Who has registered for 2022

lindylooellalouise

45 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I agree Pete. Pfizer won’t be the only show in town. Oxford aren’t far behind and their vaccine is based on the same methodology. The issue, as you say, will be the capacity to cope with a vaccination programme of the scale required. Our beloved NHS has virtually put everything else on hold in order to deal with the ICU capacity issues caused by the virus. Thankfully they didn’t get overwhelmed, but the cost of that has been enormous. Waiting lists are now huge - if you can even get as far as getting on one. How they will cope with having to vaccinate tens of millions of us only time will tell. We know from testing (a similar process but on a minute scale in comparison) that the only organisation that seems capable of doing it properly is the army!

It'll be a massive undertaking to do these vaccinations. I fall into the 'over 60's' category, so I'm expecting  long wait before it's my turn. 

I'm in the process of moving my cruises to 2022, as I think there'll be more chance of some sort of normality by then.  Another thing to think of, it's not just our country's vaccination programme to consider, it's also the countries that we intend to visit as well.  

But yesterday's announcement was good news - at least its a step in the right direction. 

• Like 1

here you go from the government

1-older adults’ resident in a care home and care home workers1
2-all those 80 years of age and over and health and social care workers1
3-all those 75 years of age and over
4-all those 70 years of age and over
5-all those 65 years of age and over
6-high-risk adults under 65 years of age
7-moderate-risk adults under 65 years of age
8-all those 60 years of age and over
9-all those 55 years of age and over
10-all those 50 years of age and over

rest of the population (priority to be determined)2
The prioritisation could change substantially if the first available vaccines were not considered suitable for, or effective in, older adults.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

My husband will be in the  second group and I will be in the 4th.  Be interesting to know how many thousands are in each group.

David & I are in group 5.  I googled how many people in the UK are over 70 and it is  8,769,122 so they are going to need more than18 million doses before they get to our group.

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

David & I are in group 5.  I googled how many people in the UK are over 70 and it is  8,769,122 so they are going to need more than18 million doses before they get to our group.

I'm in group 8, so that's why I'm not expecting to vaccinated soon 

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

The prioritisation could change substantially if the first available vaccines were not considered suitable for, or effective in, older adults.

Presumably these start after all doctors and nurses, who I understood would be vaccinated first.

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

My husband will be in the  second group and I will be in the 4th.  Be interesting to know how many thousands are in each group.

Approx number in each age group - not including essential workers etc

90+     0.61 million

85-89  1.04

80-84  1.72 

75-79   2.33

70-74   3.32

65-69   3.37

60-64   3.76

55-59   4.41

50-54   4.66

Edited by davecttr

I’m at the cusp of groups 9 and 10 but work from home. Wouldn’t it make more sense for people of working age in public facing roles to be vaccinated sooner rather than later, and not just health and social care workers? . E.g. public transport workers, teachers, shop workers. 

6 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I’m at the cusp of groups 9 and 10 but work from home. Wouldn’t it make more sense for people of working age in public facing roles to be vaccinated sooner rather than later, and not just health and social care workers? . E.g. public transport workers, teachers, shop workers. 

Could be a good idea, also other front line workers like fire and rescue, police etc. Things could get  complicated though

If we get 10 million doses ie 5 million people, before Christmas then when you add in million pus NHS and care workers  only over 80s will be vaccinated in first tranche.

Over 70s in next tranche if it's 10 million doses. At 69.9 I'll  have to wait till next 3rd tranche,  but my wife will just sneak into tranche 2.

We have booked for Oct 22 on Aurora. Our next cruise is not until Oct 21. I hope they have got it sorted by then.

I note that the price we have paid is in my mind very cheap. 61% pppn of our first cruise in 2001, on the same ship and same grade of cabin.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, daiB said:

We have booked for Oct 22 on Aurora. Our next cruise is not until Oct 21. I hope they have got it sorted by then.

