The Daily for Wednesday Oct 21, 2020

richwmn

1 hour ago, superoma said:

Good day all. Is anyone else having an issue with the Tapatalk app or the cruise critic app since yesterday’s maintenance. Neither one will accept my sign in so I am going to the website to find and read the daily. Any thoughts would be appreciated and I use an iPad almost exclusively. Had no problems until yesterday. Thanks all and have a good day.

I use an IPad too and find the CC site (on the internet) now easy to use on my Ipad.  You can post pics, etc.  So, I’ve stopped using tap a talk or the app.  They both weren’t working at one stage so I just migrated to the regular site and with the ease, saw no reason to go back to the apps.  Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

I use an IPad too and find the CC site (on the internet) now easy to use on my Ipad.  You can post pics, etc.  So, I’ve stopped using tap a talk or the app.  They both weren’t working at one stage so I just migrated to the regular site and with the ease, saw no reason to go back to the apps.  Hope this helps.

That’s sort of what I was thinking of doing. The fact that it is working well for you helps with my decision. Thank you.

• Like 3

Good day all. Is anyone else having an issue with the Tapatalk app or the cruise critic app since yesterday’s maintenance. Neither one will accept my sign in so I am going to the website to find and read the daily. Any thoughts would be appreciated and I use an iPad almost exclusively. Had no problems until yesterday. Thanks all and have a good day.

I gave up on Tapatalk; I used to be able to use it without issues on my iPod, but for several months, all I got were error messages.  Like you, I couldn't get to sign in, so I finally just deleted the app.  I use my  iPad mini (which I love for it's size), and can access CC in a heartbeat, as long as I've got internet.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I’ve heard on the news that Ireland is going back into lockdown.  It’s probably quite lucky that Mrs. Vmax got her operation when she did.

Unfortunately we are heading into 6 weeks of lockdown as the infection rate continues to rise.  Social gatherings and lack of mask discipline  has lead to rising hospital admissions and infection rates.  The age of those infected continues to drop as does the age of those who succumb to the virus.  The older people follow the guidelines quite well, but the teens, twenties and thirties continue to consider themselves indestructible and that is reflected in the current trends of infections and deaths.

This new lockdown will not be as severe as the March/April lockdown as a wider range of stores are considered 'essential' so hardware stores etc will continue to be open, but many businesses will not open again.

Regarding the surgery, indeed we were 'lucky' that the procedure was scheduled last week, in fact the whole experience of cancer diagnosis, chemo and surgery has been a surreal experience during Covid, surpassed only by the fact that we have been unable to hug children and grandkids.

Thanks again to all on this thread for the prayers and support. ❤️ 

• Like 21

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I’ve heard on the news that Ireland is going back into lockdown.  It’s probably quite lucky that Mrs. Vmax got her operation when she did.

duplicated!

Edited by VMax1700

12 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Unfortunately we are heading into 6 weeks of lockdown as the infection rate continues to rise.  Social gatherings and lack of mask discipline  has lead to rising hospital admissions and infection rates.  The age of those infected continues to drop as does the age of those who succumb to the virus.  The older people follow the guidelines quite well, but the teens, twenties and thirties continue to consider themselves indestructible and that is reflected in the current trends of infections and deaths.

This new lockdown will not be as severe as the March/April lockdown as a wider range of stores are considered 'essential' so hardware stores etc will continue to be open, but many businesses will not open again.

Regarding the surgery, indeed we were 'lucky' that the procedure was scheduled last week, in fact the whole experience of cancer diagnosis, chemo and surgery has been a surreal experience during Covid, surpassed only by the fact that we have been unable to hug children and grandkids.

So sad this is happening and all because some people won’t wear masks & don’t play ball. 😞 

I am so glad that Ellen got the surgery when she did.  I can’t even envision the surreal experience you two have had fighting cancer with covid.  All our prayers are with you both ❤️ 

• Like 10

That’s sort of what I was thinking of doing. The fact that it is working well for you helps with my decision. Thank you.

Happy to help.  As you can see @ger_77 is doing the same thing.

I actually find pics load faster on this cc site than they did on tap a talk.  Like Gerry, I deleted the app.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

It just happens that this is also the day for my cancer treatment.  It's actually been relatively normal under Covid, but my treatment is just a shot every 3 months.  What has changed has been masks, sanitizer, fewer chairs in the waiting room, and a temperature station at the entrance but still surprisingly routine.  One new change is in my med today, Lupron to Eligard which is supposed to be almost an exact duplicate but Lupron is in short supply.  I wonder if the Lupron was made in China or somewhere that is under embargo due to Covid.  The other change is that I always had to fudge the treatment schedule to work around my cruise schedule but now I just take the 90-day cycle, fudging only to get to the days the doctor is working.

Roy

• Like 12

@VMax1700 sending healing thoughts,   Surgery is never fun and right now adds such another layer!  I have a cousin who just had her surgery two weeks ago and is now about to start radiation.  What a year!  

@rafinmd hope the treatments go well!  

@cat shepard  After reading that description I want that wine!  😍

re the iPads, mine doesn’t always cooperate,  so I have ordered the new air!   Can’t wait!  

• Like 4

Thanks Rich for the fleet info, and Roy for the care and celebrations. I don't have meds to check, but I do have DH's. He can't remember to save his soul (short term memory loss from a motorcycle accident 40 years ago), although some days, his memory can be better than mine! LOL No buttons to count-I passed on my buttons to my teaching daughter- but my goodness, that's a beauty @ger_77! and @Norseh2o, I can imagine some treasures in yours!

Rich, I love the quote! And, while I love corned beef, I made some butternut squash soup for tonight.

@Overhead Fred, feel free to keep the snow. 😉 I thought I might be woozy just watching that video! Thanks for sharing! 

