Aqua Class less than Veranda and Concierge Class

wesport

I recently booked an aqua class cabin on the Equinox because the fare was less than the veranda and the concierge class. This was for an 8 day sailing.  The a2 had a few cabins available, and the a1 had around 60 percent still available.  Other identical sailings had alot more a2 available, and were around $700 more for the aqua class. I know it is supply and demand, but identical sailings has less cabins available. Thoughts.

On 11/19/2020 at 9:38 AM, dani negreanu said:

Supply and demand.

I originally book veranda, follow the prices daily, and as the times passes, I find concierge and aqua for less than veranda. I upgrade for free to concierge, usually C2, since I don't like the locations of aqua and Blu has no appeal for us.

I do the same thing, once got AQ for $50 pp for the cruise above an inside.  Just Supply and Demand as dani said. 

Just now, dkjretired said:

I do the same thing, once got AQ for $50 pp for the cruise above an inside.  Just Supply and Demand as dani said. 

We however will grab an AQ in a second because we enjoy Blu.

Hate doing a separate post but posted this about two minutes after my above post.  For some reason lately my edit button does not appear, anyone else having that problem. 

A cruise that we have booked now offers a Royal Suite at $1000 less pp than a Celebrity Suite.   Still to much for our purse.

problem is many are programmed into thinking a that the lower categories  are cheaper and don’t look or research to see what the best value is 

EG a few years ago a veranda would be $xxx.   For $10 more pp you could get CC with paid gratuities on a 7 day cruise.  No brainer but then some people would blindly book a veranda as it had to be cheaper 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Just now, miched said:

A cruise that we have booked now offers a Royal Suite at $1000 less pp than a Celebrity Suite.   Still to much for our purse.

problem is many are programmed into thinking a that the lower categories  are cheaper and don’t look or research to see what the best value is 

EG a few years ago a veranda would be $xxx.   For $10 more pp you could get CC with paid gratuities on a 7 day cruise.  No brainer but then some people would blindly book a veranda as it had to be cheaper 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

quite a few assumptions about a "lot" of people here...

We have Aqua booked for Nov 21 Equinox  B2B --we are going to cancel the first cruise. I keep checking for the 2nd and got an upgrade to Sky suite when the price " dipped". Paid $2000 less than the prices shown, may have been a computer blip and as its 9 nights in November it may not go ahead .

On 11/19/2020 at 9:38 AM, dani negreanu said:

Supply and demand.

I originally book veranda, follow the prices daily, and as the times passes, I find concierge and aqua for less than veranda. I upgrade for free to concierge, usually C2, since I don't like the locations of aqua and Blu has no appeal for us.

I agree with you- not a fan of Blu and AQ cabins do not have the best location.  If you must do AQ we found the best locations under the beginning of the hair salon-  

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Haha 1

On 11/19/2020 at 10:20 AM, paulh84 said:

Is this for the summer 2021 sailings? It won't matter since that cruise at 8 nights is not permitted under the CDC guidelines. 

This is only true for cruises that either depart, visit or return to US ports. The CDC has no authority outside of these parameters. We have a 10 and 12 night cruise booked for next year in Europe.

Edited by terrydtx

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

This is only true for cruises that either depart, visit or return to US ports. The CDC has no authority outside of these parameters. We have a 10 and 12 night cruise booked for next year in Europe.

That is correct. However to the subject of the thread, the only 8 night cruises on Equinox are scheduled for the summer of 2021 out of Fort Lauderdale. Prices are negligible at this point since there is virtually zero likelihood that cruise sails 8 for nights. 

19 hours ago, LGW59 said:

quite a few assumptions about a "lot" of people here...

Don’t understand your comment

My post doesn’t specify or refer to anyone on this forum or make assumptions about them.  People will call a TA and blindly ask for a cruise in some class or maybe book it on line without doing any research.  

If they had a great TA the TA would steer them towards a better deal but if the customer wants a certain class that is what they book them. 

Some people, just don’t understand value or saving money.  I worked in a supermarket when in HS.   We had a very large end display with cams of peaches that we stacked brick style.   They were $.20. Ea.    They didn’t sell very good as I stocked the shelves and hardly had to rebuilt the display.  I went into work and they gave me a price change to make them 4 for $.99 

I said this is idiotic as they aren’t selling at $.20.   

I had to take the display down, use finger nail polish remover to erase the price stamped on it and restamp it and built up the display.   I loaded all the cans in shopping carts to do the process.   It was amazing how many people asked me for 4 cans that were changed to 4 for $.99 because they wanted to “save” a penny.  I would tell them to take those that are still marked $.20 and they would argue with me.  They wanted the price change  of  4 for $.99.    They were  programmed.   

The  days that I worked I would then have to restock that display and used up our stock in the back and had to order more as the people’s liked the bargain of 4 for $. 99 instead of $.20 ea. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Did you hit the three buttons in the upper right corner?  If so, what appears?

Yes, I'm only getting the report and share and this was about two minutes after I posted.   Not a biggie, I'll just wait a few days and check. 

Well if passengers can only sail 7-day maximum, how come the crew can stay on board for months?  Many get a day off and enter ports making them vulnerable to potential covid?  Will they be tested weekly? Sometimes covid takes 14 days before symptoms appear and the person might be contagious.

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Well if passengers can only sail 7-day maximum, how come the crew can stay on board for months?  Many get a day off and enter ports making them vulnerable to potential covid?  Will they be tested weekly? Sometimes covid takes 14 days before symptoms appear and the person might be contagious.

1. It´s about doing what´s possible. Changing crew with every cruise is not possible.
2. Crew are not allowed to get off the ship in ports on cruise lines already sailing under the guidelines in Europe
3. Crew are tested regularly (PCR test) plus temperature checked twice a day.

On 11/22/2020 at 2:12 PM, miched said:

Some people, just don’t understand value or saving money.  I worked in a supermarket when in HS.   We had a very large end display with cams of peaches that we stacked brick style.   They were $.20. Ea.    They didn’t sell very good as I stocked the shelves and hardly had to rebuilt the display.  I went into work and they gave me a price change to make them 4 for $.99 

I said this is idiotic as they aren’t selling at $.20.   

I had to take the display down, use finger nail polish remover to erase the price stamped on it and restamp it and built up the display.   I loaded all the cans in shopping carts to do the process.   It was amazing how many people asked me for 4 cans that were changed to 4 for $.99 because they wanted to “save” a penny.  I would tell them to take those that are still marked $.20 and they would argue with me.  They wanted the price change  of  4 for $.99.    They were  programmed.   

The  days that I worked I would then have to restock that display and used up our stock in the back and had to order more as the people’s liked the bargain of 4 for $. 99 instead of $.20 ea. 

This made me smile. My dad tells an almost identical story about his time working a Hughes supermarket in Pacific Palisades about 60 years ago. It was soup, not peaches, for him. 

My nephew used to own a restaurant. He would occasionally put a coupon in the local paper for a meal for a specific price - think burger basket for $5.99. People would clip that coupon and pack the restaurant. Funny thing was, the everyday menu price was the same as the coupon. 

• Haha 1