Walk out of shows or nap?

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Everyone will certainly move out of my way quickly.  

If it is CATS, they're probably already gone. Generally, the sound systems are cranked up so high that taking a nap is impossible, so we just leave.😵

• Haha 1

I would think that if just one person is walking out and a performer sees it they assume it's a bathroom break or the person does not feel well. If you want to be extra polite, don't leave in groups!

Maybe the best thing to do is to leave the shows instead of not wanting to be rude or staying because there isn't anything else to do at that time.

RC needs to see which shows are not holding peoples interest.  This is especially true up here in the northeast when dealing with limited ships and shows that run for years.  That leaves us with fewer venues for entertainment so it is really noticeable when they are not good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crazyank said:

........As for being rude,  making noise, disturbing people, talking on a cellphone, etc is rude.  Quietly getting up and walking out may be a momentary disturbance but not a serious one in our opinion.  Sleeping?  Only if you snore! LOL

11 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

I'm not sure the cast can see the audience because of the stage lights

10 hours ago, bigrednole said:

It's your time, not theirs. I am on vacation. No need to waste my time if the performance is not up to par with what I call entertainment. Obviously, don't make a fuss or show about it. Get up, leave quietly and contently and be done.

These describe it to a T. 👍🏻

19 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

We will walk out if the sound system has been turned up to the point of sound distortion and it sounds as if the singers are screeching.  We will also walk out if the show pretty much bombs.  

Saw a hyped up Elton John imitator on a cruise a few years ago and the guy was so bad that people were leaving in droves by the third number.  Makes one wonder who hires some of the performers. 

There's no rule that you must attend the show anyway.  Often a wee dram while listening to one of the string trios or a solo guitarist is more enjoyable.

Totally agree,  especially about the sound systems.  When did louder become better?  You would be surprised how often performers are blamed for screeching when in fact the problem is poor sound control.  Who hires the performers?  As far as we know, the cruise director plays a major part in this.  I think we saw the same Elton John impersonator, we were almost the first ones headed for the door. LOL

We will walk out if the sound system has been turned up to the point of sound distortion and it sounds as if the singers are screeching.  We will also walk out if the show pretty much bombs.  

Saw a hyped up Elton John imitator on a cruise a few years ago and the guy was so bad that people were leaving in droves by the third number.  Makes one wonder who hires some of the performers. 

There's no rule that you must attend the show anyway.  Often a wee dram while listening to one of the string trios or a solo guitarist is more enjoyable.

Totally agree,  especially about the sound systems.  When did louder become better?  You would be surprised how often performers are blamed for screeching when in fact the problem is poor sound control.  Who hires the performers?  As far as we know, the cruise director plays a major part in this.  I think we saw the same Elton John impersonator, we were almost the first ones headed for the door. LOL

22 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Especially if you fall asleep!  I remember on the ship a Mr Perry Grant   He was a lounge performer and sang and played the piano.  If you walked out of his show he would go after you!  Was silly but funny. 

If you were lucky enough to get a seat at one of Perry Grant’s performances, you did not leave!  Loved him on Celebrity

m

On 10/27/2020 at 7:28 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Especially if you fall asleep!  I remember on the ship a Mr Perry Grant   He was a lounge performer and sang and played the piano.  If you walked out of his show he would go after you!  Was silly but funny. 

There are groupies who actually schedule cruises because he is on them.  We don't care for him, but he does pack the bars with people who look like they're in love with him.

Edited by bouhunter

5 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

There are groupies who actually schedule cruises because he is on them.  We don't care for him, but he does pack the bars with people who look like they're in love with him.

Yes!  A few of his senior groupies always sat in the front rows. They must have arrived an hour earlier. while we enjoyed his performance, not a groupie!

I'm lucky in that I can sleep right through my own snoring.  I can sleep through just about anything.  My wife however...not so much.  Still, we choose to leave rather than nap.  Our target location is the first row of the upper section of the lower deck, on the aisle.  Gives you the wall in front for drinks and quick/easy ability to leave without disturbing anyone.

6 hours ago, crazyank said:

We have complained about the too-loud sound on many cruises and the standard answer is that the sound levels are set by "corporate".  If it's too loud, we vacate.  Let someone have our seat and ruin their hearing.

We were at one show with an obnoxious (insulting) comedian.  One elderly gentleman got up and was walking down the aisle to leave when the "comedian" left the stage and ran up the aisle following him.

He ran right into the gentleman, hitting him in the back and  knocking him over.

What a jerk!

7 minutes ago, boatseller said:

If the show isn't compelling enough to keep me awake, I have no problem sleeping through it.

But, I then try to sleep the whole way through if I might want to see it later.

If it's not compelling enough to keep you awake the first time, why would you go back a second time??? 🤔

19 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Because compelling is based on how well the wine goes with dinner. :classic_biggrin:

Ah yes! The infamous "drink package factor" - which also has much to do with one's ability to stay conscious. 😉

Edited by ramja96
Add text

After dinner on one cruise, we attended this great musical performance by Luis Meija's band (flamenco, salsa music) and in between the songs, everyone could hear this couple SNORING, it only added to the entertainment!