I got some pictures of kitties in Kotor as well, @Cruising-along ! Glad to see that I'm not the only animal lover around.  This one was taken at a monastery in Corfu a year ago. 75196372_10157869038222386_3696454132899512320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=RruNzBZOR6oAX-99WXj&_nc_ht=scontent.fykz1-2.fna&oh=9fbc010a4017994ca4cb51caadf72598&oe=5FB566AD

@sailingdutchy, I love doing the polka. Sadly, DH doesn't dance, but when we were married, my mother grudgingly let me dance the polka with my dad. She was a fan, too. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you are back in a lockdown @VMax1700. I'm glad that the surgery is done for your DW. I can see us facing the same thing eventually, although our provincial premier is definitely resisting that step at the moment. It is frustrating that the younger adults are the ones spreading by not following the recommendations. I had someone tell me on Facebook today that they shouldn't bother to report any deaths unless it is for someone under 40. Selfish in so many ways.

Here's to those who are following the recommendations to protect others.

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask. 😷

• Like 9

Hello lovely Dailyites!! Thank you Rich and Roy and everyone who contributes.

What an odd combination of days but I like the quote.

Zombies sound like trouble. 😛

We have been up in the mountains for the fall colors. Very nice and safe trip. Hotel was spotless and I mean cleanest I have ever seen a hotel. I was impressed and hope this change lasts! Nice to get away even if it was just 3 + hours away. Masks were ubiquitous but it was easy to socially distance in the great outdoors anyway. Weather was great too. We avoided super crowded places and chose to eat early or get take out, which just about everyone offers now. Wonderful trip and hated to leave but nice to be home.

IMG_20201017_150901983.jpg

IMG_20201016_144547373_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 11

10 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

The World Series

'...............................

And the L.A. Dodgers winning them 😎 

Kenley Jansen 7 24 18.jpg

Closer Kenley Jansen, the Dodgers' Dutch connection 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

We have been up in the mountains for the fall colors. Very nice and safe trip. Hotel was spotless and I mean cleanest I have ever seen a hotel. 

fatcat04, thanks for the Tennessee mountain pictures!  I am originally from Oak Ridge (East Tennessee), thus my Cruise Critic name.  I do miss the beautiful trees in the fall there.  We get some color changes here but certainly no where near as spectacular as the east coast.

~Nancy

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, oakridger said:

fatcat04, thanks for the Tennessee mountain pictures!  I am originally from Oak Ridge (East Tennessee), thus my Cruise Critic name.  I do miss the beautiful trees in the fall there.  We get some color changes here but certainly no where near as spectacular as the east coast.

~Nancy

Nice. Beautiful country up in the East TN mountains. We are close to peaking now here in Middle TN but this past weekend was peak in the mountains so we were very lucky. It was a kind of last minute trip as I only planned it a couple weeks before. We thought a little trial vacation would be nice and were not disappointed.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

Thanks Rich for the fleet info, and Roy for the care and celebrations. I don't have meds to check, but I do have DH's. He can't remember to save his soul (short term memory loss from a motorcycle accident 40 years ago), although some days, his memory can be better than mine! LOL No buttons to count-I passed on my buttons to my teaching daughter- but my goodness, that's a beauty @ger_77! and @Norseh2o, I can imagine some treasures in yours!

Rich, I love the quote! And, while I love corned beef, I made some butternut squash soup for tonight.

@Overhead Fred, feel free to keep the snow. 😉 I thought I might be woozy just watching that video! Thanks for sharing! 

I got some pictures of kitties in Kotor as well, @Cruising-along ! Glad to see that I'm not the only animal lover around.  This one was taken at a monastery in Corfu a year ago. 75196372_10157869038222386_3696454132899512320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=RruNzBZOR6oAX-99WXj&_nc_ht=scontent.fykz1-2.fna&oh=9fbc010a4017994ca4cb51caadf72598&oe=5FB566AD

@sailingdutchy, I love doing the polka. Sadly, DH doesn't dance, but when we were married, my mother grudgingly let me dance the polka with my dad. She was a fan, too. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you are back in a lockdown @VMax1700. I'm glad that the surgery is done for your DW. I can see us facing the same thing eventually, although our provincial premier is definitely resisting that step at the moment. It is frustrating that the younger adults are the ones spreading by not following the recommendations. I had someone tell me on Facebook today that they shouldn't bother to report any deaths unless it is for someone under 40. Selfish in so many ways.

Here's to those who are following the recommendations to protect others.

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask. 😷

Thank you! I had the button box out for 'school from home' with first grade granddaughter. She made a sea turtle model for science with play dough, glitter,  googley eyes and buttons. It was such joy to have them stay with us for a few weeks during these time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

May Blake Snell and the Tampa Bay Rays make a great comeback tonight!  

Sure, it's only Game 2! A lot of things can happen and I don't believe that the Dodgers will sweep the series. The Rays are too good a team for that

• Like 1

Rich and Roy, thanks for the daily updates, and thanks for all the information and photos.

Roy, can only wish we were on board a HAL ship, with chilled Apricot soup and Blueberry Crisp available on the  dinner menu this evening. 

It's a warm sunny spring day here.

Stay safe everyone, wear your masks.

• Like 5

Good evening everyone!  I have been off for a few days but couldn’t let another day go by without checking in and reading everyone’s posts. Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your list Roy. 

I love corned beef hash. Best I ever had was in San Luis Obispo at Madonna Inn. We spent our honeymoon nearby and have eaten there several times. My husband’s family is from the Central Valley so driving to the coast is an easy day trip. 

I also stopped using the CC app. The website is much easier to use. 

Have a great evening everyone!

• Like 4