VACCINE AVAILABILITY

mcrcruiser

5 minutes ago, Laminator said:

I have had many inquiries for vaccine card laminating pouches. I refused to offer to sell them for two reasons. One, a booster may be needed in the future and two, there is a possibility that the information on the card will smear and become illegible from the heat from the laminator. A badge holder will suffice. As I recommended several weeks ago it is best to contact your local city, county or state health dept. to obtain an electronic copy that can be kept on your computer or cell phone. 

That is a excellent idea to contact the local health dept for a electronic record .Thanks 

14 minutes ago, Laminator said:

I have had many inquiries for vaccine card laminating pouches. I refused to offer to sell them for two reasons. One, a booster may be needed in the future and two, there is a possibility that the information on the card will smear and become illegible from the heat from the laminator. A badge holder will suffice

Thank you for this information.  We hadn't laminated ours but were thinking of doing it.  (there's no room on ours for boosters anyway) but I sure don't want to take the chance of the ink smearing.  We did order badge holders so will use those.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lady Chew said:

I, too, drink water all day long, and I had horrible pain in my legs after my second Moderna shot.  I also had that crushing fatigue starting the next morning and lasting all day.  Very little soreness in my arm, though.  (After shot #1 I had a sore arm for days!  And no muscle pain, and just a little fatigue the next day.)

Mr Chew only had a little bit of soreness in his arm after each shot.

You are the first person (other than myself) that I heard had those horrible pains in the legs after  2nd Dose of  Moderna. I thought I was special! 😂  I had chills along with them but the leg pains kept waking me up.  My arm with 2nd Dose was sore for about a week and also had the fatigue and headache (not bad though) until about 7 or 8 the evening after the "Jab".  My DH didn't even have a sore arm unless he touched the injection shot.  

I think @fatcat04 is right!  Everyone is different on how it affects us!  My Sister had J&J and was achy and had chills.  

@MCCruiser  I bought a 10 pack of the Badge Holders from Amazon for $7.99.  I gave the extras to Family and some of my Employees.   Office Depot sells them, too, and years ago picked some up at the Party Goods Store.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

You are the first person (other than myself) that I heard had those horrible pains in the legs after  2nd Dose of  Moderna. I thought I was special! 😂  I had chills along with them but the leg pains kept waking me up.  My arm with 2nd Dose was sore for about a week and also had the fatigue and headache (not bad though) until about 7 or 8 the evening after the "Jab".  My DH didn't even have a sore arm unless he touched the injection shot.  

I think @fatcat04 is right!  Everyone is different on how it affects us!  My Sister had J&J and was achy and had chills.  

@MCCruiser  I bought a 10 pack of the Badge Holders from Amazon for $7.99.  I gave the extras to Family and some of my Employees.   Office Depot sells them, too, and years ago picked some up at the Party Goods Store.

Thanks that is what we thought   to go to Office Depot . how long did it take your 10 plastic holders from amazon to arrive?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Thanks that is what we thought   to go to Office Depot . how long did it take your 10 plastic holders from amazon to arrive?

I ordered them on March 4 and received them on the 18th but they weren't In Stock.  I had to check my Order to confirm how long and noticed they are in Stock now but the price went up to $11.79.  Supply and Demand!  lol   What I like with these ones are the Resealable Seal and they fit the CDC Card perfectly.  Amazon.com : KEYLION 10 Pack Vaccination Card Protector 4x3 in, CDC Immunization Record Vaccine Card Holder, 3x4 Horizontal ID Badge Holder, Clear Vinyl Plastic Sleeve Cover w Waterproof Resealable Zip for Travel : Office Products

For now our original cards are sitting in our safe along with our passports and the vaccine card from our yellow fever shots. Who knows when we will need any of them. 🙁 By the time we do I'm sure there will be many cheap options for card holders or an electronic version that will be accepted.

I did copy the original cards and then shrink them down to credit card size so they fit in our wallets easily. Also have a scanned copy stored on our phones.

Got a picture of our cards on our phones, also emailed a copy to ourselves so they are available that way as well.

Years ago I was given a box of small heavy duty ziploc-type bags for craft items.  Perfect size to hold our originals.  If I hadn't had those, I just would double-bagged them with regular ziploc bags.

35 minutes ago, Lady Chew said:

Got a picture of our cards on our phones, also emailed a copy to ourselves so they are available that way as well.

Years ago I was given a box of small heavy duty ziploc-type bags for craft items.  Perfect size to hold our originals.  If I hadn't had those, I just would double-bagged them with regular ziploc bags.

That's all you really need. No reason to waste money on store bought vaccination card holders..

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Lady Chew said:

Thanks good idea 

On 4/9/2021 at 9:37 AM, Laminator said:

I have had many inquiries for vaccine card laminating pouches. I refused to offer to sell them for two reasons. One, a booster may be needed in the future and two, there is a possibility that the information on the card will smear and become illegible from the heat from the laminator. A badge holder will suffice. As I recommended several weeks ago it is best to contact your local city, county or state health dept. to obtain an electronic copy that can be kept on your computer or cell phone. 

