When was your last cruise?

Domino D

Rhapsody B2B  last 2 weeks February out of Tampa.   Caught Covid on the ship....though had no idea at the time.  Source of virus?  My sister!!  She came on board with it, thought it was a bad cold that she was just  getting over with.  I got sick with what I thought was the strangest cold I had ever after had when I got home.  

Later, found out it was classic case of Covid-19.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Domino D said:

We cruised out of New Orleans February 15-22 on Majesty.  We went to Mardi Gras before and  after the cruise, and spent time with our son and daughter in law who live in NO.

My wife and I were talking last night about the thrill ride that has been 2020.  It has been emotionally harder on her than me. I am fatalist at heart and believe that life is mostly survival with little moments of enjoyment.  She is a lover of life and experience.  It is the reason I'm the planner and booker of vacations (details matter).  She is the picker of where we will go.   I actually have a spreadsheet with 12 measurements about a vacation and it calculates an overall score.  Not exactly an exciting way to look at travel. 

All that is a long way of explaining, I was telling my wife, I consider us lucky.    Yes this is the longest we have gone without a cruise in over 15 years, but still we got one in 2020.  We will not lose the streak, assuming that Nov 2021 is safe. 

Our last cruise was a 15 night Hawaiian cruise on Grand Princess in November/December 2019.

We had a 14 night P&O TA cancelled for March 2020 and a 7 night Allure of the seas cruise cancelled for June  2020.

We have also had a 14 night P&O Canary Islands cruise cancelled for February 2021.

Graham.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Rhapsody B2B  last 2 weeks February out of Tampa.   Caught Covid on the ship....though had no idea at the time.  Source of virus?  My sister!!  She came on board with it, thought it was a bad cold that she was just  getting over with.  I got sick with what I thought was the strangest cold I had ever after had when I got home.  

Later, found out it was classic case of Covid-19.  

Sorry to hear that you caught Covid19 Pat.

Did Bucky catch it too?.

I hope you and your sister are fully recovered now and have acquired an Immunity to covid19.

Anthem: February 7(10) - 15 out of Bayonne

This was the cruise that was cut from 8 days to 5 days because passengers were sick on the previous sailing.  I will just say it was terrible communication from RCCL.  We sent $100 in tolls driving to the port on the 7th without being told the cruise was canceled.

Last completed:

Grandeur February 20 to 28, 2020 from Baltimore.

Delayed boarding due to deep cleaning from previous cruise ("flu-like" symptoms).

Anchored in Chesapeake Bay to sit out passing coastal storm.  Result = missed Nassau.  🙂

Re-directed to Port Canaveral for medical evacuation.

Beautiful day in Coco Cay.

Scheduled stop at Port Canaveral.

Rain in Charleston.

Canceled:

Adventure - May 2020 CA/NE (125% FCC)

Allure - November 2020 TA (L&S to Anthem TA)

Next up:

Radiance - May 2021 Alaska

Jewel - August 2021 TA

Anthem - October 2021 TA

Edited by Another_Critic

Most recent cruise was May, 2019, Adventure 12 days out of Florida to ABC ending at Cape Liberty.  Were waiting in the Philippines to fly to Hong Kong for cruise to Philippines and Singapore on 2/24/20, got switched to RT Singapore and then cancelled.  4 others refunded since, just put a refundable deposit on Anthem out of Cape Liberty 12 days on 12/12/21.  Using $376 FCC which must be used by 12/31/21.

Our last cruise was a B2B on Celebrity Equinox that left Ft. Lauderdale on 2/15/2020.  Fairly confident I may have had covid on the cruise as lots of people seemed sick on the first leg and I became ill with what I thought was a very strange cold towards the end of it.  Cough lasted for almost 2 months. My husband came down with the same symptoms about a week after me but his only lasted for a week.  

Sherri🙂

One week on Jewel from/to Dubai in January 2020. Incredibly cheap as many Americans had pulled out due to worries about issues in Iraq. Little did they - or any of us - realise how we'd soon have much bigger things to worry about

I was on an 11 southern Caribbean on the Anthem in mid January. We were supposed to be on the 8 day Bahamas on the Anthem in February that had the potential covid-19 issues. We took the refund when they kept changing the departure days. Since then, one cancellation and two lift and switch. Next scheduled is a five nights Bermuda in May on the Freedom which doesn't seem too promising right now.

We were with John and Lala on the Allure, March 1-March 13, 2020 for a TA.  The Allure was supposed to go into dry dock right after our cruise, so nothing was scheduled for her until May, but I wonder if that ever happened? We disembarked in Barcelona March 13 and they closed the country down on March 14 leaving many for a mad scramble to 'get out of town'. We were already scheduled to leave on the 15 and we did, but for the night before, you couldn't even get anything to eat in all Barcelona unless you got something from your hotel. 

I guess we were one of the last cruises that sailed before they closed everything down for good. 

As John said, we were very lucky. We only had one stop on the TA and we assume no one was sick on the ship or else they never  would have let us dock and disembark in Barcelona. 

Cheers

Len

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bobal said:

One week on Jewel from/to Dubai in January 2020. Incredibly cheap as many Americans had pulled out due to worries about issues in Iraq. Little did they - or any of us - realise how we'd soon have much bigger things to worry about

Not doubting you but find it surprising reason cruise was so cheap because so many Americans pulled out.  On our Dubai cruise yhyhe

Just now, voyager70 said:

Not doubting you but find it surprising reason cruise was so cheap because so many Americans pulled out.  On our Dubai cruise yhyhe

Sorry, phone acting up.  Should have said on our Dubai cruise there were only 150 total from US and Canada

6 hours ago, Domino D said:

We cruised out of New Orleans February 15-22 on Majesty.  We went to Mardi Gras before and  after the cruise, and spent time with our son and daughter in law who live in NO.

My wife and I were talking last night about the thrill ride that has been 2020.  It has been emotionally harder on her than me. I am fatalist at heart and believe that life is mostly survival with little moments of enjoyment.  She is a lover of life and experience.  It is the reason I'm the planner and booker of vacations (details matter).  She is the picker of where we will go.   I actually have a spreadsheet with 12 measurements about a vacation and it calculates an overall score.  Not exactly an exciting way to look at travel. 

All that is a long way of explaining, I was telling my wife, I consider us lucky.    Yes this is the longest we have gone without a cruise in over 15 years, but still we got one in 2020.  We will not lose the streak, assuming that Nov 2021 is safe. 

Our last cruise was in January on the Harmony of the seas.  Great memories my DH and I shared with our granddaughter 

September 2019  on the Allure cruising eastern caribbean .

Oasis class or nothing for us . 

MSC Meriviglia looks like an interesting ship also , so we may consider it.

Didnt plan any cruises for this year to take a break and it looks like the break

will go at least another year until i book anything again.

We were on the Feb. 2020 Anthem cruise out of cape liberty that was delayed because of COVID fears, but ultimately sailed 2 days late, so we squeaked in right before everything shut down, and it was a great cruise because the ship was only at like 50 precent capacity! We have our next booked for May 2021, hoping that we can still do that one. 

Edited by gerard43