Changes Announced for Captain's Club Member Benefits

EvoUSA

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

This special guest will also now have the opportunity to take part in an interview with our cruise director that will air on our in-stateroom televisions.

Now they're talking ( no pun intended ) !!!

And, for $50 you will receive a souvenir cd of the interview signed by the Cruise Director , and a complimentary photo of the ship. 

Both will sit well in your " junk " drawer at home along with the 32 photos you accumulated with various Captains over the years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Old saying " Never look a gift horse in the mouth"

Some of these benefits (Elite Happy Hour in the Lounge, Senior Officers Party, Elegant Tea, Backstage Tour, priority boarding) would have not been feasible until cruising returns with no limitations, masks, social distancing limits on size of gatherings.  

Agreed.

X and all cruise lines are subject to the requirements stipulated by the CDC to return to service.

Imo, this is only temporary.

Edited by C-Dragons

To be honest, the website offers different perks depending on the link. 

Elite + shows differences if the photos post

As I’ve now cancelled or had cruises cancelled, I’m at the wait and see.  That probably puts me into booking the last minute deals, something I was quite good at doing for about three years.  Saved enough to book a couple extra cruises.  May have lost promotions - saving me between $1,000 - $2,500 on some ten day cruises.  Happy hour, breakfast and cafe plus my 240 internet minutes were appreciated when I didn’t pay the over the top pricing when last minute packages weren’t being pushed to fill the ship.

Dark photo is on the benefit page.

7744A769-A2EA-4271-A5DF-52EF30A094BA.png

CEFD632A-9556-4E95-9917-06B7ECE77242.png

1 hour ago, 39august said:

With classic package you do get specialty coffees in Cafe Al Bacio, including some of the alcoholic ones. We've used this several times. 

And if you thought Cafe Al Bacio lines were long when most had bev pkg hate to think what they'll be like now that everyone has it.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

And if you thought Cafe Al Bacio lines were long when most had bev pkg hate to think what they'll be like now that everyone has it.

There will be nowhere to sit either, so you'll have to take your coffee elsewhere and by that time it will be cold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

Now they're talking ( no pun intended ) !!!

And, for $50 you will receive a souvenir cd of the interview signed by the Cruise Director , and a complimentary photo of the ship. 

Both will sit well in your " junk " drawer at home along with the 32 photos you accumulated with various Captains over the years.

Thank you for the much needed laugh.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, happicruzer said:

To be honest, the website offers different perks depending on the link. 

Elite + shows differences if the photos post

As I’ve now cancelled or had cruises cancelled, I’m at the wait and see.  That probably puts me into booking the last minute deals, something I was quite good at doing for about three years.  Saved enough to book a couple extra cruises.  May have lost promotions - saving me between $1,000 - $2,500 on some ten day cruises.  Happy hour, breakfast and cafe plus my 240 internet minutes were appreciated when I didn’t pay the over the top pricing when last minute packages weren’t being pushed to fill the ship.

Dark photo is on the benefit page.

7744A769-A2EA-4271-A5DF-52EF30A094BA.png

CEFD632A-9556-4E95-9917-06B7ECE77242.png

Elite breakfast was a very nice full buffet.no hot food.  Looks like that is deleted ???

8 hours ago, Pennstatedj said:

I just finished new email from X. All I can say is Wow. After reading all the great new benefits given to me as an Elite Plus with over 60 cruises, I can only say that I have only 1 more cruise left on X. I have been very loyal for the last 25 years, but this is the worst marketing move the CEO has ever made. I will be going back to being open to cruising with others after I use my credit voucher. I knew she would take this opportunity to use Covid as an excuse to reduce perks and sky lounge use. Extra parties and discounts on spa and photos and laundry pressing are not benefits. I just heard Princess Ceo yell with thanks to Lisa. Happy sailing to all when it starts. 

We gave you a "heart," Pennstatedj, and we would have given you two, if we could have done so.

We predict that the incompetent bunglers (Richard Fain and Lisa Lutoff-Perlo) will be fired before the middle of 2021.  Today's Captain's Club e-mail is the "straw that broke the camel's back."  Not only are Elites and Elite-Pluses being "shafted" big-time, but the language in the message is a complete insult to our intelligence.  How could these people be so ignorant?  They don't even have winning personalities to try to offset their blunders!

