Port Canaveral begins vaccinating cruise ship crew

13 minutes ago, orville99 said:

https://www.portcanaveral.com/About/Recent-News/Port-Canaveral-First-Port-in-U-S-to-Support-COVID-

The local Fox channel reported that three Disney ships were in port yesterday getting their crews vaccinated.

good to hear!  With Port Canaveral and Galveston both vaccinating crew, this may help facilitate the return to cruising.    Hope Royal Caribbean takes the opportunity to get crew vaccinated, also.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

Good news..

I heard yesterday from a friend who is a crew member.  She has been told to report to Tampa for assignment to the Brilliance on July 17.  She has not been able to get vaccinated in her home country, but says Royal will vaccinate the crew.  Things are looking up.

Brenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, puerto penasco lady said:

I heard yesterday from a friend who is a crew member.  She has been told to report to Tampa for assignment to the Brilliance on July 17.  She has not been able to get vaccinated in her home country, but says Royal will vaccinate the crew.  Things are looking up.

Brenda

Is that a report date and then she has to quarantine for 2 weeks?  Exciting news!

Port of Miami is doing a pop up vaccination site at RCL’s terminal that is open to the public. With five ships in port, it wouldn’t take much imagination to get the crews of those five ships vaccinated as well

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Port of Miami is doing a pop up vaccination site at RCL’s terminal that is open to the public. With five ships in port, it wouldn’t take much imagination to get the crews of those five ships vaccinated as well

Which five ships are in Port? Thanks!

1 minute ago, Vera/Lee said:

Which five ships are in Port? Thanks!

According to cruisemapper:

Royal Caribbean Explorer

Disney Fantasy

MSC Meraviglia

Royal Caribbean Navigator

Carnival Sunrise

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nelblu said:

Ray of hope.  I'd like to hear about vaccination taking places in other ports,

Someone posted a tweet or something from M Bayley welcoming liberty and some E named shop. I'm on liberty so we only were looking for that one.

For miami tomorrow. Not port Canaveral. 

45 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Someone posted a tweet or something from M Bayley welcoming liberty and some E named shop. I'm on liberty so we only were looking for that one.

For miami tomorrow. Not port Canaveral. 

M Bayley posted photos of crew from Explorer getting vaccinated today at PortMiami! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, orville99 said:

https://www.portcanaveral.com/About/Recent-News/Port-Canaveral-First-Port-in-U-S-to-Support-COVID-

The local Fox channel reported that three Disney ships were in port yesterday getting their crews vaccinated.

Good news but not correct I think. I was at Fishlips yesterday and only the Dream  was there. Magic is in UK, Wonder on its way from Mexico. Fantasy was in Miami. 

One out of three ain’t bad.🙄

A look at Marine traffic today shows no cruise ships heading to PC. Should move the vaccination site to CoCoCay—- there are about 15 ships off the coast there. 

mac_tlc

The governor had to make a change to include outside workers providing service within the state to be included in the state vaccination program.  If not they would not have been eligible.

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Good news but not correct I think. I was at Fishlips yesterday and only the Dream  was there. Magic is in UK, Wonder on its way from Mexico. Fantasy was in Miami. 

One out of three ain’t bad.🙄

A look at Marine traffic today shows no cruise ships heading to PC. Should move the vaccination site to CoCoCay—- there are about 15 ships off the coast there. 

mac_tlc

These are vaccines that are part of the 2 states involved so they couldn’t send them out of the state.

11 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Is that a report date and then she has to quarantine for 2 weeks?  Exciting news!

I wonder the same   If she is scheduled to report to ship on July 17th, then get vaccinated then quarantine and wait for vaccine to be effective (if they are giving the one dose J & J).    

Does anyone know which vaccine they are administering at Port Canaveral and Galveston?