Monday Mar 29, 2021

richwmn

7 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

I might mention, Rich that today is also National Vietnam War Veterans Day.  It commemorates the day in 1973 when MACV was officially shut down and we left Vietnam to the Communists.

Ray

Thank you, I'll let DH know.  He was with Intelligence there in 1969-70. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, garlictown said:

😎Happy Monday morning from sunny California! 😎 I actually went in the pool (heated) yesterday for some "home style" water aerobics, lol!🙃

Thank you for the Plan B Daily and update.✏️

We've only visited Dubrovnik and Split....past sailings with Princess.🛳️

I took piano lessons for two years and probably can only play chop sticks, ha-ha!🎵

🙏 Prayers for all in need and have a good week. 🙏

As I said earlier, I took piano lessons for five years, and I still can’t play Chopsticks!  🙁

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Wow. Those gardeners are Lego's?

Yes they are!

We spent a few days in West Palm Beach after my retirement cruise (Nov/Dec 2015) visiting cousins. They recommended the Botanical Garden and I am glad they did. When we visited, they were having a special exhibit with lots of large Lego sculptures scattered throughout the grounds. I have posted many of them in past Daily threads and have a couple more to post in the future. Here are reposts of the previous sculptures - 

DSC_0611.thumb.JPG.26900f88d77164c2146d3241a83a07b5.JPGDSC_0621.thumb.JPG.ae8c603913568dff3647d923a1c71646.JPGDSC_0633.thumb.JPG.0f7e29f436df3dd077256b4569d03bbb.JPGDSC_0635.thumb.JPG.3399dfc60545edddd91cc19e06b385b9.JPGDSC_0658.thumb.JPG.8ad0bd603421c9c64d657fb30c133b75.JPGDSC_0676.thumb.JPG.80475a41ad130df786013134c33c6449.JPG

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and special thanks Rich! 
Hmmm,  Ann,  could the wine from Gilroy taste different because of the garlic🤷‍♀️
Carol, hope your DH has a better time today! 

We have enjoyed several visit to many spots in Croatia but not Rijeka, so thanks for the Photos!  

smoke and mirrors,   The theme here, yesterday we had an emergency alert due to wildfires burning out of control, blown by strong winds that were tipping semis over.   Last night, snow and more blowing winds!  

here’s what the locals think....

A0B8A1E5-3D22-4092-85B1-A9D20C2B2948.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We had a scare last night.  My DMIL was finished eating dinner in the community area near the nurses' station when she "collapsed".  She was in her wheelchair so it doesn't sound like she fell out of it, but just went unconscious.  Not choking, but shallow breathing and pupils not reactive.  She was put on oxygen and back to bed where they checked all her vitals. 

So sorry to hear this.

Roy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily Rich.

Kudos to Mom and Pop businesses and Piano Day (I used to play and still have my childhood piano).

Not a fan of smoke and mirrors.

Also a salute to National Vietnam War Veterans Day

I like the meal suggestion, as well as Roy's.

I haven't been to Croatia.

We got a lot of rain/wind/graupel yesterday. Tomorrow will be 70F and by Thursday night it will be in the 20's with a possible dusting of snow! That's why we can't plant yet.

@ontheweb Happy Birthday to your DW 🎉

@mamaofami I hope all goes well with the 2nd shot.

@StLouisCruisers I hope MIL is ok!

@Overhead Fred Those Lego sculptures are great!

Prayers for the care list and cheers to the celebration list.

Stay safe and wear your mask (numbers are trending up!)

• Like 19

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

My DMIL was finished eating dinner in the community area near the nurses' station when she "collapsed". 

Oh dear, glad she is ok and I hope this is a one off and doesn’t happen to her again.  Very scary, indeed.

• Like 8

Thought I would add a picture for National Vietnam War Veterans Day.  I was there in 1970 and again in 1972.  The number one souvenir that people sent home were large ceramic elephants, called BUFE (Big, Ugly, Funny, Elephants.  Obviously those who worked in the Post Office hated them.  I sent home three.  Here is one.P1010266.thumb.JPG.8dbdacb45a5d32684efc41c2fbbf372f.JPG

• Like 23

Good morning, all Dailyites and thanks to Rich, Roy and the rest of the posters.  Cheers to those celebrating and prayers for those that need them.  Holy Week is upon us, but all is quiet here.  Restrictions are eased a bit and there will be "drive-by" communion on Easter Sunday, but that is the only concession being made by our bishop.  I am quite happy with that.  I have almost forgotten what a "normal" life is like. There was an announcement that younger people with co-morbidities could get vaccinated, so DD looked up asthma, but one had to have been hospitalized within the past 3 years for it to "count".. so she will continue to wait for her turn.

