Airfare with Celebrity

daydreamer16

We have a cruise booked for March 2022 on the Eclipse leaving from New Zealand.  Booked airfare with Princess in the past but never with Celebrity. We have gotten some great deals with Princess.  Should I expect the same with Celebrity? Would love to get the pros & cons with Celebrity?  Thanks!

I think Princess is better.  We got a bus. class airfare to Singapore for peanuts.  I was so excited.  Unfortunately Princess cancelled the cruise!  I haven' found Celebrity any better than some of the airfare sites for price.  The thing I do like, though, is that you don't have to pay till final payment date and at the moment that is attractive as none of us can be sure our cruises are going to materialize in 2021.  I would say, give them a try. 

I have business class booked with Flights By Celebrity for an upcoming July 30, 2021 cruise from Amsterdam. DL flights using KLM. Hoping this cruise sails because in addition to a great priced cruise my air price is amazing too LAX-AMS round trip.

This will be my first time booking with cruiseline air.

We booked our air to Alaska with celebrity and got a good price for business class. Much better than booking on our own. I wanted to use miles but cruising is so iffy I was more comfortable booking thru celebrity. We don't pay until final payment and if the cruise is cancelled we are not out anything. You can do a price comparison before committing. Our 1st time booking cruise air.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I have business class booked with Flights By Celebrity for an upcoming July 30, 2021 cruise from Amsterdam. DL flights using KLM. Hoping this cruise sails because in addition to a great priced cruise my air price is amazing too LAX-AMS round trip.

This will be my first time booking with cruiseline air.

Were you able to pick your seats with Delta? I love the idea of booking through the cruise line but I hate the thought of not being able to select my seat.  I've read that some people have been able to do so while others were not, so I am guessing it might relate to each airline. I am looking at Delta flights for late 2021. TIA

I have a Celebrity cruise booked for August 2021 (although don't think it will happen as it is for two weeks transatlantic). We booked our long haul flight through Celebrity, they booked us on a United flight and we were given our seat allocation at the time of making the reservation (which I did over the phone). 

mchell810,

In the past we, Delta regulars, have been able to pick our seats once we have the air through the cruise air program.

We can also monitor for time and equipment changes which could affect our booking on Delta online or via the app. During normal times Delta adjusts schedules over the weekends so periodically I would check reservations on Sunday night or Monday.

Once air travel expands more flights to more destinations will begin to show up but booking via Celebrity is a good option if you can find flights.

3 hours ago, mchell810 said:

Were you able to pick your seats with Delta? I love the idea of booking through the cruise line but I hate the thought of not being able to select my seat.  I've read that some people have been able to do so while others were not, so I am guessing it might relate to each airline. I am looking at Delta flights for late 2021. TIA

Yes...Before calling Flights By Celebrity I had checked the DL (KLM) on the DL website and knew exactly the pricing (booking direct), flight time options and seats. Then when I called to book the flights with Celebrity I knew exactly what I wanted and they were able to book it and give me the booking number so I could check or make changes to the seating myself and keep looking a price reduction.

Several weeks after booking I noticed the price point on the DL website had changed and called Celebrity (via the direct number for flights) and they easily cancelled my existing reservation and rebooked at the lower price. I can do this up until my final payment is due if and when pricing changes.

So far I'm very impressed with booking with the cruiseline and I understand that if my cruise is cancelled by Celebrity the airfare portion will be directly credited back to the credit card used to make my final payment which is due the first of May 2021. Fingers crossed my cruise sails.

I’ve had good luck with Celebrity Air.  I’ve also been able to prebook my seats (Air Canada and KLM). One tip for Celebrity Air is to research routes and prices prior to calling as the Celebrity Air website and reps use some default routes which aren’t always the best.  Once you have a preferred routing and rough idea of the price see what Celebrity can do.

