New vaccine

hollyjess

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

They certainly are, I'm keeping my head down and my thoughts firmly in place⛑️

Avril

I think I join you , when you have to read your own posts back to see if you have 

put something that could cause upset .. see you all later .:classic_mellow:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

I think I join you , when you have to read your own posts back to see if you have 

put something that could cause upset .. see you all later .:classic_mellow:

Chat to me kalos, I'm not easily offended. Not only am I built like a baby heffalump, I've got the hide of one too🐘😁

with love from

Dumbo

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Good to hear that your daughter has had her jab. If her immune system is compromised she could well be in Group 4, which is the same group as those aged 70-74.

DW is 65 on Monday and will move from group 7 to 5. She went on to the booking site via the app this morning and was able to book both appointments. If anyone is in group 5 worth a try. Hello magazines phone is busy, so they missed out🤣

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, zap99 said:

You won't have to grapple with my views as I haven't got a clue what a Ruth Langsdown is. Is he that bloke from hi Di hi, or a masked singer🤣

It’s the rugby ground in Dublin

Blimmin’ good hot whiskey they serve too - most welcome on a freezing February 5 Nations (showing my age there - 6 Nations now)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

Being able to make our own decisions rather than waiting for brussels has it's advantages.

Nothing to do with being in or out of the EU. Every country was able to make their own decision if they wanted to, as did Hungary.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Wasn't Eamon Andrews that bloke who did the show that Mary Hopkirk sang puppet on a string?

You mean the show on which Ruth was the puppet. Or maybe ‘Holmes under the hammer’. I enjoyed that one. Pity it was so short lived. 🥴

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Was that the one with Derek Randall in it,  with  Brian Johnson doing the voice over, before he joined AC/DC

I thought Brian Johnson commentated on the test card. Maybe Ruth was the little girl in the middle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

That’s bordering on a political post, which we try to avoid, and will be deleted. 

It’s also, as Wowzz has pointed out, wholly incorrect.  The UK would have had exactly the same powers to carry out the vaccination policy it has pursued whether or not a member of the EU.

• Like 3

It would clarify things for everybody if these so called celebrities just said something like ‘I’ve had the jab because I have underlying conditions’ to avoid any misunderstanding. No need to provide any more details. We also mentioned Hugh Bonneville a few days ago in addition to Ruth Langford. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nosapphire said:

I saw this morning (I'll try and find it again) that the UK is top of the list for the first jab - and bottom for full vaccination of 2 jabs.

How you regard that as a result depends on whether you feel that half-a-jab is better than none, or whether there should have been a slower rollout in order to give 2 jabs.

I'm in the half-a-jab is better camp, but it really, really annoys me when so much of the media (and the Gov themselves at time) keep going on about it as if the full dose has been given, not just the 1st (which I am still waiting for - 65 plus group, no letter, no contact).

The UK delayed second jab policy is unavoidable because our Covid situation is so bad, threatening to completely knock out the NHS.

Given that, it’s a necessary, but desperate, measure. It will save the NHS from complete collapse, which is obviously good. The downside, though, is that because we’re not vaccinating in the way that the manufacturers, Pfizer in particular, have approved, there will be a potentially significant number of people who aren’t protected and will contract Covid. How badly remains to be seen, but at least there’ll still be an NHS waiting for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

I was never happy with the plan to detract from the protocol to give the vaccine at 13 weeks instead of 3. However with evidence over the last few weeks I think the right decision was made, deaths in over 80s has fallen twice as fast as deaths in over 60s since mid Jan, this is a clear indication that the people vaccinated in Dec/early Jan have benefitted from the vaccine and more lives have been saved overall. 

Can someone remind me of approx when we will be seeing the hospitals/deaths reducing because of the vaccine rollout, given that the current lockdown must be having a considerable effect as well.

I think JVT gave some sort of timeline but can't remember what he said.

It would be great to know the vaccine is doing its job.

1 minute ago, majortom10 said:

My GP's announced on their Facebook page on Saturday that in the coming days they will be contacting people by text those that are in Group 6 to make an appointment but that there over 2000 patients in that group on their list.

I wonder how many of those have decided not to have the vaccine.