The Daily for Monday Oct 19, 2020

richwmn

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

do you need to dig up your hostas or just prep them for winter?

No need to dig up hostas unless you are splitting them, thank heavens.  They are perennials.  But it’s good to remove the leaves and “sticks” from their blooms.  Takes up a lot of compost bags 😉   I have too many hostas 😉 

• Like 5

Good morning all! Great collection of days today and yay! a Marlborough SB! My favorite of all wines. I was so looking forward to doing some tasting on our Australia/NZ cruise that was cancelled in April. 😞

Having a fun time in Leavenworth, the weather has been good and the color in the trees is beautiful. As usual the town is full of tourists but everyone is complying with wearing masks and social distancing. Will be heading home this afternoon. 

Stay healthy and wear your masks. 🙂🙂

803B8987-77A6-48B1-89B1-CEAD83D6645C.jpeg

6FC223BB-22D4-4202-B613-1B31595BAE69.jpeg

722017AA-94AD-4D3A-BB93-C2DE5C6ED1B2.jpeg

434C7E30-F715-46E5-A473-46EFAA1F9E59.jpeg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Have you done anything Kayaking lately? Last time for us was last week. We went out near our home called Beacons to lay wreaths in ocean for our friend.  PS! I love NZ wines and wish I could buy this one!

🌺🌸🌺🌸

Welcome back! I went kayaking last Friday. It was gorgeous. Lots of water birds out having breakfast. 

• Like 5

I'm late to the party today.  It's already lunchtime here in the Eastern time zone.  

We got up and after exercising and breakfast we went to vote in person.  The line at 8:30 am was already quite long.  We managed to get to the front of the line by 10 am and were finished with the whole process by 10:20.  After finishing our civic duty we picked up some cottage cheese for the baked spaghetti which we plan on preparing probably tomorrow night.  Tonight is leftover meatloaf.  Today's Carolina Pulled Pork sounds good but we had pulled pork sandwiches a few days ago while in Missouri.  

Nice to see the sunrise photos, Leavenworth photos, location of the fleet, and all the care and celebration lists.  Better get busy since we were gone so long today.  I'm behind!

• Like 10

Good morning, all! Today’s quote is highly appropriate for 2020. Rainforest Day is fitting, as I look out through the first and cedars here at a light, steady rain. My last chance to make New Friends in person was on the Amsterdam this spring. I treasure the friendships that began there and look forward to seeing them, and more new friends, aboard a ship some day.

• Like 9

Good morning. It is a crisp fall morning here in Kansas. Temps in the 40's at nearly noon we are not used to yet. It was 90 not so many days ago, and our reflexes aren't what they used to be 🤔 Need to get out and work on the leaves before they get knee deep.

Welcome back to Denise!

Thought we'd share this from our visit to Maine this day in 2017. Sunset over Mt. Desert Island.

100_9236.thumb.JPG.7c0b22515cb81e2b7d1197531f6a024b.JPG

Hope everyone has a safe, wonderful day!

Lori & George

• Like 12

Still a.m. here, so good morning, all!  And thanks to all who make The Daily a real party!  Food, drink, and friends!  

I had an email from DS last night to ask if we could puppy-sit on Wednesdays, so I may be very busy playing with Oskar, and possibly will not be posting!  But I will be thinking of you all.  DD ordered him a new bag of toys, so we will have to see which is his favourite.  I told her to hold some aside for Christmas (coming soon)!

We are having a provincial election next week, and we have already voted by mail.  

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good Morning All,

And happy Monday!

Were starting to have lower temperatures here in SoCal, finally. Lots of errands to be done today.

Our first batch of gelato turned out fine. The machine takes longer than the freeze sleeve, but there was no hard crust. Interestingly the texture was closer to soft serve when it was done spinning than with the old machine. I ran your suggestions by DH and his choice was the cranberry and walnut flavor. It went well with the appeltaart. Will try the vanilla carmel and the cheddar cheese flavors in upcoming weeks. DH was intrigued by the cheese after I reminded him of the ensemada surprise.