I note that the price we have paid is in my mind very cheap. 61% pppn of our first cruise in 2001, on the same ship and same grade of cabin.

That’s great to hear Dai as Aurora had started getting quite expensive after the conversion to adult only. As we aren’t booking anything at present I had only looked at Iona in the latest release, but some of our best cruises have been on Aurora and I was concerned that she was becoming poor value for money, so fingers crossed we shall return to her in years to come. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

That’s great to hear Dai as Aurora had started getting quite expensive after the conversion to adult only. As we aren’t booking anything at present I had only looked at Iona in the latest release, but some of our best cruises have been on Aurora and I was concerned that she was becoming poor value for money, so fingers crossed we shall return to her in years to come. 

I do expect the price to go up fairly quickly as people will have many FFC’s

i would not wait too long.

No, haven't booked - just can't commit whilst our insurance won't cover as long as FCO advice is against cruising and international travel and whilst we can't decide if we even want to go cruising under the risk and new (necessary)restrictions.

We will be waiting for cruises to return safe and sound and for vaccinated people to return safe and sound before we make any commitment and part with any money.

Edited by Scriv

9 hours ago, davecttr said:

My husband is in the third group  and I'm in the eighth, wonder how much longer I than him I will have to wait. 

11 hours ago, daiB said:

I do expect the price to go up fairly quickly as people will have many FFC’s

i would not wait too long.

We aren’t booking anything at the moment Dai. My wife and I will be in group 9 for the vaccine so with over 15 million people ahead of us in the queue (when you include all health workers) I doubt we will be vaccinated before the second half of next year and we aren’t interested in cruising until all proposed social distancing measures are lifted. Our next cruise with P&O (if we do one) is likely to be on Iona but we will book much nearer to the sail date, understanding that this may well cost more. We may well try Cunard next time, so aren’t even certain that our next cruise will be with P&O. We are coping adequately without cruises so are in no rush!

19 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

We aren’t booking anything at the moment Dai. My wife and I will be in group 9 for the vaccine so with over 15 million people ahead of us in the queue (when you include all health workers) I doubt we will be vaccinated before the second half of next year and we aren’t interested in cruising until all proposed social distancing measures are lifted. Our next cruise with P&O (if we do one) is likely to be on Iona but we will book much nearer to the sail date, understanding that this may well cost more. We may well try Cunard next time, so aren’t even certain that our next cruise will be with P&O. We are coping adequately without cruises so are in no rush!

We are of the same persuasion.  Our 2021 holiday schedule is now empty apart from a week in a "lodge" in Tenby, following the cancellation of our Saga cruise, and we will not be booking anything else for 2021 at the moment. 

We still have an Arcadia and a Saga cruise booked for 2022, but we are not looking any other holidays until the dust settles.

Whilst not booking anything else at this early stage may lead to us paying more in the long term, I can't say it is of concern.  In fact,  we are also thinking that we may consider a different cruise line,  so as to ring the changes. But rather than Cunard, we are thinking of Celebrity. Haven't sailed on a Celebrity  ship for 25 years  - might be time to cruise with them again.

Hi....I fully understand everyone's reluctance to book further cruises in these uncertain times but I have booked two cruises for 2022 because by then we should be in " calmer waters"....if we are not then we can change the cruise until a later date....as many times as we like under today's booking T&Cs....or just walk away from them but to be honest if we are still in the same situation we will have far bigger problems to concern ourselves with than cruising.

I will also add that our favourite holidays are in the UK and every year we have 5/6 different places that we go to....especially the Railway In Wartime week in Pickering....it is absolutely great....well recommended.

Just off the phone with P&O, and Iona booked for 2022.  Will need to phone again tomorrow to book another cruise in August 2022.

Very helpful and pleasant service, and they managed to track down a small amount of missing FCC and applied it to one of our 2021 bookings.

Thank you P&O telesales team.

• Like 1