Just got a Covid safety survey from RCCL

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

I got one for our Feb 2022 Grandeur out of Barbados.  My guess is that they are really only interested in whether or not you intend to be vaccinated. I think all the other questions were fluff.

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As mentioned by the OP, they asked why you booked, what made you feel safe which leads me to believe that they are targeting recent bookings which explains why the bookings are in 2022 and even 2023.  They aren’t interested in why you booked those May and June cruises as people booked those a long time ago.  

I only got the survey for the cruise we booked Tuesday for March 2023. No survey for our long booked October 2021 or March 2021 sailing. 

• Like 1

I sent this screen shot to a friend who works in the executive office. Got a ❤️ emoji response.

Swore I wouldn’t book a cruise until they started to sail.  I figured they will be sailing by March 2023 or the world will have ended. 

D21BD8E7-9EA7-4505-A010-9BA10E1A8ECD.thumb.jpeg.974f539d028de114eb9127b8011ea3ee.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

I got one for our Feb 2022 Grandeur out of Barbados.  My guess is that they are really only interested in whether or not you intend to be vaccinated. I think all the other questions were fluff.

I think that is a big part of it.    I also feel they were looking to see what protocols people are willing to accept (masks, mandatory ship excursions, etc etc).     No where did it ask if you would be okay with quarantining.     I forgot to put in comment section that no way will I quarantine if a group of unvaccinated passengers test positive.   

• Like 1

I received the survey for my most recent booking:  Allure (Med. sailing) in May 2022, which replaces our Odyssey cruise that was shifted from Italy to Israel.  We also have the Allure booked this December in the Caribbean.  Fingers crossed that this survey is the start of something positive!

11/29/21 Navigator, booked 1/2/21. 

It's the second chronologically of four RC cruises I currently have booked, both by sailing date and booking date.

Based on all the data points in this thread RC randomly selected bookings to survey, but I suspect they're also looking to see how responses differ based on when you booked and how far out your booking is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yup, looks like the Pattern. Mine, 19 Cruises Book, Survey lists most resent one I Booked last Tuesday

Mine is not. I booked a cruise last Friday so maybe that was too recent? It was for the most recent before that.

8 hours ago, Nemomof3 said:

Mine is not. I booked a cruise last Friday so maybe that was too recent? It was for the most recent before that.

Booked last Tuesday and got the survey. Maybe RC IT is only surveying a set time frame. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I got it asking about a January 2023 I booked last week (Allure from Galveston) so it must be sort of random. I have May and September cruises booked for this year out of Galveston and nothing asked about them.

Seems the CDC is finally getting its act together.

17 hours ago, sandebeach said:

I wonder if this is a clue as to which cruises  they anticipate will actually be sailing?

17 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm on Allure in July and got no email (yet)

17 hours ago, lovelife said:

Nothing received.  Have a cruise booked every month through June 2022.

We got one last evening, and it was for the 2/22/23 Panama Canal cruise out of Tampa - that one is #16 out of the 17 we have booked, and we just booked it last week.

Edited by orville99

I received it for my Allure 2022 WB TA cruise, but neither of my Alaska nor 3 day Caribbean cruises for 2021.  Very interesting on the spread of dates for everyone who have received it.

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

they are targeting recent bookings which explains why the bookings are in 2022 and even 2023.

I totally agree. I could be wrong but I wouldn't read too much into the survey. When I took it I felt as if this was a marketing survey more than anything. Mine was for our Symphony September 2022 sailing and not our November 2021 Explorer.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1