Sea Trials Margh
Rotterdam eta Trieste 5/7

Torquay UK
Eurodam Anchorage

0505USA.thumb.png.bdf00eaa39255220fa4ee26ac1b2c6d0.png

0505Europe.thumb.png.4a6f9842e7becab253e12d7eebdf6d7f.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the Cinco Daily, Rich.  3 great days and an interesting quote by Menninger.  I've crossed the equator both on Crystal and HAL, including on the Prinsendam, Amsterdam, and Zaandam.  I'll pass on the meal.  While I have 397 days on HAL, I have never been on a BHB between May 6 and 13.  In the interim I'll be using a few special meals from cruises in this time period.  My alternative for today is a custom prepared Lido omelet, last enjoyed on a BHB (Nieuw Statendam) May 5, 2019.

Today's care list:

Kakalina

myself facing cardiac surgery May 14

Welfare of furloughed crews

India

Garlictown recovering from arm surgery

StLouisCruiser’s sister needing valve surgery

NextOne DH recovering from surgery

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

Getaway for AncientWanderer

Rotterdam back at sea

Nieuw Statendam back at PE Sunday

StLouisSal starting drug trial

StLouisCruiser’s sister back home

Welcome home lindaler

Good surgery for NextOne DH

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the daily report and good morning all.  Since it’s raining here I don’t think it will be wise to bike to “school” today.  Love cartoons and wish Larson would make a full time comeback.  Happy Cinco de Mayo!  Today’s quote is what Dracula thought isn’t it?  I’ll take the fajitas but switch out the screwdriver for a margarita.  Wish me luck on my second Pfizer jab this afternoon. Prayers to all those in need.

• Like 16

Good morning, everyone.

It is kind of a rainy, gray day here.  From the weather forecast I think the April showers have taken over May as well.  It is cold today with a high of 48.  Yuck!

Rich, you threw me a curve on this one.   I couldn't find exactly what you offered for dinner, so I will come close.  At least, I hope I come close.

The first recipe doesn't have a picture that I can download and use, but looks like a good one.  I take that back.  Managed to download the picture.

https://www.mexgrocer.com/381-cincodemayo-fajitas.html

Fajitas.jpg.8379bcdf590105637d82911385c2af55.jpg

The second is a meal kit that can be ordered, but the ingredients are given so you could do it with your own ingredients.  

https://www.homechef.com/meals/cinco-de-mayo-steak-fajitas

If you can't find sazon seasoning in the grocery store, here is a recipe for what is in it.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/homemade-sazon-seasoning-mix/

https___asset.homechef.com_uploads_meal_plated_3192_homechef_Flat_Iron_Fajita_Feast__9_of_11_.jpg.a87a0e5643eff6c6ce64b5157d6a11ee.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, dfish said:

Rich, you threw me a curve on this one.   I couldn't find exactly what you offered for dinner, so I will come close.  At least, I hope I come close.

There have been comments in the past that the meal didn't fit the day so this morning I tried to make that happen. I found this:

https://www.yummly.com/recipe/CINCO-DE-MAYO-PLATO-FAJITA-2336407

CINCO DE MAYO PLATO FAJITA

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone.  It’s celebrated in our household happily 😉 

DD992469-D74F-4D77-80D4-246EEA5F42EB.jpeg.29612a2002c9dfcbbd7ee68f56a81e85.jpeg

I’ll happily celebrate by making DH a Mexican frittata.  The only thing I am missing is guacamole.  I’ll just have to run out and get some avocados and in celebration of Cartoonist day - make it as follows:

89366777-C7D0-47B1-8455-89575B515343.thumb.jpeg.0028de149b7c93983ef4073061166eb0.jpeg

The meal suggestion is great but we have fajitas often enough and for some reason, I rarely make DH frittatas.  It’s a popular meal for this day. 

