The Daily for Wednesday Feb 10, 2021

richwmn

3 minutes ago, TraceySD said:

RafinMD Roy is in the hospital for a few days. 

Very sorry to hear this, thank you for posting the message, and welcome to Cruise Critic.

Please tell Roy, that his friends from New Zealand are sending him our best wishes and hope he will soon be home again.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

@DeeniEncinitasspecial wishes for your 50th!  Such a special event.  This year would have been ours, so I feel a special closeness to those married in 1971!  

Since I don't own any flannel, I will just have to stay warm with my hoodie over my regular shirt!  In order to stay out of the Colorado next year, I have a new solution.  I already have 18 days scheduled in January in Hawaii.  So, yesterday, I cancelled my September cruise in Europe, and booked a Panama Canal cruise leaving on January 30.  So, I will just fly back from Hawaii to San Diego, stay one night, and board the ship the next day!  32 or 33 days gone!!!!

Have a great evening, everyone.  Off to watch some NASCAR.

🤞 I am keeping my fingers crossed for our September cruise in Europe...Hawaii always sounds good!  Panama, too! 🛳️

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Morning everyone. It’s a balmy 28 degrees now, but thankfully no more snow.

The governor announced that our county remains in a red zone, but no vaccines available. Tonight at midnight CVS opens their registration, but we don’t know which ones will have it.

Prayers for all who need them. Stay safe and double mask.

Carol

Isn't there a scroll down bar to see specifically  the locations of the CVS? ✏️

Thank you @richwmnfor the daily report, and @rafinmd for the daily lists.The work you both do maintaining these lists is appreciated.

Today our new neighbours are having tall trees removed, which will give them much more light into their home, and an improved view for us!

A cloudy day windy day, rain is forecast.

Stay well and safe everyone.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, cruzn single said:

@DeeniEncinitasspecial wishes for your 50th!  Such a special event.  This year would have been ours, so I feel a special closeness to those married in 1971!  

Since I don't own any flannel, I will just have to stay warm with my hoodie over my regular shirt!  In order to stay out of the Colorado next year, I have a new solution.  I already have 18 days scheduled in January in Hawaii.  So, yesterday, I cancelled my September cruise in Europe, and booked a Panama Canal cruise leaving on January 30.  So, I will just fly back from Hawaii to San Diego, stay one night, and board the ship the next day!  32 or 33 days gone!!!!

Have a great evening, everyone.  Off to watch some NASCAR.

If you want to stay away from the Colorado winter next year,have you considered doing the Canal round trip from San Diego?  That would add another 16 days or so, plus the flight from San Diego wpuld be shorter.

Lenda

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

@TraceySD, are you a friend of Roy's?  I should have welcomed you, too, to Cruise Critic and asked if you are in touch with him.  If you are, please give him our best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Dear Tracey,

OMGOSH! My heart is saddened ❤️ I pray for his health and know he is in good hand with his wonderful DR. 
Roy is our lifeline! He is compassionate,

has so much love to give. I am also one who PLEASE IF YOU CAN let him know 

he is in our prayers and I want him back here soon! I MISS MY FRIEND🙏
Denise

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Smitty, they are not frozen. They are fresh in the steamable bags and have seasonings and butter in it. They are in the fresh produce. After microwaving,  you smash them with an oven mitt. There's various varieties,  including baby sweet potatoes. 

Oops! Well, if  I  am  ever  able  to  go  inside  a grocery  store  (safely!) again, I  will  try  them. Thank  you, I  should  have  read  more  carefully.     Terry

• Like 3

@Quartzsite Cruiser, good idea, but I will have to think on that.  Hadn't considered it.  Guess my step-daughter could pay my bills during my time away!

Roy, sending healing wishes and prayers!  You are one of the "backbones" here and we rely on your wisdom and thoughtfulness!

Edited by cruzn single
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser, good idea, but I will have to think on that.  Hadn't considered it.  Guess my step-daughter could pay my bills during my time away!

We have our bills set up to either to be automatically paid from a bank account or billed to a credit card which is automatically paid from a bank account.  We only have one bill that cannot be set up to be paid automatically.  I usually send them a certain amount and then just watch the monthly bills.  When the credit gets low enough that the next bill won’t be covered, I send them another check.  We’re not going to let a measly few bills keep us off a ship!  

Lenda

• Like 1