• Like 17

Good morning everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

I will celebrate Mom and Pop business owners, my parents were technically one when I was young owning their own dental practice. Sad to see many close down due to the pandemic though. 

I’ve never played the piano but have many family members who play and a Second Cousin who plays professionally in Mexico. She is part of a group and I’ve seen a few performances on FB. 

The meal suggestion sounds good and so does Roy’s. Not sure what we will have tonight though. I forgot to post this picture of the Rabbit Ragu we made last week:

9282E33D-D66D-4AC5-9C32-103482864396.thumb.jpeg.69b5125f86f119fb8490ddc320bfb521.jpeg

It was very good and I froze 2 portions for leftovers. 

Yesterday I made a Crab and Spinach Quiche that was quite good. 

17AED3AD-42E9-4D4A-903C-35F5F36B0036.thumb.jpeg.6bac734b54c2e7d309d167e466970b30.jpeg

BTW, that’s my Saguenay wine glass. I have two and love them!

We haven’t been to today’s port but I’ve heard that Croatia is a great place to visit. 

Today is also Holi, a Hindu festival also known as the Festival of Colours and the Festival of Spring. I had never heard about before but have seen it several times on different TV shows recently. 

EE937F0C-92D3-42C3-B407-BB29EE939574.jpeg.f0c9439942e68ff0bbb02526b6a97e23.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 22

6 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Thought I would add a picture for National Vietnam War Veterans Day.  I was there in 1970 and again in 1972.  The number one souvenir that people sent home were large ceramic elephants, called BUFE (Big, Ugly, Funny, Elephants.  Obviously those who worked in the Post Office hated them.  I sent home three.  Here is one.P1010266.thumb.JPG.8dbdacb45a5d32684efc41c2fbbf372f.JPG

My Stepfather shipped one home as well. It’s green and much loved in our family. My son now has possession and I’ll see if he can send me a picture. 

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

I found an old picture with the Green Elephant. My mother always had a plant on top of it:

4524A1FA-0F8A-4C87-BD39-38FEA0AABC83.thumb.jpeg.5bb8ede4e10375db9f0233be2d508902.jpeg

(That’s my DGS on Christmas Eve a few years ago with my DS next to him)

• Like 20

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning!  It's sunny and cold (again) today.  The weather has been all over the chart here.  But I guess that's springtime for you.  The stir fry recipe for today looks and sounds good to me.  But those shots!  Good grief, that's a lot of work so I'll pass.

We had a scare last night.  My DMIL was finished eating dinner in the community area near the nurses' station when she "collapsed".  She was in her wheelchair so it doesn't sound like she fell out of it, but just went unconscious.  Not choking, but shallow breathing and pupils not reactive.  She was put on oxygen and back to bed where they checked all her vitals.  After a while she became more reactive.  Family was called and a hospice nurse went over immediately to check on her and report back to us.  She was much improved by then and she apparently had a good night and woke up well this morning.  No one has a clue what the issue was but she will be checked out again today.  We just hope this doesn't happen regularly now since we have no idea what caused her to have that happen.  I am so relieved I didn't have far worse news on her this morning.  I'm saying a prayer she is back to her old feisty self again now.😉

Today's port sounds interesting.  I've been to three other Croatian ports but never that one.  Of course I'd be thrilled to go there if cruising every starts up again.  Praying for that too!  If anyone has been there we'd love to hear what you have to tell us about it.  Meanwhile, I have a day off from posting photos.😋

That must have been so frightening for you and her. Hopefully she will not do a repeat.

• Like 9

Good morning, all! My brother was an amazing piano player, favouring classical music. My piano lesson days were brief and went badly. Smoke and mirrors would have been useful at the time. Carol, you also did poorly with piano as a child, but married someone trained at Juliard. Now THAT is having a back up plan!
The sun is shiny here and it’s a beautiful day, if a bit windy. And thanks to Ann, I have a new favourite word - cherriosity. It brings to mind a combination of cheerful and curious - life is a bowl of cherries, go explore it!

@StLouisCruiserswhat a fright with your MIL! I’m glad she’s OK. Hopefully that episode will be a one off!

Im off to enjoy the sun, so Happy Monday, on behalf of our BHB’s floor mats!

62062D51-E3F5-4C25-8B1E-F97B0046980C.thumb.jpeg.1e5d2a04ebba3ef94734e0bf5dc7fd81.jpeg

• Like 20

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Sometimes I hate myself!

My attempts to be funny, or tease a bit come across as criticism.  And YOU do NOT owe anyone an apology, Rich! Least of all me. 

Thank you for everything you do. 

Please don’t hate yourself!!  I love your humor!

• Like 10