More suspensions coming?

9 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

Not that this is "news", it is just officially announced. More delays are coming and expect cancelations through May. I just wish they would get on with it sooner than later. I just found that I cannot get a refund on flights for my March cruise. So, I have to take a credit that I have no clue if I can use this year.

Where did that come from?

49 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We have Celebrity EDGE April 18 '21 TA from Ft Lauderdale. No L&S options show as available to me or my TA. He's waiting to hear back from Celebrity as to why there aren't any L&S options. 

That is my sail date from Ft. Lauderdale on Oasis. I higjly doubt that I'll be there even if the ship is.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric told me the other day that if his birthday cruise for mar 28th is cancelled that will be another year he skips his birthday and will remain same age.  

His birthday sailing for mar 27th was cancelled last year so he declared same age then.  It's one way of staying young!

I am not adding this year 2020 to my age I didn't use it,funny design for  2020 N4" Poster by DonAdil2 | Redbubble

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

Not that this is "news", it is just officially announced. More delays are coming and expect cancelations through May. I just wish they would get on with it sooner than later. I just found that I cannot get a refund on flights for my March cruise. So, I have to take a credit that I have no clue if I can use this year.

Same here, got a credit from United for a cancelled cruise in April.  Wanted to use it for cruise in January '21, but things started get bleaker so I passed on it. Was thinking of using it for Vegas in the summer, but don't know what kind of situation is there, plus concern  

of flying.  Instead,  I booked a Sept. 5 Oasis out of Bayonne.

Don't know if United will extend the date of usage.  I'll have to explore options.

27 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Our final payment was due 4 December for our March 2021 B2B Caribbean cruise. I asked my Magic 8 Ball are the cruises going to be cancelled and should I do a L&S. Answers were yes so I did a L&S to March 2022. 

I talked to your Magic 8 ball's friend...and she said by next week...you will see next round of cancellations.   She also thinks cruises through to 1st of April will be cancelled.   Kind of an "April fools joke" I guess.  😉  She is still working on the rest of it....  

image.jpeg.01f91b5c6dfcd4c3dd1d5f4ecc5235d9.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

I talked to your Magic 8 ball's friend...and she said by next week...you will see next round of cancellations.   She also thinks cruises through to 1st of April will be cancelled.   Kind of an "April fools joke" I guess.  😉  She is still working on the rest of it....  

No doubt. I wonder if anyone has asked a Ouija Board for guidance? 🤔

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No doubt. I wonder if anyone has asked a Ouija Board for guidance? 🤔

Oh yeah...good match up!  Your Magic 8 ball, my Genie, and the Ouija Board.   Consulting all three, you just know we will have the answer for sure!!  🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Our problem is that the next cruise we have booked is in May, and currently the L&S options end in April 2022, so unless we decide to do a B2B2B in April 2022 (we already did an L&S on our March 2021 as the B2B front end to an April 2022 that we already had booked).

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Our problem is that the next cruise we have booked is in May, and currently the L&S options end in April 2022, so unless we decide to do a B2B2B in April 2022 (we already did an L&S on our March 2021 as the B2B front end to an April 2022 that we already had booked).

I got the exact same problem, I'd have to be gone for 3 weeks, from a iffy neighborhood.  2 weeks is pushing my luck. No idea what to do with my april 25th great hump balcony.

Just hoping maybe they push out the lift and shifts allowed to may 2022. 

Sorry folks, things are going to have to work themselves out. No help coming. The magic 8-ball is not working and right now we're all behind it. The Ouija board spirits are all quarantined, as they are high risk. The only Genie working is a garage door opener. So, get creative and see what you can do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Sorry folks, things are going to have to work themselves out. No help coming. The magic 8-ball is not working and right now we're all behind it. The Ouija board spirits are all quarantined, as they are high risk. The only Genie working is a garage door opener. So, get creative and see what you can do.

Oh No!     The fortune teller is closed too!    Maybe some crystals......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Sounds like another WAG. WAGs are just that.   🤣

Hey, speak for yourself. I am very creative. That's why I always ask and rely on my long time, very trustworthy and well used Magic 8 Ball. I'll be the first to admit I'm behind the 8 ball.  I'm totally behind My Magic 8 Ball.   😁🎱

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Sounds like another WAG. WAGs are just that.   🤣

Hey, speak for yourself. I am very creative. That's why I always ask and rely on my long time, very trustworthy and well used Magic 8 Ball. I'll be the first to admit I'm behind the 8 ball.  I'm totally behind My Magic 8 Ball.   😁🎱

Wag...wag...wag goes the tail of the dog.  Dog does not know either.  🤪🐕‍🦺

My Genie is working as a fortune teller as her alternate job right now, after she lost her job with RCI as a Star Class Genie.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

NCL just suspended their remaining sailings through the end of March.   Wondering how long it will take Royal to follow....probably another 2 weeks until final payment has passed on the short cruises. 

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh yes, I will have to get them out of my "special box". 

I believe Ken is getting way more help than what he was expecting. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have a 9 night on the Explorer booked for April 4th, that we know must be cancelled or changed due to the CDC ban of cruises longer then 7 nights. Final payment is coming fast, any chance they cancel it before, so we can avoid another FFC of the deposit amount, if not, this will be our 3rd? 

4 hours ago, MiniChunks said:

I hope they cancel through the end of April. Probably not realistic, but I've got a 7 nighter on Freedom in a suite on 4/11, and I'd just like to get my deposit back without loaning them another $5k for 2 months. Final payment due 1/11/21

We had a suite on Liberty on 2/28 still waiting for email but will take the 125 percent and already booked a suite on allure for November, also have a suite on Celebrity Edge also on 4/11 most likely will just cancel that since they had no penalty to cancel suite, do not see that sailing. 

10 minutes ago, George C said:

We had a suite on Liberty on 2/28 still waiting for email but will take the 125 percent and already booked a suite on allure for November, also have a suite on Celebrity Edge also on 4/11 most likely will just cancel that since they had no penalty to cancel suite, do not see that sailing. 

Did you call RCL to request the 125% FCC?   I think you have to 12.31 to make your selection.

11 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

We have a 9 night on the Explorer booked for April 4th, that we know must be cancelled or changed due to the CDC ban of cruises longer then 7 nights. Final payment is coming fast, any chance they cancel it before, so we can avoid another FFC of the deposit amount, if not, this will be our 3rd? 

IF RCL sticks with the same pattern they have been doing since last March, the sailing will get cancelled after final payment.     But it is the holiday season so maybe they will be nice 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you call RCL to request the 125% FCC?   I think you have to 12.31 to make your selection.

Yes I was told I would get a email with info, I went ahead and booked November cruise which was more costly but 8 days on a nicer ship. I had paid in full. 

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

NCL just suspended their remaining sailings through the end of March.   Wondering how long it will take Royal to follow....probably another 2 weeks until final payment has passed on the short cruises. 

Not to sound like a donkey's rear end but does it really matter?  

8 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Not to sound like a donkey's rear end but does it really matter?  

Many on here like to keep up to date on what is happening with the other cruise lines and "not to sound like a donkey's rear end" but why bother posting if you don't care?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2