We expect big changes, going in the opposite direction, when RCG has hired new people for the top offices.  (Queen Lisa and King Ricky may be able to find jobs stocking shelves in a supermarket.)  In about six months, we'll check the list of all itineraries and fares, to see if X is trying to "rescue its sinking ship" [pun intended] by offering decent rates.  Until then, we're out o' here!  What a shame!  Twelve years down the drain!  So many sacrifices made!

• Like 1

My husband and I agreed, mostly due to age once cruising restarts, that we will be lucky to cruise in the future.

The current mostly all inclusive three perk price (no OBC) is probably close to what most folks chose to sail with in the past.  A lot of my OBC was from a next cruise booking paying tips.

The after COVID-19 pricing is the price shock. Unfortunately, the cruise lines will need a huge influx of employees, mostly needing training. The food industry will need to plant vegetables in order to meet demand and costs will be higher.  Many farmers lost crops and took a financial loss with nowhere to sell their product (includes schools and restaurants).  I don’t see them willing to plant enough food now with schools closed, restaurants closing, and the cruise industry closed at least through January 31.  It may take six weeks to grow a radish, squash takes closer to four months.  Restocking a ship for 7-10 days requires a lot of supplies.

Just an FYI, the local Walmart has no toilet paper for sale.  Many shelf items are missing.  A large number of renters will lose their apartment due to job loss and minimal, if any, government assistance.  The local food banks need help.

Our country and most of the world is hurting badly.  We are fortunate to be alive and healthy and still plan enjoy our benefits without further loss to a company that has had no income for over a year and is trying to survive.

Once someone was kind enough to point out that many of our past benefits still applied, although not showing (on one spot) on the website, I feel the cruise line is attempting to make the cruise purchase easier for the consumer and still allow the cruise line enough cash to survive another year.

Has anyone read the J.D. Robb ‘in death’ series.  The books are set in 2060 NYC after the urban wars. Makes one think, especially that her first book in the series was written, I believe, more than ten years ago. Didn’t want to have my post go poof to check the date.

3 hours ago, cangelmd said:

One, there's no way to social distance the venues (Sky Lounge or Club on Edge) without significantly impacting the numbers allowed. Secondly, we have been on a couple of cruises, not as Elites, where they simply couldn't have the evening event because there were so many Elite and up on board, it wouldn't work, so even pre-Covid, the evening event wasn't a done deal. Finally, as someone else pointed out, there is wording in there that makes it sound like this may be temporary because of Covid, so those who want to stay with Celeb and see this continue should provide feedback for the future, cause I would rather cruise than worry about the snacks!

So Celebrity will just shove all of us top three tier CC level members in the already over crowded other bars/lounges for the CC HH. Now there's social distancing. 🙄 Your non elite elite observations/experiences  are not the same as our experiences in the Sky Lounge for the CC HH. The CC has always had the CC HH on all of our cruises. Plenty of places to sit. We are always there by 5:00 and gone by 5:45. We've had some cruises where the entire Sky Lounge was open to us and some cruises where only half the Sky Lounge was open to us. All based on the number of top three tier level members for that specific cruise. For us this loss has nothing to do with snacks or the drinks. We always get the CBP as one of our bundled perks. Just hate to see any CC perks/benefits eroded away that we have paid for over the years cruising with Celebrity. "If" it's only temporary we hope it's over by September 2021! 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Elite breakfast was a very nice full buffet.no hot food.  Looks like that is deleted ???

I believe the FAQ said the elite breakfast would be table orders. I'm thinking the plated cold cuts, fruits and cheese platters that have been substituted for the cold buffet on some ships. 

It would be nice if this would be upgraded to real breakfast service, even if with a limited menu. That would be a perk that would make me very happy. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

So Celebrity will just shove all of us top three tier CC level members in the already over crowded other bars/lounges for the CC HH. Now there's social distancing. 🙄 Your non elite elite observations/experiences  are not the same as our experiences in the Sky Lounge for the CC HH. The CC has always had the CC HH on all of our cruises. Plenty of places to sit. We are always there by 5:00 and gone by 5:45. We've had some cruises where the entire Sky Lounge was open to us and some cruises where only half the Sky Lounge was open to us. All based on the number of top three tier level members for that specific cruise. For us this loss has nothing to do with snacks or the drinks. We always get the CBP as one of our bundled perks. Just hate to see any CC perks/benefits eroded away that we have paid for over the years cruising with Celebrity. "If" it's only temporary we hope it's over by September 2021! 

