New vaccine

hollyjess

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I just did a check.

Aged 64 with a health issue of Heart Attack December 2019.

It said I have not qualified yet.

Purely a guess Graham, but could it be that it's because you've already had covid? Haven't a clue how it works, but maybe you only need the second jab as you've not long recovered from a bad illness with it, and you said you still didn't feel a100%  Before we had our jabs we were asked if we'd had covid.

Avril

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I wouldn't worry about the letter. OH got his letter this morning, he was called by the doctor's surgery Tuesday or Wednesday last week to book his appointment and had his vaccination on Saturday.

I waited till I got my letter. In hindsight I should have tried a bit earlier, but hey ho. It's a bit strange as, apart from the number getting jabbed, not much has really changed over the last week, but there seems to be a greater sense of optimism around, but we did finally cancel our Alaska/Rockies holiday today, but only as Celebrity said I could have the deposit back. We didn't want any more FCC,'s.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Purely a guess Graham, but could it be that it's because you've already had covid? Haven't a clue how it works, but maybe you only need the second jab as you've not long recovered from a bad illness with it, and you said you still didn't feel a100%  Before we had our jabs we were asked if we'd had covid.

Avril

Thanks Avril.

When I had my eye op 12 days ago they said I didn't need a covid19 test for 3 month's after my positive test on November 13th.

That 3 month's is up now so I will just wait and see.

Graham.

36 minutes ago, zap99 said:

DW was in the 60-64 group 7 on Sunday moving into 65+ group 5 as her birthday was today. Just for fun, we tried booking through the app yesterday and expected a not eligible message. Surprise, surprise, she was able to book both doses. No letter yet.

I have just come back from a walk (socially distanced of course!)with a friend who is 65 today and received a letter to book her covid jab.Best birthday present she said. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Hi Avril.  Just to let you know that we ask about Covid because you can't have the vaccine if you have had Covid within the preceeding 4 weeks of the date of your vaccine.  The reason for asking about Anaphylaxis is to ensure the would-be patient doesn't have an allergy to any component of the vaccine they are about to be given.  It all gets a bit complicated with allergies but most people who have suffered anaphylactic shock know exactly what their allergies are.  Also, the vaccine hubs are all stocked with the antidote should anyone go into anaphylactic shock unexpectedly.  Hasn't happened to any hubs I know yet.  Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When I queried the stent for flying the practice nurse a year ago said it comes under the category Chronic Heart Disease?

Graham, the clinically extremely vulnerable and high risk groups still seem to be evolving - only a few days ago many asthmatics were removed from the at risk group 6 and now have to wait their turn by age grouping alone, and my daughter's immunosuppressant treatment was transferred from the clinically extremely vulnerable group to group 6 a while ago, though some having the same treatment have already been given the vaccination.

Go figure, as the Americans say, and I hope you get the vaccine asap.

27 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I waited till I got my letter. In hindsight I should have tried a bit earlier, but hey ho. It's a bit strange as, apart from the number getting jabbed, not much has really changed over the last week, but there seems to be a greater sense of optimism around, but we did finally cancel our Alaska/Rockies holiday today, but only as Celebrity said I could have the deposit back. We didn't want any more FCC,'s.

David would have waited for his letter of the surgery if had not called him.  He said that it didn't matter how long he waited because he knew that it would come sooner or later and we aren't in any hurry to go out other than for the daily walk.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hi Avril.  Just to let you know that we ask about Covid because you can't have the vaccine if you have had Covid within the preceeding 4 weeks of the date of your vaccine.  The reason for asking about Anaphylaxis is to ensure the would-be patient doesn't have an allergy to any component of the vaccine they are about to be given.  It all gets a bit complicated with allergies but most people who have suffered anaphylactic shock know exactly what their allergies are.  Also, the vaccine hubs are all stocked with the antidote should anyone go into anaphylactic shock unexpectedly.  Hasn't happened to any hubs I know yet.  Best wishes. Jane.x

I think I read recently that there have been 60 cases of anaphylaxis - out of 15 million+ now jabbed that doesn’t seem too bad

6 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I think that half the problem is that people are not precise enough with their words and, as a result, they can be interpreted in different ways, which causes confusion. Both Matt Hancock and Stephen Powis said this morning that the vaccination programme had now moved to 65-70 and those with underlying health conditions and their Carers. What I think they probably meant to say is that the programme has moved to 65-70 and will be followed by those with underlying health conditions and their Carers. Both mean very different things. The only reason that I am now deducing this is because the booking website mentions that you can book if you are 65 or over, but does not mention those with underlying health conditions (just the extremely clinically vulnerable group, which is different). As a result of this sloppy phrasing, a lot of people will be wasting time trying to make bookings and, more importantly, wasting the time of GP surgeries and booking services.

I took it to mean that groups 5 and 6 were being called forward together, and I believe group 6 is those with underlying health issues that were not covered in groups 1 to 4.

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I took it to mean that groups 5 and 6 were being called forward together, and I believe group 6 is those with underlying health issues that were not covered in groups 1 to 4.

Correct John. That’s how we all understood it. Problem is that group 5 can book but group 6 can’t - yet some places seem to have skipped group 6 and gone on to group 7! My wife and I (both group 6) have tried several times today to book online but we keep getting the message that we aren’t yet eligible. Left hand, right hand!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Yep. Just heard the same. Shame that doesn’t appear to be the case!

Simon Stevens has just explained that they hope that GPs will be able to concentrate on group 6 because of their relationship with this vulnerable group. So they are trying to get group 5 to attend the major hubs rather than wait for a GP vaccination.

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Simon Stevens has just explained that they hope that GPs will be able to concentrate on group 6 because of their relationship with this vulnerable group. So they are trying to get group 5 to attend the major hubs rather than wait for a GP vaccination.

Group 6 is very large, that’s a big task for the GPs.

Which then makes me wonder if the vaccination centres will move on to group 7 sooner rather than later. 

(disclaimer, I’m group 7)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That’s a sensible approach. Shame they didn’t spell that out yesterday as it would have saved a lot of time. Thankfully we have a very good GP surgery, so hopefully we will hear soon, although their website is rubbish and the latest update is a fortnight old and talks about focussing on the over 70’s by 15th Feb. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Which then makes me wonder if the vaccination centres will move on to group 7 sooner rather than later. 

For your benefit DG I hope group 7 gets to the top of the list ASAP.

• Like 1

Just now, Dermotsgirl said:

That makes sense,  but if it's so,  then they better start telling people what to expect now , or it will slow down the system. Logically the hubs will vaccinate groups 5 , 7 and 8 in parallel with GPs doing group 6. But until they tell everyone confusion will slow things down 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

That’s a sensible approach. Shame they didn’t spell that out yesterday as it would have saved a lot of time. Thankfully we have a very good GP surgery, so hopefully we will hear soon, although their website is rubbish and the latest update is a fortnight old and talks about focussing on the over 70’s by 15th Feb. 

Selbourne, from the beginning of the vaccine roll out local GP  surgeries have been at least 1 day behind the  NHS letters, and some have been several days or a week or so later.

18 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Keeping my fingers crossed as I’m Group 7 too......

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I have complete trust in our doctor and any question he asks is fine by me. I simply answered truthfully and happily stuck my arm out.😁

Avril

• Like 2