News coming soon.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I was told they switched to some "new system".   Good as an excuse as any I guess.  😉  One way or another...they still have my money from that cancelled cruise...or would be the one I would have stashed it into next.  😄 

Don't knock it, my 7-YO grandson is getting some pretty hefty royalties for designing the new system for them😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Problem with the kid vaccines is that kids don't need it. And in the past, the FDA has advised against kids getting vaccines for disease they aren't subject to.

So why close schools🤔

• Like 2

Apparently the Celebrity version of Royal's weekly TA call was today.  They are having their "big announcement" call next week but hinted something about vaccines and protocols will be discussed next week on their call.

So whatever it is, it isn't limited to just Royal like announcing CATS! will be the show on Odyssey or something like that.

Maybe the CDC has provided the details that cruise lines need to move forward.  

• Haha 1

someone posted this on FB, can anyone validate it:   

IMPORTANT UPDATE - As the new normal in the travel industry things are changing ever so fast. Regrettably, our special announcement scheduled for tomorrow has been put on hold. Please still join us for the Coffee Talk tomorrow and we hope to be able to share more information with you as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaritimeR&R said:

someone posted this on FB, can anyone validate it:   

IMPORTANT UPDATE - As the new normal in the travel industry things are changing ever so fast. Regrettably, our special announcement scheduled for tomorrow has been put on hold. Please still join us for the Coffee Talk tomorrow and we hope to be able to share more information with you as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

So it went from a fully caffeinated coffee talk to a decaf coffee talk...

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

I just received this as part of another e mail from Vicki Freed about the call.

Leads me to believe that the announcement will be about a ship on the West Coast.  It does seem to be a deviation of the initial release of news as they have returned to the original topic with this added in

PLUS – we do have some exciting news to share!  Be one of the first to learn of our newest homeport for the Royal Caribbean brand! You won’t want to miss this!

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1