On our last couple of cruises we didn't have any difficulty finding a seat in the Sky Lounge to watch the water as we enjoyed our pre-dinner drinks. Plus seating was spread out in that room, so I would think it would be easier to maintain social distancing in that location. Even though outdoors, it will be hard to stay 6ft apart in the outdoor lounges. There's just not enough room or seating in either of the proposed locations. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, verizon said:

Did I read wrong ?

Zenith with 6000 points and above get one complimentary dinner at special restaurant ?

Thats a welcome news.

Yes you did read wrongly.

Only the top cruiser gets that prize. Any other Zeniths do not get that.

5 hours ago, FeelingCruisy said:

We are elite plus and am confused about the internet privilege.  We normally just use the free internet that they provide.  We travel as a couple.   Can someone help explain what this means

Always Included Internet

With Always Included, every cruise booking will now include a Surf Wifi package per person, up to two devices per stateroom. We’ve adjusted the previous Captain’s Club internet discount of 10% – 35% to reflect these changes and provide exclusive value. Now, if you sail with Always Included, you can apply this discount to upgrade from the Surf to Stream package and for additional devices beyond the first two. The complimentary minutes for Elite and Elite Plus members will still be available to guests beyond the first two who do not have internet included.   If you do not sail with Always Included, you can apply the 10% – 35% discount to any internet package and the complimentary minutes for Elite and Elite Plus members will still apply.  Zenith members will continue to enjoy a complimentary Stream internet package for one device in both scenarios. And if you book pre-cruise, your discount is combinable with the additional 10% pre-cruise advantage.

What does it mean beyond the first 2?  Does that mean if you travel as a family example 3 person then, only the 3rd person gets this complimentary internet.  Also, the list of perks that says elite plus includes 250 mins per sailing is also missing from the elite plus list.   

Yes, "always included" is not "always included" if there are more than two in a cabin.

It's saying if the 3+ occupants have Elite status they still get the internet benefit from that status as their fare doesn't include it.

5 hours ago, registrar said:

You DON’T have to do all inclusive!!

Sure, if you don't book.

If you want to make a booking to sail with Celebrity, you mostly have to choose Always included, with exceptions only possible sometimes, and often not possible at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Big_M said:

Yes, "always included" is not "always included" if there are more than two in a cabin.

It's saying if the 3+ occupants have Elite status they still get the internet benefit from that status as their fare doesn't include it.

Sorry, does that mean if we are just 2 in our party, we still get the free internet minutes?

12 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

On our last couple of cruises we didn't have any difficulty finding a seat in the Sky Lounge to watch the water as we enjoyed our pre-dinner drinks. Plus seating was spread out in that room, so I would think it would be easier to maintain social distancing in that location. Even though outdoors, it will be hard to stay 6ft apart in the outdoor lounges. There's just not enough room or seating in either of the proposed locations. 

Agree. 

3 hours ago, schuddle said:

Cross posting for folks who don’t see what has changed.....

Summary of changes:

Downgrades:

• Removed Priority embarkation
  • Removed Access to the Retreat for Zenith
  • Removed Senior Officers Party
  • Removed the Backstage Tour
  • Removed Elegant Tea
  • Removed the nightly cocktail party - remaining benefit worthless under Always Included
  • Negated value of the daily coffee lounge
  • Negated value of the specialty coffee in specialty restaurant
  • Negated value of the free specialty coffee package for elite plus
  • Negated value of the free internet minutes and discounts
  • Removed free fitness class for Elite Plus

Upgrades:

• Improved the spa discount - now multi use
  • Increased discounts on photo packages
  • Increased the discount on premium wines
  • Added "Sneak Peek of Wonder" (only on the Apex)
  • Added the "Create and Pour" event (only on Edge class)
  • Added discounted $35 dry clean and press package

Clearly more losses than gains.

• Like 1