Odyssey sailing from Southampton *new*

Just spotted those too. There are also a 4-nighter (26 April) and two 5-nighters out of Barcelona (12 and 21 April). My first thought was that these are to test the waters before the longer cruises start at the end of the month. I will be keeping an eye on these!

56 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I am looking at that 3 day.  Over Easter, we could fly out Thursday night arrive Friday morning and then fly home on Monday and back to work Tuesday and not miss a day of work......very tempting especially after missing the inaugural. 

8 hour flight for a 3 day cruise😱

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I am looking at that 3 day.  Over Easter, we could fly out Thursday night arrive Friday morning and then fly home on Monday and back to work Tuesday and not miss a day of work......very tempting especially after missing the inaugural. 

Are you kidding?

You know that there are people who love within driving distance of  Southampton, right? I’m sure that they’re will be many takers from that demographic. 

For those of us who live farther away, these short cruises may be a good “add on” to a longer vacation. I’d do it! 

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

We won’t even drive 3.5 hours to Miami for a 3 night cruise!  To each their own though!  And, NEVER say never!  😇

Same here.  I wont even fly 3 hrs to do a 3 or 4 night cruise.  Not with all that goes with flying.   1 hr drive to airport, get there 2 hours early to end up sitting in lounge etc etc.  

Plus overseas and jet lag.  

Always want to fly in a day early.

Good luck to those that do it!

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We, from Asia, had experienced 12 hour flight to Europe for some mini cruises.

Sometimes you really want to try a new (or a really special) ship but cannot afford other much longer itineraries.

Or because that 3 day cruise is of great importance (inaugural cruise / christening ceremony).

20 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

We, from Asia, had experienced 12 hour flight to Europe for some mini cruises.

Sometimes you really want to try a new (or a really special) ship but cannot afford other much longer itineraries.

Or because that 3 day cruise is of great importance (inaugural cruise / christening ceremony).

To great a chance that ceremonial cruise gets shifted.😉

9 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Just spotted those too. There are also a 4-nighter (26 April) and two 5-nighters out of Barcelona (12 and 21 April). My first thought was that these are to test the waters before the longer cruises start at the end of the month. I will be keeping an eye on these!

Wonder what’s happening between 17th and 21st? Agent stuff or a small charter? 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Wonder what’s happening between 17th and 21st? Agent stuff or a small charter? 

There's a 2 night gap between the 10th and the 12th as well.

That 4-nighter from Barcelona to Rome on the 26th could be a great add-on for folks booked on the 9-nighter on the 30th. 

Only saw this when I got home from work at 9.45pm  last night .

Went to book a balcony guarantee this morning on the 3 night Southampton round trip and they are sold out!

Looks like these will be very popular sailings.

Deliberating whether paying double the price is worth it to choose a balcony for 3 nights.

Might be better with the 5 night Southampton to Barcelona .

When I first read ken's idea I thought, ugh

Then started to read the replys and thought this is 2020's version of a tipping/formal night thread LOL

I am enjoying a thread about people and their wants, INSTEAD of covid, masks and everything else.

Booked the 3 night cruise earlier today and it seems to be selling very well, I wouldn't normally bother with a 3 night cruise but need something to look forward to before our Oasis cruise in August.

Fingers crossed we are all cruising by then!

2 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Booked the 3 night cruise earlier today and it seems to be selling very well, I wouldn't normally bother with a 3 night cruise but need something to look forward to before our Oasis cruise in August.

Fingers crossed we are all cruising by then!

See you on board! I agree this one is selling like hot cakes! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

I don’t want to burst anyone bubble of exciting, but currently anyone arriving from most overseas countries including the US has to quarantine here in the U.K. for 14 days on arrival.  You are not allowed out of your house/hotel even for food shopping.

I cannot see the situation being any different in April as it is now.  Our numbers are on the increase along with most of Europe and the US.

I will watch the pricing with interest and us Brits might be able to grab a bargain.  Would love to sail on the new ship.

Edited by heatherbelle

1 minute ago, little britain said:

See you on board! I think this one is selling like hot cakes! 

You will 😀

I think its a case of everyone is so fed up with things that a lot of people have just gone for it. In all my cruises I have never been so spontaneous. Saw the details, debit card out and a stateroom booked in 10 minutes as we had a preference for location from when we were on Anthem in 2015.

22 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

5 hour time difference from US to UK  and jet lag is a downer for a 3 day cruise.

Living in the UK makes it interesting for me.

Edited by grapau27