Adventure from Nassau or Vision from Bermuda?

5 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

Has anyone been on Vision? What's your opinion please? I'm trying to decide which ship to book.

In your signature, you say you've sailed on Legend....

Vision is basically the same as Legend with slight differences.

Edited by Hoopster95

If pricing and flights are not an issue for you then I would go with Bermuda.      Beautiful island - love more and more every time we go back.      Having 4 sea days back and forth to CocoCay would be nice.   Love sea days!    Flights to Bermuda will be more expensive than flights to Nassau, unless air2sea has worked some worked magic.      

If ship is more important and you enjoy the larger ship, then Adventure would be better than Vision.   Otherwise the size of Vision is perfect for us. 

We are booked for a b2b to bermuda end of August on freedom.    Now I will have to see what the pricing is like for the Vision sailings.    

• Like 2

I have no love for Nassau. But in general I rarely get off the ship in any port beyond maybe a trip to a Walgreens or something. 🙂  I guess I generally get off at CoCo Cay or Labadee just to wander for a bit.

But my rule right now is first-cruise-possible. Which means Nassau. 🙂

It may or may not come down to cost, if the Nassau-based sailings are high priced and I choose to avoid them at first. But airfare is about the same to either destination from Newark, NJ.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I am trying to figure this out since we would have to fly to either place. I have never been on Vision. We did Adventure last summer and it was fine, not Oasis-class but same family as Navigator/Mariner which we like. 

Don't think twice, Adventure hands down sail on 100 times rather then Vision.

Adventure out of Nassau definitely! The length of flight/cost is similar for both from my location but Vision doesn't have enough activity/variety for me for all those sea days.

No idea why they didn't bring another Voyager Class Ship from somewhere to do the Bermuda Sailings, Huge mistake by Royal for picking Vision.

Could have been Bermuda saying they don't want any cruise ships larger then Vision coming in because of the amount of people on the island.

Edited by Jimbo

Have never been on Vision, but have been on Adventure 3 times. To me, she is ok but nothing special.

On the other hand, been to both Bermuda and Nassau 3 or 4 times each. Hands down, Bermuda is the much nicer place. Cleaner, more friendly, better transportation options, and the beaches are superb and much better than Nassau. Love it.

Your choice seems to amount to what size of ship you like,  and if you are more interested in the ship or the port. Bermuda would be my choice without hesitation.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

No idea why they didn't bring another Voyager Class Ship from somewhere to do the Bermuda Sailings, Huge mistake by Royal for picking Vision.

Could have been Bermuda saying they don't want any cruise ships larger then Vision coming in because of the amount of people on the island.

We haven't yet seen the specific itinerary from Bermuda. It's possible they wanted to visit Hamilton not just Kings Wharf, and that may have restricted the ship size.

Been on both .... Vision is an older ship with pretty evenly distributed cabins between balcony, ocean view and inside. I feel this is sort of an odd choice to begin sailing, especially if only balcony cabins will be available for these cruises. Bermuda is very nice and safe (the complete opposite of Nassau) but make sure you can wander on your own otherwise I would go with the Adventure of the Seas for a more robust on board experience. Vision is normally used for itineraries where the cruise is very port intensive thus the ship itself is not the destination (as may be the case with Adventure).

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

We haven't yet seen the specific itinerary from Bermuda. It's possible they wanted to visit Hamilton not just Kings Wharf, and that may have restricted the ship size.

Vision can not visit Hamilton. Too big.

Edited by Charles4515

2 hours ago, dswallow said:

Empress was the only ship that was able to clear Hamilton/St. George, as that was quite a bit smaller than Vision. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Might be logistics. Transporting passengers from the airport on the east end to the dock on the west end and back to the airport at the end. I suppose though they could use their ferries for that. Provisioning a larger ship in Bermuda might be a problem. 

Edited by Charles4515

22 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Vision can not visit Hamilton. Too big.

I had thought about that after seeing some things from 2011 regarding maximum ship lengths, but I then checked what ships currently go there...

Queen Victoria - Beam: 106 feet, Draught: 26 feet 3 inches, Length: 965 feet

Queen Elizabeth - Beam: 106 feet, Draught: 26 feet 3 inches, Length: 965 feet

Costa Deliziosa - Beam: 106 feet, Draught: 26 feet 3 inches, Length: 965 feet

So this really didn't seem far-fetched. 🙂

Vision of the Seas -  - Beam: 117 feet, Draught: 25 feet 6 inches, Length: 915 feet

10 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I had thought about that after seeing some things from 2011 regarding maximum ship lengths, but I then checked what ships currently go there...

Vision of the Seas -  - Beam: 117 feet, Draught: 25 feet 6 inches, Length: 915 feet

Those ships did not dock in Hamilton. They docked at the Royal Naval Dockyard.

Edited by Charles4515

3 hours ago, dswallow said:

We sailed the NCL Breakaway Class ships to Bermuda with no issue. These are bigger. Length over 1000 ft., Beam 136 ft. Holds 3998 passengers. 
https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/encore

5 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We sailed the NCL Breakaway Class ships to Bermuda with no issue. These are bigger. Length over 1000 ft., Beam 136 ft. Holds 3998 passengers. 
https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/encore

It's not the main pier (Royal Naval Dockyard) we were talking about. A more picturesque area that can only handle smaller ship visits (Hamilton Port and St. George's Port).

When I was trying to locate ships in the Hamilton Port I used information at CruisePlum which showed Hamilton instead of Royal Naval Dockyard, but apparently that was just incorrect information for those ships and they still are Royal Navy Dockyard visits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dswallow said:

It's not the main pier (Royal Naval Dockyard) we were talking about. A more picturesque area that can only handle smaller ship visits (Hamilton Port and St. George's Port).

When I was trying to locate ships in the Hamilton Port I used information at CruisePlum which showed Hamilton instead of Royal Naval Dockyard, but apparently that was just incorrect information for those ships and they still are Royal Navy Dockyard visits.

Yes, I remember seeing the smaller HAL ships in Hamilton. What a great location! Step off right into Hamilton!