Highly recommend taking a photo of the card and keeping it on cell phone as well as downloading it to a second phone or device.  One can text it to a friend or spouse.  Note your provider and date of each shot somewhere on paper too, as they will have a record under your name and could also reissue a card for you, if asked.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

My wife told me this Sunday morning   that 4 US states stopped the JnJ vaccine because of side effects .she saw this report on the morning Sunday news

Here is a day ago news  report link   :  

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/johnson-johnson-vaccine-georgia-shut-down-side-effects/

Just now, mcrcruiser said:

They have already agreed to resume using J&J. Its important to be able to analyze statistics ( a small number of side effects in what number of shots...in this case over 10 million does given, and just under 60 reports of side effects) and consider the relative severity of the side effects...dizziness and nausea are pretty mild, over all. That is why those states have already resumed J&J shots.

• Like 1

I wouldn't get too excited yet.  Wait until the real science is done.  When the Pfizer vaccine first went into use there was a big scare as some people had allergic reactions.  Turns out those people should never have had a vaccine, their allergies prohibit them from vaccines.  People are very confused about the "new" type of vaccine that is hyped in the media.  Yes it is a technological breakthrough but the media for those vaccines are the same old, same old and it is those media that could be the issue.  I am sure your personal physician has more information than a vaccine hub administrator who is just a hired hand, hired by your county.

Edited by Mary229

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Oh but your doctor recommended it for you. 🤔

My wife has no reaction to the JnJ vaccine .Reason is she is very well hydrated . I was not hydrated & had  severe breathing problem  & weakness .I never got that problem when I worked out in the gym ,drinking lots of water & taking the flu shot . It is not the fault of my doctor .It was my fault I should have been  well hydrated  /Thank God I am still alive & breathing normally now

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

My wife has no reaction to the JnJ vaccine .Reason is she is very well hydrated . I was not hydrated & had  severe breathing problem  & weakness .I never got that problem when I worked out in the gym ,drinking lots of water & taking the flu shot . It is not the fault of my doctor .It was my fault I should have been  well hydrated  /Thank God I am still alive & breathing normally now

No science in this statement. Yes, some people believe that hydration MIGHT be a factor, including myself and my wife, but there is no factual science behind it yet. I also drink a lot of water (long history of kidney stones), and was well hydrated the day of my second Moderna shot. I experienced almost no side effects...a mild headache, and a bit more tired than usual, gone 48 hours afterwards.

But all you are seeing here, at this time, is anecdotal info. Not scientific fact. "Belief" doesn't absolutely make it fact.

11 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Did your doctor when he or she said only to take the Johnson & Johnson vaccine advise you to hydrate?

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Did your doctor when he or she said only to take the Johnson & Johnson vaccine advise you to hydrate?

Why these questions  ? This has gone far enough .  what is  important is that U was not hydrated  & that is why I got the side effects that I got . whether it effects others like this or not is conjecture

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Why these questions  ? This has gone far enough .  what is  important is that U was not hydrated  & that is why I got the side effects that I got . whether it effects others like this or not is conjecture

If it was science, FDA, CDC and everyone else would be screaming it at the top of their lungs to hydrate before the shots. There has been NO official recognition that hydration is a factor. There may be down the road, but not yet.

With the side effects, and the vaccine hesitancy,  this would be a good thing to announce, if proven, don't you think?

3 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

If it was science, FDA, CDC and everyone else would be screaming it at the top of their lungs to hydrate before the shots. There has been NO official recognition that hydration is a factor. There may be down the road, but not yet.

With the side effects, and the vaccine hesitancy,  this would be a good thing to announce, if proven, don't you think?

So then draw your own conclusions  . imo not every thing is yet known about the Vaccines . Today on CNBC .business channel ,  a former head of the FDA & a board member on the Pfizer board was talking about that the African variant pierces the Pfizer vaccine  . Still a lot to be learned  about this virus & vaccines . As long as the virus mutates   there will be  many questions that the vaccine mfgs will need to get answers & then approvals from the FDA for any booster type shots  .Additionally ,I never saw any clear cut evidence on how long the initial vaccines worked to protect us   .If there is some relative information on these topics  kindly post them 

Everyones immune system response is different, as are their nutrition and hydration levels. With the RDNA versions, many reactions were allergic, due to the encapsulation methods and materials, not the actual vaccine itself.  Stll very rare, manageabld, and mostly minor.

Wild speculation about cause and effects are not generally useful to spread unsupported rumors on the internet, as this is how a lot of anti vax rumors and impressions formed.  Zero science and lots of speculation about cause and effect.  Many people are chronically dehydrated or lack nutrition, so drinking lots of water and taking a multivitamin is a good idea every day.

Advising folks they reduce the liklihood of a side effect without any data is a bit reckless.

"African variant pierces the Pfizer vaccine"  stuff like this.  First, the vaccine is not a shield, it is a methodology to train your immune system to recognize and fight the vaccine by introducing material into your body that is biologically similar to a key apart of the virus without being an active version of it.

The technology behind the 'new' vaccines was under development in the 80s when I was at university, as we wrote a paper about its commercial potential in the pharma industry at b school.  The science is well understood.  Protection will always be by ones immune system, not the vaccine, so it can never be 100%, as human immune systems vary too much, and some are compromised.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

I never saw any clear cut evidence on how long the initial vaccines worked to protect us. If there is some relative information on these topics  kindly post them.

Here's one...

https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors/pharma/moderna-vaccine-antibodies-last-at-least-6-months-shows-study/story/436275.html

• Thanks 1