.  No way we will cruise with this virus and no vaccine.  We go on a cruise to enjoy ourselves, not to wear a mask and social distance.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I doubt that I will bother to book a cruise before things get back to the pre-Covid "normal."  That will require a safe and effective vaccine, not just in the States but in the ports. 

As matters now stand, I do not intend to  book until no "face diapers" are required on board or in the ports, and we are allowed to wander the ports at will.  I will accept staff "plating" the food at buffets -- I am already used to that in Vegas.  I will accept nagging about hand sanitizers at the entrance to the restaurants and buffet.  But I want the shows and other activities to be open without social distancing.  

So I am not expecting things to be back for many months.  I am hoping for May 2021, if things go well.

• Haha 1

Booked for February 2021, but it’s not the original cruise that I wanted to take.

Around the time MSC restarted cruising in the Med, and we got a glimpse of what cruising would be like on this side of the Atlantic, I decided to cancel my original Princess cruise and booked an inexpensive back to back cruise to the Bahamas on MSC Seaside. 

If it goes, it will visit Ocean Cay twice and Nassau twice. In Nassau I’ll probably stay on the ship or take a snorkeling excursion, and in Ocean Cay hopefully I’ll be able to roam without too many restrictions. The best part about it? It’s only $165pp for a balcony stateroom for 7 nights. 

I’ll save my cruising money for a “real cruise” once some of the new protocols and procedures are no longer in effect and I can enjoy the ports and onboard experience more. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

You are all kidding yourselves if you think things will ever return to "normal".

As for the precautions in the White House! I would feel safer in a cruise ship as they are strictly adhering to the CDC etc and not allowing ego to dictate!

We are booked in Feb for a "trial run" 4 nights with only Nassau ( we will not leave the ship)  and 2 days on the private island for snorkeling. We will wear masks and use our own equipment for snorkeling plus no crowded elevators. Not too much to have to put up with to get back out there!

Who knows what will be happening in the future! We could be hit by a bus, so we intend to enjoy ourselves now ,albeit with precautions of course!

• Like 8

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Even with the precautions taken in the white house the virus somehow slipped by & infected many of them.

I know! Such a mystery how that happened....😂 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

We have B2B cruises in January.  There is no way we will be on either. If I can roll over our FCD's to 2022 we may do that.

From a personal note you do not want to be anywhere near a hospital these days. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

You can't be serious thinking that everything will be OK in early 2021. Even with the precautions taken in the white house the virus somehow slipped by & infected many of them. I can't imagine being trapped on a cruise ship with limited medical services.

We'll wait it out during 2021 for all the guinea pigs to cruise under their proposed precaution methods to see how it goes. There are so many other safer vacation options that we've put off for many years while cruising. 

There were no precautions in the White House.  Princess will be socially distant and enforcing mask wearing. 

• Like 4

We have a 7 night sailing booked on the Caribbean at the end of February.

If it sails, I'm pretty confident that the itinerary will be vastly different based on what I've been reading/hearing.

I also think they will upgrade as many passengers as possible out of inside cabins. (Just a hunch, or wishful thinking on my part)

Just in case the cruise is cancelled, or we decide to wait, we've just booked something for late May 2021.

Remember, a vaccine could change everything.

• Like 1

This doesn't affect me but I am curious, are those intending to cruise early 2021 able to get insurance against covid related events?

Like a medevac from the ship due to collapsed lungs, or returning to port due to ship wide outbreak?

My measure of when cruising will be viable is when I can get insurance for such events and I was wondering if it already exists.

• Like 1

No. We will not be cruising in early 2021. After 6 cancellations, our next cruise is a B2B in fall 2021. I have no issue with social distancing or wearing a mask. No big deal. My concern is with any mandate that disallows independent shore excursions. If we are limited to Princess excursions only, chances are I'm not going. There are other ways to travel.