Burgers? 24 hours?

Quillan

Hi All! 

We've just started planning for our second cruise, and SO's ONLY request for the ENTIRE trip is that whatever ship or cruise we choose have a place to get burgers 24 hours a day. So, any suggestions for cruise lines/ships that have 24 hour burgers? OR if you just want to share the best burgers you've had on a ship? Best hours of a burger place on a ship? Best middle of the night included room service burgers in a ship? All appreciated! 

Edited by Quillan

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic...

It would certainly be helpful to add the cruiseline and name of your ship.

Hi there! Sorry, must have been unclear, we don't have one yet. We are open to prettttty much anything at this point, and the starting point is the burgers. 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quillan said:

Hi there! Sorry, must have been unclear, we don't have one yet. We are open to prettttty much anything at this point, and the starting point is the burgers. 🤣

Wow...I think you're the first person on these boards that "BURGERS" was the starting point on which to choose a cruise :classic_ohmy::classic_tongue:

Well, you'll find burgers at most cruise buffets but after that, things get difficult.

For instance, on NCL, you have 24 hour "pub" food. You can get some fish and chips, hot dogs, wings but I don't think burgers are on there.

Often times you will have a "midnight" buffet. Options here will vary but you can generally get burgers at midnight buffets.

I've had burgers at midnight buffets on both NCL and Carnival lines. Been a while since I was on a RCL or Celebrity so I am not sure on their offerings.

Edited by pc_load_letter

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Wow...I think you're the first person on these boards that "BURGERS" was the starting point on which to choose a cruise :classic_ohmy::classic_tongue:

I believe it! hahaha, it's a little crazy,  but SO pretty much never has any big requests for trips? so if the one thing that will really make his first vacation in two years great is burgers whenEVER he wants, gotta at least try and make that happen!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

For instance, on NCL, you have 24 hour "pub" food. You can get some fish and chips, hot dogs, wings but I don't think burgers are on there.

Are you sure that you can get 24 hour "pub" food? Don't they serve normal, non-pub, breakfast during the morning? That's our experience but it was some years ago.

1 hour ago, Quillan said:

Hi All! 

We've just started planning for our second cruise, and SO's ONLY request for the ENTIRE trip is that whatever ship or cruise we choose have a place to get burgers 24 hours a day. So, any suggestions for cruise lines/ships that have 24 hour burgers? OR if you just want to share the best burgers you've had on a ship? Best hours of a burger place on a ship? Best middle of the night included room service burgers in a ship? All appreciated! 

Best 24 hour burgers on a ship is NCL but nothing compares to Sorrento’s pizza on RCI ships.

Holland America had an All American Hamburger at no additional charge on their 24 hour room service menu at one time. Smoked salmon, chocolate chip cookies, a triple decker club sandwich and more were also available. I never ordered room service. I do not know if that menu continued to be available up until the pandemic and I have no clue what may be available post pandemic.

We have ordered a hamburger on Princess 24 hour Room Service menu while on a TA cruise.  Found the Room Service hamburger better than those served pool side.   Just a basic burger nothing fancy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pris993 said:

We have ordered a hamburger on Princess 24 hour Room Service menu while on a TA cruise.  Found the Room Service hamburger better than those served pool side.   Just a basic burger nothing fancy.

Can you get it cooked rare?

• Like 1

Sorry, I should have mentioned no 24 hour burgers, outside possibly of room service. However, overnight room service menus have been getting slimmed down as well.

11 hours ago, clo said:

Can you get it cooked rare?

I believe the only options for burgers are well, well, and well.

• Like 2

I can't remember the last time I went on a vacation and didn't have a burger. I agree it's a must! For me, the fancy stuff takes the backseat to a good burger.

With that said, I do believe you are greatly limiting your options to revolve a vacation around this. There are very few 24/7 options, even fewer that are that memorable. 

On my last Carnival cruise, they were testing the new breakfast burgers (absolutely loved them by the way), they are available in the dining room for seaday brunch, and then at Guy's burgers until 6 most days. All are solid options, but I've learned to accept I'm not getting one at 2 am.

• Like 1

Cunard includes burgers on the QM2 24 hour room service menu. They likely are available at lunchtime in the Kings Court buffet or when the 'Boardwalk' is open up on deck 12 [I've never looked for one].

I did see [with some amusement] that the extra cost 'Steakhouse at the Veranda' restaurant menu includes burgers.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 12:12 PM, Quillan said:

Hi All! 

The 24 hour part seems to have died out based on the way the conversation is going, so I'll give a little more advice on cruise line burgers.  While not 24/7, consider that Carnival has Guys, Royal Caribbean has Johnny Rockets, and newer NCL ships have Margaritaville.  If any of those are burgers you prefer, you might want to look to those lines.  

Back to the original question, kind of ... burgers but not 24 hours a day. 

Some Princess ships have The Salty Dog Gastropub (https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/the-salty-dog-gastropub/salty-dog-menu.pdf).  Burger loving friends praised their meals.  If I remember correctly, the grill on deck - at least on some Princess ships - also offers Salty Dog burgers.

On 4/1/2021 at 8:11 AM, TheOldBear said:

Cunard includes burgers on the QM2 24 hour room service menu. They likely are available at lunchtime in the Kings Court buffet or when the 'Boardwalk' is open up on deck 12 [I've never looked for one].

I did see [with some amusement] that the extra cost 'Steakhouse at the Veranda' restaurant menu includes burgers.

having cruised the QM2 once this gave me a chuckle.  Thanks.