When will Celebrity cancel cruises beyond February 2021?

erlyvon

51 minutes ago, sandancer said:

As soon as everyone has made final payment. 

Are you suggesting that a cruise scheduled to depart on March 1 does not already require a final payment?

I would guess that some of the cruises cancelled in the next round of cancellations will be before the final payments are due.  But we will see if you are correct.  

22 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Are you suggesting that a cruise scheduled to depart on March 1 does not already require a final payment?

I would guess that some of the cruises cancelled in the next round of cancellations will be before the final payments are due.  But we will see if you are correct.  

My guess is  everyone sailing 1-31 March will have made final payment, and they will come out and cancel.  I'm sure the 90 day threshold was met over the holidays, and they will come out soon to cancel all March sailings.  🍷 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sandancer said:

It was said “tongue in cheek”.  My Brit sense of humour. Speaking as someone who has cancelled 3 cruises and 4 land vacations I’m trying to be cheerful. 

Your comment was spot on. Been there, done that. 🤬

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I made final payment recently for a 3/21/2021 cruise on Edge...albeit with FCC's....so I'm not really out anything...but I am thinking of trying to lift and shift to 2022....not a fan of needing to wear a mask on vacation...which I'm sure will be required if they sail in March of this year, which I doubt.  

• Like 1

Celebrity cancelled our B2B cruise for March 2020 after final payment. But when final payment was due in December 2019, no one new what we were in for yet. Celebrity did cancel our September 2020 cruise before final payment. Took the cash refunds for the cancelled cruises. Did a L&S for our B2B March 2021 cruise for a March 2022 B2B cruise. Still have a September 2021 cruise in the que. Final payment isn't due until June so no concerns yet. 

16 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

I cancelled a 12 day cruise for April 12, 2021, and final payment is due January 9, 2021. Sad that they will let everyone make final payment and then cancel.

They have to have some type of protocol....you want them to just cancel the entire year?  We all know that's not realistic.  They haven't forced anyone to make final payment, they can't....people can elect to or not.  

I'm checking daily! While I don't want anyone else's cruise to be cancelled, I don't think they are anywhere near ready to cruise, nor are any ports ready. I am really hoping for an FCC extension as I have my eye on something special for summer 2022.

2 hours ago, Husky61 said:

I cancelled a 12 day cruise for April 12, 2021, and final payment is due January 9, 2021. Sad that they will let everyone make final payment and then cancel.

Smart business, that gives them that much more free money to use. The cruise prices have raised much more than the 25% premium they give you. Who know what happens to the fccs if they file bankruptcy. That's not that farfetched, they haven't sailed in almost ten months and there's no end in sight. Look at the state of the pandemic, except for deaths it's worse than it's ever been. The vaccination might be the answer but their target group of passenger will some of the last to get it because of age. If/when they start cruising it will be with a limited number of ships with a greatly reduced passenger load. It will probably be like that for a few months.

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

They have to have some type of protocol....you want them to just cancel the entire year?  We all know that's not realistic.  They haven't forced anyone to make final payment, they can't....people can elect to or not.  

At this point, I'd not make final payment on anything scheduled to sail through April 2021.  I have a Aug 28, 2021 booked and it is Barcelona to Barcelona, final payment will be in late May, but I have my doubts about this cruise as well.  Good luck!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, erlyvon said:

Celebrity cruses are cancelled through February 28, 2021.  There is no doubt this date will be extended so how soon do you think Celebrity will announce the new date?

At least from US ports the next round of cancellations will most likely be after the new administration gets in power. You will have a new CDC director and the corona virus task force will have a say on what procedures they want also. I would look for some sort of travel lockdowns such as a 30 day no fly from international cities and maybe even within the US. A possible new "No Sail Order" and just scrap the CSO stuff. 

We are a long way from cruising resuming. It probably will not happen until the virus hospitalizations are greatly reduced, however that occurs.

11 hours ago, sydbarrett said:

I'm checking daily! While I don't want anyone else's cruise to be cancelled, I don't think they are anywhere near ready to cruise, nor are any ports ready. I am really hoping for an FCC extension as I have my eye on something special for summer 2022.

I’m in the same situation...I’m eyeing a Oct 2022 cruise for my FCCs. 
I don’t wish for any cruise to be cancelled (we are up to 4 cancelled so far this year), BUT...sail by date of May 4, 2022 doesn’t work for me.

• Like 1

We were supposed to make final payment on December 27 2020, for a cruise on the Apex for March 27, 2021.  We decided to cancel.  We thought of doing a lift and shift, but we were traveling with friends who decided to make the final payment.  Maybe we all can get together next year for a cruise.