Celebrity will be restarting cruising out of St. Maarten on June 5th with Millennium

dkjretired

13 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks for posting this as it really got us excited about the possibility we'll be able to go on our Edge cruises in July. Now here's hoping he's read the "tea leaves" correctly. 🤞🤞

I think he said US cruises in his video. Technically that's not correct.

I still think this is a strategy from RCL , to go to other home ports to a) "encourage" the CDC to be flexible, and b) to have a back up plan.

High stakes game.

Edited by HMR74

On 3/19/2021 at 10:52 AM, terrydtx said:

My understanding is the second shot has to be administered  28 to 35 days between the first to be fully effective, if this is the case a 4 month wait does no good anyway.

Our Provincial doctor says science says it can be 4 months between shots...don't...even....get...me...started.

45 minutes ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Let's see.....

Attending School

* No Covid Test required for Kids

* No required vaccine for teachers.

* CDC - 3-ft distance Okay.

* Barriers no longer recommended by CDC 

Expected St,Maarten Celebrity June Cruise:

* Negative Covid Test required for passengers under 18-years old.

* Vaccine required for adult passengers and crew.

* Social distance? It will be interesting to learn more here, but here are my assumptions:

*  Recorded life boat drills with staggered reporting to muster station.

*  Staggered and enforced embarking and debarking times.

*  Reduced capacity.

*  Increased cleaning requirements.

Concern about 2,000 to 3,000 people pushing to be first off or on the ship:

*  Just wait to be the last person(s) embarking or debarking.  Problem solved! This is a pre         pandemic choice people make on their own.  For that past decade we have arrived to port late and debarked last and usually don't have experience people pushing since the herd as past.  

Comment that teachers in class rooms with 20 - 30 students are able to maintain the distance:

* What distance?  The CDC 3-foot recommendation?

* Who said the 3-ft social distance will not be recommended or required on a ship?

*  Should I assume Kids follow rules better than adults?  Maybe...

I am so very proud of my DW who happily is back in the class room with the kiddos.  To assume an elementary school teacher can maintain a 6-foot distance with the kiddos has not been in a class room lately.  SCHOOL TEACHERS ARE HEROS and ESSENTIAL WORKERS!  

Thanks again Celebrity for thinking out of the box and providing everyone the opportunity to cruise again it they want to...

CHEERS!

🍸

Yes, everything you said!!!  😀

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 12:56 PM, TeaBag said:

We won't be booking because we won't receive our vaccine till April and then have to wait 4 months for the second one.

4 Months?  I got Moderna #1 yesterday and the lag is 34 days.  Pfizer is supposed to be three weeks.  Is there a shortage where you are?

8 minutes ago, marieps said:

4 Months?  I got Moderna #1 yesterday and the lag is 34 days.  Pfizer is supposed to be three weeks.  Is there a shortage where you are?

Exactly 21 days from the first Pfizer to the second Pfizer shot for both my wife and I. 

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Some other countries do not yet have the supply of vaccines that the US has, so extended time between doses.

But Teabag is in Vancouver.  I'm not sure there's a shortage there that would require a 4 month lag.

1 minute ago, marieps said:

But Teabag is in Vancouver.  I'm not sure there's a shortage there that would require a 4 month lag.

Pretty sure most of Canada is doing what the UK is doing....getting as many as possible the first shot before getting the 2nd one. UK is saying something like 6 months till the 2nd one.

37 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Pretty sure most of Canada is doing what the UK is doing....getting as many as possible the first shot before getting the 2nd one. UK is saying something like 6 months till the 2nd one.

Ah.  Not a shortage per se, just allotting resources differently.  Considering the 1st dose covers you 87% or so...it's a valid deployment strategy.

37 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

The UK is doing a max of 12 weeks between shots.  On average about 9-10 weeks.  For the majority of people this is optimal as their  vaccine is AZ one and has better efficacy with an 8-12 weeks lag as expected for a AD based vaccine.  However, with Pfizer this is outside the manufactures recommended lag so it is a bit of a leap of faith.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fragilek said:

The UK is doing a max of 12 weeks between shots.  On average about 9-10 weeks.  For the majority of people this is optimal as their  vaccine is AZ one and has better efficacy with an 8-12 weeks lag as expected for a AD based vaccine.  However, with Pfizer this is outside the manufactures recommended lag so it is a bit of a leap of faith.

There is no shortage of the vaccine here at the moment, the reasoning is to get as many people vaccinated as possible. Yesterday they got 844,285 shots done.  And now more than half of the Adult population has had at least 1 vaccine shot

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, marieps said:

Ah.  Not a shortage per se, just allotting resources differently.  Considering the 1st dose covers you 87% or so...it's a valid deployment strategy.

Actually, a combination of the two. We started off reserving the second shot for those having received their first one. Then came the realization that the flow of vaccines wasn't as fast as initially anticipated, so there was a switch to getting as many 1st shots as possible into people's arms and provide that 87% or so protection to a much higher number of people. Now the flow has picked up, and I believe that most provinces will continue with the delayed 2nd shot, but that the delay will be shorter. With the single shot J&J vaccine headed this way in due course, there will be more dual-dose vaccine available to further shorten the delay.

• Like 3

Can someone explain how you find a test for the 72 hour rule to fly back to the USA?  Do you find it on your own or does cruise company help?  Specifically interested in what they might do in St. Maarten.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

Actually, a combination of the two. We started off reserving the second shot for those having received their first one. Then came the realization that the flow of vaccines wasn't as fast as initially anticipated, so there was a switch to getting as many 1st shots as possible into people's arms and provide that 87% or so protection to a much higher number of people. Now the flow has picked up, and I believe that most provinces will continue with the delayed 2nd shot, but that the delay will be shorter. With the single shot J&J vaccine headed this way in due course, there will be more dual-dose vaccine available to further shorten the delay.

You didn't begin to clarify with an apology.  I'm appalled! 😁

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Can someone explain how you find a test for the 72 hour rule to fly back to the USA?  Do you find it on your own or does cruise company help?  Specifically interested in what they might do in St. Maarten.

I believe Host Anne has already reported the test will come on board at no add'l cost.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

SOOOO excited, was just able to register for my 1st Moderna vaccine.  Monday, April 5, 10am, I will run not walk, VAX me up please and thank you!!!  See you in 2022 APEX!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

SOOOO excited, was just able to register for my 1st Moderna vaccine.  Monday, April 5, 10am, I will run not walk, VAX me up please and thank you!!!  See you in 2022 APEX!

I received my first dose last week.  It was the first time I was ever excited about getting a shot.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CruisingGoddess said:

How likely do you think people will bring their kids on this cruise? I was really excited when I heard it was going to be adults only and then now the Celebrity website says kids with a negative COVID test are allowed. 

Where did you see adults only?  I'm ok as long as they test kids too.

4 hours ago, marieps said:

There is definitely a shortage here. We have done a very poor job in vaccine procurement. I just checked on our CTV news web site and it shows we are at number 53 in the world in vaccines given. My wife and I are in our early 70’s and we may get our first shots sometime in April. Then a second 4 months after that. We have friends in the US and the UK who have had both shots. 

7 hours ago, marieps said:

Our Moderna shots were given 28 days apart,.as per rec of hosp clinic  in Florida where they were given and the manuf. Second dose was pre- reserved. 

Guess there is some leeway but 4 months seems  long. ( Side effects of 2nd shot were worse than 1st, as expected)

Tests for kids are okay but vaccinations may need much more study & thought.