The Daily for Monday Oct 26, 2020

richwmn

12 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We had a black and white Metropolitan when DH was in the Army in New Jersey.  Paid $50 for it and towed it back to the GI garage at Picatinny Arsenal since the transmission was in the trunk.   Once the transmission was fixed and installed, it was a fun car to drive.  Sold it when he got out of the Army for $75.

Lenda

My aunt had one just like this - I remember she took me in it when she went for groceries; it was a great ride!!!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Silly, I was typing! Everyone knows dogs don’t type. She is great at dictation, though.

My Golden is great at dictation too: as long as we do as he says, all is well.

The other night I had a zoom group and he wanted his walk. Now. The tantrum was bad. My sock didn’t survive, and we won’t get in to what he did with the blanket. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hi Sharon. This profile picture was taken on the way back from Stonehenge. Our driver took us on a country ride and we ate at a place called Whitehorse. Then he took us to a beautiful river and gave us bread to feed the ducks.

0810181224a.jpg

That is so neat Joy!  It is a great picture and a great memory. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh, I hope all goes well with Blue’s tooth extraction 🙏🏻 

Thank you Jacqui and everyone, so sweet to think of him. Everything went well. He is home and whimpering off and on. I know he’s mad at me because it’s all my fault.  He has sutures so the next few days will be interesting. No treats, no chew sticks, no toys for two weeks.  Only soft food. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you.  I am a volunteer.  I used to go out on calls but haven't since my prostate cancer surgery in 1997.  I have been the Treasurer since about 1992 and was their representative to their boy scout units for about 34 years.  The most notable thing I've done recently is sign a check for about $2/3 million for 2 new ambulances.  At least one of them is currently in the station (the other is I think out getting some modifications and outfitting) and should be in service within about the next month.

Roy

Thank you for your reply. Your service and dedication is something you don’t see very often. Thank you for your service. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you Jacqui and everyone, so sweet to think of him. Everything went well. He is home and whimpering off and on. I know he’s mad at me because it’s all my fault.  He has sutures so the next few days will be interesting. No treats, no chew sticks, no toys for two weeks.  Only soft food. 

Hope he doesn't have to have an oral rinse.....our dog hated the one we were supposed to use....it was orange flavored - apparently that's not an Eskipoo taste treat.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Hi Sharon!

was it an upper extraction or lower? We want to keep the sutures in place and not 

have them disturbed or open for a dry socket. That is why no treats or chew sticks because of chewing . Soft foods . Is Blue in one of those cones? Our little fur babies are no different than us with our teeth! Except when I would have to do extractions my patients didn’t have to wear a cone LOL. Hope Blue does well for you and is comfortable! Take care Sharon sleep well for you and Blue

Denise😊

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ger_77 said:

This was our "summer cruiser" horseless carriage for a number of years.  It came to us as a pathetic looking vehicle, but DH paid to have it beautifully restored.  I used to refer to as my "61 Hair Dryer" because in the early mornings by the time I got to work my hair would be dry.  It was so long it just barely fit into our garage.  We finally gave it up a few years ago, as it didn't seem fair to only take it out a few times every summer, so it went to a new home where they said it would see lots of miles.

image.thumb.jpeg.e5037a9a361c51894f52eb339e703c6f.jpeg

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Beautiful! 

What's  the make and model?

(I tried zooming in ,but the name gets blurred)

5 hours ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Beautiful! 

What's  the make and model?

(I tried zooming in ,but the name gets blurred)

1961 Pontiac Parisienne; snow white with raspberry leather interior.  DH's pride and joy.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

1961 Pontiac Parisienne; snow white with raspberry leather interior.  DH's pride and joy.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Growing up on the US/Canada border, we were familiar with the GM Canadian models.  The Pontiac Parisienne was built in Oshawa on the Chevrolet Impala frame with basically a Pontiac Catalina body.  It sold well in Canada, where gas was more expensive than the US, with a 6 cylinder engine rather than the thirstier V8's of US Pontiac's.  GM was king in most of the 50's and 60's, often selling one half of all cars on the road here.  Hard to believe years later.

18 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Didn't have time to post these yesterday.

I often drove the 1964 Corvair convertible while teaching in NC.  After moving to IL, sold it 3 times to the same NC friend! Last time was when his daughter turned 16. DH still has the 1965 Corvair 4-door.

1964 Convertible.JPG

1965 4-door.jpg

Thank goodness for Corvairs or I might not have passed my driver's license test!  I failed the first test because I was driving my Dad's 1966 Pontiac Bonneville coupe which was only slightly smaller than the parking spot in the parallel parking area on the test.  Couldn't wrangle it so borrowed my friend's Corvair to take the next test and passed with flying colors.  Thanks for bringing back memories.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 7:20 PM, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hi Sharon!

was it an upper extraction or lower? We want to keep the sutures in place and not 

have them disturbed or open for a dry socket. That is why no treats or chew sticks because of chewing . Soft foods . Is Blue in one of those cones? Our little fur babies are no different than us with our teeth! Except when I would have to do extractions my patients didn’t have to wear a cone LOL. Hope Blue does well for you and is comfortable! Take care Sharon sleep well for you and Blue

Denise😊

Thank you Denise!  It was a lower tooth. No cone but if he starts rubbing it or scratching it then I’m supposed to use one. So far so good so I don’t think it’ll be necessary. 

Sharon