Question about Elite Status

johnasmith99

We are Elite with Celebrity based on our RCCL Diamond status.  Still, we have never cruised on Celebrity.  Now that Celebrity is including beverages, Wi-Fi and gratuities for everyone, what benefit is there to being Elite?  Adding to that question, do you expect there will be descent beverage service if there's no incentive for either Celebrity or the servers other than for premium beverages?  I guess the servers would likely get an extra tip.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't answer your question about Elite perks, since we aren't there yet. You can look them up on the X website. As for decent beverage service- I don't see why it would be any different than the last few years.  Beverage packages have been ubiquitous on X for quite some time, and we've rarely had a reason to complain (except  for the Martini bar in the evenings, then they are positively slanmmed). Tip your server extra or don't- it's up to you. There is a built in gratuity in the beverage packages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These elite perks come to mind

One category upgrade (with restrictions....see website for details)

Discount on photo packages

One day at the Persian garden while ship is in Port (M & S class ships)

Complementary bag of laundry

And the famous scoop of gelato

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

With AI  now the benefits for Elite are 1bag of free wash & fold laundry, if you & travel companion are both Elite you each get 1 bag,  free dry cleaning of 1 item, Priority tendering in tender ports, dedicated departure lounges, CC daily Coffee Lounge,  10%discount on upgrade to Premium Beverage and some other discounts.  Complete info is on the website

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I spoke with some one from the Captains Club yesterday, Feb 15 2021, and he said X is drafting a new set of benefits for Elites (since the new AI program makes Elite status less valuable).   Of course, he didn’t know when they’d actually roll out the new Elite benefit program.  

• Like 5

On 2/14/2021 at 12:58 PM, johnasmith99 said:

We are Elite with Celebrity based on our RCCL Diamond status.  Still, we have never cruised on Celebrity.  Now that Celebrity is including beverages, Wi-Fi and gratuities for everyone, what benefit is there to being Elite?  Adding to that question, do you expect there will be descent beverage service if there's no incentive for either Celebrity or the servers other than for premium beverages?  I guess the servers would likely get an extra tip.  

As of today...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SunnyTodayFL said:

I spoke with some one from the Captains Club yesterday, Feb 15 2021, and he said X is drafting a new set of benefits for Elites (since the new AI program makes Elite status less valuable).   Of course, he didn’t know when they’d actually roll out the new Elite benefit program.  

Thanks for the info..The more the say they are  giving the more they actually take away or vastly diminish.

Hard enough to get bar service now.. New plans, everyone will qualify.  Happily we don't drink very much

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I don’t think that’s been updated. They mention reciprocal status with Azamara, for instance. I believe that has been taken away, since Azamara have left RCG and have new owners.

Also Internet perks are the same as they were before AI.

F36E792F-EA1A-4A99-AF93-699515A2FF66.png

Edited by upwarduk

Two points.... I’m

Not sure the Azamara sale has gone through?  It has been reported over on the Azamara board that someone tried to get their shareholder credit for an upcoming Azamara booking and they were still able to do so, so maybe the separation has not been effected yet.

And I see why they still list all the perks. There are some passengers who booked before AI, was instituted and they will be getting their elite perks as per the time that they booked.  Also I understand that people who booked through the blue chip Club do not get the AI package and they would get what they’re supposed to get from their Captains Club status would get them.  And finally, there have been reports that when cruising starts up again it MAY be possible to book last minute cruises without AI so those passengers would also get just what their Captain’s Club status would offer them.

18 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I don’t think that’s been updated. They mention reciprocal status with Azamara, for instance. I believe that has been taken away, since Azamara have left RCG and have new owners.

Also Internet perks are the same as they were before AI.

Exactly why I posted the CC link and my point. Nothing has changed yet as far as the CC perks/benefits. Until Celebrity publishes the changes no one knows what the changes will be. Until then status quo. 

Thanks for the post.

This is awesome news, as we were told by our TA that Celebrity doesn't recognize our RCCL's Diamond status.

But just being Elite for our first upcoming cruise with Celebrity is cool...

Question:

What's the: 

1. Complimentary Captain’s Club Daily Elite cocktail hour?   Since we already have beverage package

2. Access to daily coffee lounge for exclusive breakfast?  Is that a separate breakfast area?

Thanks,

2 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Thanks for the post.

