Marc Walker headed to Harmony of Seas

3 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

The O class ships are more stable then anthem as they have a wider beam and more weight. The attraction of having that size of ship in the UK would sell easy in my eyes

If you equating stability as a bonus for the seas around the U.K., that tells you all you need to know about the weather. 

I’ve sailed twice from Southampton in Summer. On both days it was a very nice day in the City and around the port. However, 20 minutes out of port on top deck wasn’t a place you’d spend long without a jacket. 

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

I understand why people may think Harmony is coming to UK, but I think I would prefer Anthem because its more suitable for cool weather cruising, with its big indoor pool and Solarium , plus the indoor sports deck and big indoor entertainment areas. 

Having been on both for fun i prefer Harmony but i agree the covered areas such as pool and sports deck would be better for the families. I have cruised out of southampton a number of times, both calm great weather and a little bit choppy. I have sailed around the caribbean and have experienced a dead calm day followed by big waves.

That's the fun of cruising, you can never guess the sea and weather.

Also i don't think and i may be wrong but not many ports in UK could manage the Oasis class ships.

Steel hat time 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Seems that post on his timeline is no longer there?

You are right.  There had been three posts, two teasing about an update and then the update itself.  All three have been removed.  Maybe he made too obvious of a hint and got in trouble.  He had said he could not say anything about the itinerary as it could change.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You are right.  There had been three posts, two teasing about an update and then the update itself.  All three have been removed.  Maybe he made too obvious of a hint and got in trouble.  He had said he could not say anything about the itinerary as it could change.

Exactly, I'm hoping Harmony is sent to the UK, really don't want to be forced to go to Europe this summer, rather lift and shift my September Sailing this year to 2022 and protect the price of our OS.

50 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

He had said he could not say anything about the itinerary as it could change.

I think it's crappy that they probably made him take it down. I found nothing wrong with the posts and like you said he did not give anything away. He was just voicing his excitement to be going back to work.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2021 at 10:52 AM, Jimbo said:

Exactly, I'm hoping Harmony is sent to the UK, really don't want to be forced to go to Europe this summer, rather lift and shift my September Sailing this year to 2022 and protect the price of our OS.

I am hoping for the same.  Booked for Harmony Mediterranean in Sept. 2021 from a Next Cruise deal 14 months ago, but now certainly don't want to go to Europe this year.  Not as excited for a Lift and Ship to Allure in Sept. 2022 ... having missed its dry dock, it won't be as nice as Harmony.  But it's better than nothing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 5:19 AM, Heymarco said:

Did anyone hear any more updates on Harmony, crew returning, or start-up? I know she’s in dry dock right now.

What's she having done in this drydock..haven't been on her since 2017 but will back on 2022.

7 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

I'm booked on Harmony for 26th September so fingers crossed it will go ahead

Us too, L&Sed from Allure last year. Starting to feel a tiny glimmer of hope. Joining my crossed fingers to yours! 😆

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Us too, L&Sed from Allure last year. Starting to feel a tiny glimmer of hope. Joining my crossed fingers to yours! 😆

We were on Allure in Feb 2020 right before the shutdown and are now booked on Harmony for Jan 2022.  We are vaccinated and anxiously awaiting (like everyone else) for things to settle down and open back up.

17 minutes ago, SuzD123 said:

We were on Allure in Feb 2020 right before the shutdown and are now booked on Harmony for Jan 2022.  We are vaccinated and anxiously awaiting (like everyone else) for things to settle down and open back up.

If our September one gets cancelled by Royal we'll probably L&S again - which will put us back where we started on Allure! 😂

On 3/22/2021 at 8:24 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

That's great to hear.  I'm sure we will be hearing announcements soon on european sailings this summer.  I'm just not sure they will allow US residents to board but maybe since vaccinations will make the difference.

I'm booked for a baltic sailing on jewel in august and just no sure it will happen.

Have you checked your booking lately,,,my bud had one same RCCL ship same time and hers was cxd a few weeks ago.

53 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Been talking to Captain Johnny onboard Harmony, still docked and dry dock is still ongoing.

He has orders as to where they are going next but he is not allowed to say yet.

Wished we knew someone on Allure that I could bribe to say!  LOL