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

Yes...Before calling Flights By Celebrity I had checked the DL (KLM) on the DL website and knew exactly the pricing (booking direct), flight time options and seats. Then when I called to book the flights with Celebrity I knew exactly what I wanted and they were able to book it and give me the booking number so I could check or make changes to the seating myself and keep looking a price reduction.

Several weeks after booking I noticed the price point on the DL website had changed and called Celebrity (via the direct number for flights) and they easily cancelled my existing reservation and rebooked at the lower price. I can do this up until my final payment is due if and when pricing changes.

So far I'm very impressed with booking with the cruiseline and I understand that if my cruise is cancelled by Celebrity the airfare portion will be directly credited back to the credit card used to make my final payment which is due the first of May 2021. Fingers crossed my cruise sails.

Yes, I know exactly which flights I want.  The Celebrity prices are just about the same; the ability to book the flight and delay payment is very attractive.  Thanks for your info; it's good to know about experiences with specific airlines and ChoiceAir.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mchell810 said:

Your ability to pick seats is based upon which class of ticket you book.  If you opt for one of the Basic Economy fares, your seat is typically assigned at the gate.  However, if you book a more expensive fare like Standard Economy, you are able to pick your seat when booking.  So when booking, make sure you are comparing the same class of travel.

Choice Air can't accept your credit received from your airline when your flight is cancelled.  Just tried today and told that because they can't view my credit in their system, it's not possible to apply it.  JFYI.  So I booked directly with the airline with the option to cancel/change one time.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!  It has to be MUCH better than last year...and praying for the vaccine to find me in good time.

Edited by Oceangoer2

6 hours ago, mchell810 said:

Yes, I know exactly which flights I want.  The Celebrity prices are just about the same; the ability to book the flight and delay payment is very attractive.  Thanks for your info; it's good to know about experiences with specific airlines and ChoiceAir.

My Celebrity flights were actually $15.00 more pp than booking directly with DL (KLM) but the delayed payment and being able to reprice made that a moot point.

Best of luck !!

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 8:02 PM, daydreamer16 said:

We have a cruise booked for March 2022 on the Eclipse leaving from New Zealand.  Booked airfare with Princess in the past but never with Celebrity. We have gotten some great deals with Princess.  Should I expect the same with Celebrity? Would love to get the pros & cons with Celebrity?  Thanks!

Used Celebrity’s ChoiceAir for some B2Bs last February and March. On our mid March cruise, the pandemic caused ships to be recalled to port early. Although overwhelmed with rebooking requests, ChoiceAir came through, via e-mail, with flying colours (excuse the play on words) in rebooking us without any additional charges or the need to stay overnight in Miami. 

‘Two thumbs up’ ChoiceAir...

• Like 2

On 12/30/2020 at 8:02 PM, daydreamer16 said:

My husband and I did a New Zealand cruise last year.  After learning how expensive it was to fly to New Zealand, I began a quest to find the best deal.  The best deal was booking our business class seats on Air New Zealand with Celebrity's Choice Air.  Air New Zealand's business class was wonderful!

• Like 1

Emmas gran just reminded me how I booked our business class flight from the United States to New Zealand.  I found that the best deal was to book one way business class flights instead of round trip flight from the US to NZ, AND Celebrity Choice Air had the best deal.  That was the first time that I even looked at one way flights because I was working hard to find the best price.

I usually book my own, but have just booked my first flights online using Celebrity's air. I'm happy with the process and was able to enter the locator number (from my confirmation) into the United website to view my reservation and even select seats. My question is about accruing miles for the flights, as I'm trying to maintain my status with United. Will I receive the miles for these flights? And does anyone know if the flights will count toward my "Premier status?" I know, this is a long shot, very United-specific question! Thank you in advance.    

Patti

Miles accrue as if you booked.  Remember international flights can usually only be booked 11 months ahead for US carriers.

Celebrity and Princess are booking using group fares.  They might have a great deal.  Might not.  Definately figure out a flight you would like first using an app.  2nd - use the airline app.  3rd - call the cruiseline air department.

• Like 1