DA085C08-51EE-4657-BEDD-A752D087EB19.thumb.jpeg.a366e31f468dd6ca0fa95837c58851ce.jpeg

Interesting quote.  I’ll pass on the screwdriver - it either has to a tequila based drink or wine 😉 

@Mr. Bostongood luck with your 2nd “jab” today.

We’ve crossed the equator and really enjoyed the fun ceremony for the Pollywogs & Shellbacks.  My pics are on my laptop so I will see if I can find them and post some.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them & 🥂 to everyone on the Celebratory list.

Have a great Hump Day & Cinco de Mayo everyone!!

8D75AE3D-3A03-4FA7-8D04-A787B5E2282B.thumb.jpeg.0c388ae8ca568cab20ae126dd058563c.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 33

Good morning everyone. I never rode a bike to school, but I did walk . It’s a gray day here and we’re expecting storms around mid day, just when I’m due to have a check up at the oncologist a half hour away.

Happy to hear everyone who was having surgery has made it through and hoping garlic town doesn’t have too much pain.

Stay safe everyone.

Carol

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  The weather is supposed to be improving today and even better the next few days.  For those who experienced tornadoes in the south the past few days that is very good news.

Not sure I'd want to ride a bike to school but I guess that would be better than walking which is what we did in elementary school.  Then school buses after that.  

The meal for the day looks delicious - all three of them!  Thanks to @dfish, @kazuand @richwmnfor the photos.  Maybe I can sweet talk DH into making us some enchiladas tonight. 

Thank you to the keeper of the lists, @rafinmd, because it must be a lot of note taking as the day goes on to keep up with us all.   

I've crossed the Equator many times so I will have to go back and find out when and how many times.  I'm sure we will see some interesting photos today!!

Be safe everyone and congrats to @Mr. Bostonon receiving your second jab today.💉

• Like 21

Morning all!

Just a quick visit to share the wine info. Will check in later. Stay well everyone!

This red has excellent ratings and a reasonable price. I would like to try a sip, but it may be a bit too intense for me. Several distributors with prices starting at $16.99.
Winemaker Notes
#34 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019
WS93 Wine Spectator: Black cherry, plum and currant flavors give this red a rich core of fruit, while leafy, licorice and mineral notes add complexity. Well-integrated tannins and gentle acidity focus the plush texture. Harmonious, showing good depth. Drink now through 2025.
JS93 James Suckling: This is rich and flavorful with lots of ripe-berry, spice and walnut character. Full body. Layered and intense with lots going on. Extremely long and flavorful.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Never rode a bike to school but we did walk. No buses. Did ride my bike around campus while in college. Does that count?

Happy Cinco de Mayo! We had fajitas last nite. Today we have friends coming over for dinner. 2 of them are leaving tomorrow to go back north and we always get together one last time before they leave. I will miss them over the summer but they will return after the holidays.

We crossed the equator on our 2019 S Pacific trip on the Eurodam. Great fun. Didnt know it was going to be our last trip for awhile!

Off to water aerobics and then prepare for our friends.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 17

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Happy Cinco de Mayo to everyone!  I did ride my bike to elementary school, but our high school was right across the street from our home.  I admire cartoonists - I sometimes wonder what goes on in their brains, they're so creative.  

A beautiful sunshiny day in the offing here, but not enough to put all those plants in outdoor pots yet.  We're expecting a driveway visit from friends who are coming to our city for a medical appointment - it's a 3.5 hr drive each way, so will pack them a little "care kit" each for the drive home.   I've got most of it put together already - granola bars, veggies and dip, pistachios, cheese, crackers, wet wipes, and a bottle of water.  And hand sanitizer.