@ger_77  what type of cheese is that on the salad?

Love that you tried the cranberry walnut!  How was it?   I knew I should have come for dinner!  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good Morning.

I woke up to a beautiful sunny day here in the temperate rainforest.  The sunshine is encouraging to go out and about.

Today's wine suggestion sounds good.  I am going to see if I can find it or something similar in our local liquor store.

Below are a few temperate rainforest photographs.

Ellie in the undergrowth.

15493515_10211113805946242_9141828231008502348_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=usdxmsJ0sA8AX852_Xn&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=0c17ab0ace7893ea51fb8f66ebd3355e&oe=5FB30F1F

Looking down from the Kinsol Trestle.

15443131_10211099659952601_181555568902015574_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=pRC2P_9yHNgAX_MbDqF&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=e364b4baf3ddd92e7e6848b2605ac2e2&oe=5FB55475

If you look closely you will see an eagle nestled in the branches.

598707_4189176652910_1629755331_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=uT_XBGJOlyQAX9e1mtW&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=e1342ddf8eb402465132ee8c5e57e0ef&oe=5FB2B320

This photograph is a fishing weir near Sitka.

551652_4189183733087_1132716974_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=hThq3NiCrjYAX8jLUhg&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=b5316719280e9d788ca646506669385d&oe=5FB36890

Val

• Like 14

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Got to bbq while we can.  It will soon be time to put it away 😞 

DH barbecues year round,  that includes minus thirties 🥶😂

@cat shepard just once I wish I could identify even half those flavours!   

Heres our lunch in Katakolon last fall in honour of the Noordam.   Gotta love a good Greek salad!   

image.thumb.jpeg.f8db52aee50c298b04d31ba061dcb401.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 13

Wanted to say thanks Rich, Roy et al.  Slow start today!  

Heres another Greek salad from Crete, love how they are all a little different!  This is distracting me from looking outside!   

Although now after watching My octopus Teacher a feel a bit of guilt🥴

8DFA9E0A-0C19-44F9-8670-EA0BE4858D63.jpeg

264A0253-151C-46E7-9223-96262406B89B.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 13

12 minutes ago, bennybear said:

DH barbecues year round,  that includes minus thirties 🥶😂

I would happily bbq all year round if DH would let me keep the bbq out.  He’s afraid of the snow wrecking it and likes it put in the garage before the snow flies 😞 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, kazu said:

I would happily bbq all year round if DH would let me keep the bbq out.  He’s afraid of the snow wrecking it and likes it put in the garage before the snow flies 😞 

We have a good cover and have kept Our Weber outside forever and it’s fine.  I hope I don’t jinx it!  Though sometimes he needs boots and a coat😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon, to all my new Daily friends! Thank you to each of you for a wonderful place to check in each day.

I had to message my TA today to cancel our February 2021 Panama cruise. DH and I are buying a new house and timing means no cruise at that time. I wouldn't have been comfortable cruising at that time, anyway, but it is still disappointing to have to cancel. On the upside....I'll have a cruise in April 2022 to look forward to.

It's a drizzly day, so everyone remember....

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear your mask!

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

DH and I are buying a new house and timing means no cruise at that time.

A new home!  How wonderful 😄 I think that’s more than worth sacrificing a cruise for 🥳 

• Like 6

@durangoscots,isn’t the Colorado ballot crazy this cycle?  17 groups of people running for President/VP!!!  I was busy with Red Cross and Cameron Peak fire last week, so I am looking at it now.  Hope to drop it off this afternoon.  My step-daughter is feeding me tonight, so dinner is a surprise.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, bennybear said:

We have a good cover and have kept Our Weber outside forever and it’s fine.  I hope I don’t jinx it!  Though sometimes he needs boots and a coat😂

I've been known to shovel a path through the snow to get to my Weber to grill out now and then.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 4