This is awesome news, as we were told by our TA that Celebrity doesn't recognize our RCCL's Diamond status.

Question:

What's the: 

1. Complimentary Captain’s Club Daily Elite cocktail hour?   Since we already have beverage package

2. Access to daily coffee lounge for exclusive breakfast?  Is that a separate breakfast area?

Thanks,

You're TA is wrong! 

Regarding Azamara....They must have maintained some sort of connection with Celebrity at least for the time being. A couple of days ago I had five power up points added to my Celebrity account for watching the Alaska video. They were also added to my Azamara account. So they haven’t separated out the loyalty systems as of yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Navy cruiser. If you didn’t have a beverage package, the Nightly cocktails would be important to you. If you have the All inclusive than that won’t mean much.

The breakfast is a variety of cold choices....meats, cheeses, fruits, pastries, yogurt, juice.  It’s big attraction used to be that it included bloody Mary’s and bellinis.  Again, with the new All inclusive that might not be such a big deal in future.  We won’t know until sailing starts up again.

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Regarding Azamara....They must have maintained some sort of connection with Celebrity at least for the time being. A couple of days ago I had five power up points added to my Celebrity account for watching the Alaska video. They were also added to my Azamara account. So they haven’t separated out the loyalty systems as of yet.

Same here, exactly.  I have also received the shareholder credit for Azamara.

1 hour ago, NavyCruiser said:

Thanks for the post.

Question:

What's the: 

Thanks,

1.  There are appetizers served at the Elite Cocktail Hour along with a menu of complimentary drinks. If you have a beverage package, you will have a greater choice of drinks.

2.  A continental breakfast includes select drinks like mimosa and bloody Marys.  On the S-class ships, it is held in the Tuscan Grill which offers great views.

• Like 2

We have always enjoyed visiting the Elite cocktail evening 1/2 times per cruise despite having access to the Retreat lounge and having a premium beverage package. It has always simply been a nice space to enjoy a pre dinner drink and a venue to chat to fellow cruisers.

The breakfast is either a cold platter or buffet and again is simply a nice space away from the hustle and bustle of other venues. Like keesar we find this very special on S class ships as we also enjoy the wake views. We particularly enjoy the breakfast on sea days when we want a relaxing start to the day but not too much food. There are Bellinis, Mimosas and Bloody Marys offered which is nice...

The Captains Club hosts are always friendly and helpful. They arrange ship tours and special events so if you want to see something behind the scenes look for the Captains Club welcome letter on boarding.

I would not expect the  5-7 pm event with appetizers any more.  This is from the Program Updates.  I think they are saying that Elites who don’t have beverage packages can get some cocktails at bars around the ship from 5-7 but that the Lounge event is discontinued

7D1ACD19-1A4E-4049-A76F-B41A11A6A0C0.png

6 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I would not expect the  5-7 pm event with appetizers any more.  This is from the Program Updates.  I think they are saying that Elites who don’t have beverage packages can get some cocktails at bars around the ship from 5-7 but that the Lounge event is discontinued

Well that is a positive

Thank you for this information.  Sad to hear this as on our last cruise, we had the 5-7 pm options around the ship at bars as well as the cocktail hour in the Sky Lounge with appetizers.  That venue was great in meeting fellow cruisers and the views were spectacular.  

Edited by keesar

8 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I had seen the same, I am rather hoping that that they may offer 1/2 times per cruise specific Elite evening events. Nothing to do with free drinks (as we will all have them anyway) but perhaps with some musical offering, celebration of the most cruised....Something of the tradition of Elite events?

Whilst I know you can meet good company at any bar on a Celebrity ship we have always found company at Elite events to be very enjoyable.

34 minutes ago, chemmo said:

I had seen the same, I am rather hoping that that they may offer 1/2 times per cruise specific Elite evening events. Nothing to do with free drinks (as we will all have them anyway) but perhaps with some musical offering, celebration of the most cruised....Something of the tradition of Elite events?

Whilst I know you can meet good company at any bar on a Celebrity ship we have always found company at Elite events to be very enjoyable.

We too enjoyed the CC HH in the Sky Lounge. IMO, I feel the elimination of the CC HH is only going to be temporary when and if cruising ever resumes.  Also hopefully the AI concept is short lived.  No one can say or really knows if this whole AI concept will last. But we always took the CBP as one of our bundled perks. 

Edited by davekathy