Our DS advised last night that effective Friday, our DGS will be remote learning for the next 3 weeks as their city closes the schools to stem the tide.  I don't know how that's going to work out with mom working from home - it was easier when she was on mat. leave!  I know thousands deal with it every day, but as a grandmother, I worry.  It's what I get paid to do.  LOL

Love the meal suggestion, but we've decided it's Taco Wednesday (not Tuesday) tonight and have all the fixings for making them, so we'll be enjoying that on our deck tonight.  And wine.  (not a fan of tequila except in strawberry margaritas on a BHB)

Cinco.jpg.b6d0377b6d8e80496f239ec3a6db5489.jpg

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Roy.  So happy to see the good news for @garlictown , @StLouisCruisersDS, and @NextOne's DH.  Raising the wine glasses (and maybe the Aperol Spritz's, too!) to celebrate all on the happy list.  Be safe, stay well, wash your hands, wear your mask(s) and get your jabs!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Today's sunrise is from my 2019 combination of Nieuw Statendam Eastbound Transatlantic combined with a return on Queen Victoria QM2.  On May 5 I disembarked Nieuw Statendam in Amsterdam:

dawn0505.jpg

Roy

• Like 24

👍Thank You for the Daily, Rich....I posted late Tuesday night (California) while sitting/sleeping in a chair. Again, @rafinmd thank you for your 'Care' list. Never in a million years did I think I'd be mentioned.💕 The CC Family is so special...💗thank you all! Continued prayers for all in need.🙏

Katie 

• Like 22

8 minutes ago, garlictown said:

👍Thank You for the Daily, Rich....I posted late Tuesday night (California) while sitting/sleeping in a chair. Again, @rafinmd thank you for your 'Care' list. Never in a million years did I think I'd be mentioned.💕 The CC Family is so special...💗thank you all! Continued prayers for all in need.🙏

Katie 

Hope you're feeling okay, Katie.  Heal quickly!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I was kind of hoping today's port would be Huatulco.  On May 5, 2017 the Crystal Symphony docked there on the way from San Diego to the Panama Canal.  It happened that the same day the Amsterdam stopped Northbound returning to San Diego from the World Cruise.  We arrived in the morning, Amsterdam was due at 1PM.  As the time approached I went out on deck to watch for her arrival.

approaching.jpg

Crystal allows passengers to bring guests on board with prior arrangements and I was ready.  As the ship approached my guest was at the hatch calling out distances to the dock to the bridge and spotting her positioning.

myguest.jpg

I had arranged to meet @Copper10-8 at 2 and we took a quick walk through of the Symphony before  heading upstairs to the Trident Grill, Crystal's equivalent of Dive-In.   While our sandwiches were being cooked we relaxed with a beverage:

lunch.jpg

After lunch @Copper10-8 took me across the dock for a tour of the Amsterdam.  He has shown photos of the crew bar, "The Leaky Azipod" and there was also a ship's bell in the bar:

amsbell.jpg

We toured other areas including the laundry, stores area, and recycling area before going up to the bridge:

amsbridge.jpg

I'll close with a view of the two ships from the bridge wing:

bridgeview.jpg

Roy

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all! The other day I told you that DW was approved for her Global Entry renewal sight unseen. I was just notified that I have to report for an in person interview. I guess that I'm not as trustworthy. There were also military helicopters circling around here yesterday. That probably has more to do with the Fort Lauderdale Air Show this weekend than my apparent shadiness regarding Global Entry. At least I hope so.

Remember that $12,500,000.00 settlement regarding cruise telemarketing calls? I got my share of the largess yesterday. It came to $2.50. Once I pay for gas to run to the Trusted Traveler interview in the port next week, I'll have exhausted my share of the massive settlement. As long as the lawyers got their share, then I guess justice was served.

I'm a little bummed though. I was hoping to receive enough to tip the porters for our bags on the next cruise.

• Like 19
  • Haha 7

Good morning. Prayers to Roy, garlictown, next one, and Sandi's family. 

Thank you Rich for a great Daily today. We celebrated lunch yesterday at a Mexican restaurant and were too full to make the French Chicken from Debs recipe, so that's on for tonight.

Cartoonist Day:

image.png.4e6b6f12cae245555ae67cb6b33b8886.png

Cinco de Mayo:

image.png.3bce925bec72b373223241586bb086f3.png

• Like 20
  • Haha 2