Natural immunity and no vaccine shot

Hangman115

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

I know there are a lot of people who feel the same way, but don't want to argue with that side. You never get anywhere, and are just repeatedly, passive-aggressively, called a bad person.

This is my last comment on this thread for now. I was at a wedding yesterday. Hundreds of people and not a mask in sight. People getting married want to remember the memories of that day, not masks. I've yet to see any celebration where people want to enjoy that time masked up. What do I do? Do I rain my moral superiority over everyone? Do I talk bad about all of the people there? Do I wear a mask to "do my part?" Or do I accept the real world? I know for a fact that there are people there who have had health issues. In fact, even people very important to me. Does my moral shield protect them? I also know that most, if not all of them elected to get the vaccine to protect themselves. I think we all know well enough not to cough and sneeze in other people's faces so maybe we aren't complete heathens? Probably not. It was obviously just a bunch of uneducated, impolite, variant farms, putting freedoms before public health.

Geez OK we get it you hate masks🙄. The way you go on and on about it you would think wearing masks was the equivalent of waterboarding😒. First world problems much😂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I know there are a lot of people who feel the same way, but don't want to argue with that side. You never get anywhere, and are just repeatedly, passive-aggressively, called a bad person.

This is my last comment on this thread for now. I was at a wedding yesterday. Hundreds of people and not a mask in sight. People getting married want to remember the memories of that day, not masks. I've yet to see any celebration where people want to enjoy that time masked up. What do I do? Do I rain my moral superiority over everyone? Do I talk bad about all of the people there? Do I wear a mask to "do my part?" Or do I accept the real world? I know for a fact that there are people there who have had health issues. In fact, even people very important to me. Does my moral shield protect them? I also know that most, if not all of them elected to get the vaccine to protect themselves. I think we all know well enough not to cough and sneeze in other people's faces so maybe we aren't complete heathens? Probably not. It was obviously just a bunch of uneducated, impolite, variant farms, putting freedoms before public health.

Obviously you weren't at our Prime  Minister's wedding then. Maximum of 30 people, all wearing masks!

How is the death rate in the US at the moment?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Obviously you weren't at our Prime  Minister's wedding then. Maximum of 30 people, all wearing masks!

How is the death rate in the US at the moment?

The death rate and infection rate are dropping rapidly because the vaccination rate is over 60%. We are not wearing masks outdoors in my locality which has been one of the most cautious and it is only recomended indoors for the unvaccinated since this past Friday. Vaccination is working!!! Even with the refuseniks the rate of vaccination appears like it will be enough for a return to normality. 

I will be able to cruise unlike JoeBucks if he is still refusing to get vaccinated.....LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The death rate and infection rate are dropping rapidly because the vaccination rate is over 60%. We are not wearing masks outdoors in my locality which has been one of the most cautious and it is only recomended indoors for the unvaccinated since this past Friday. Vaccination is working!!! Even with the refuseniks the rate of vaccination appears like it will be enough for a return to normality. 

I will be able to cruise unlike JoeBucks if he is still refusing to get vaccinated.....LOL

US death rate is still high, but dropping. However, I doubt vaccination levels will reach the holy grail of 80%.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 9:59 AM, ontheweb said:

Yes, and it is a case of do as I say, not as I do as he continues to argue with the very people he tells everyone else are not worth responding to.

There is a difference between simply pointing out factual errors in a statement and engaging in argument with the apparently ineducable.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

US death rate is still high, but dropping. However, I doubt vaccination levels will reach the holy grail of 80%.

A rate of 70% seems doable here in the US. Helping that is the J&J one dose shot is becoming widely available again. For example thay were giving them at the beach and since it was only one dose they got a lot of takers. Some people are not refuseniks, they are simply non ambitious. Also some in the US have difficulty getting off work or could lose a pay day.  Eventually they will get vaccinated. A rate of 80% probably won't be reached because a certain percentage of the population are nincompoops. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

A rate of 80% probably won't be reached because a certain percentage of the population are nincompoops. 

Are you talking about my new home state of Florida?  We are currently at 38% fully vaccinated and stalling.  Maybe we can hit 40% in the next month?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Are you talking about my new home state of Florida?  We are currently at 38% fully vaccinated and stalling.  Maybe we can hit 40% in the next month?

FYI, as of May 24, 25 of the 50 states, plus DC, have fully vaccinated 50 % or more of their adult population.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

FYI, as of May 24, 25 of the 50 states, plus DC, have fully vaccinated 50 % or more of their adult population.

Which means that only half the states have reached 2/3 of the percentage deemed essential for general protection - with the other half falling far short. 

Pretty damn depressing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Which means that only half the states have reached 2/3 of the percentage deemed essential for general protection - with the other half falling far short. 

Pretty damn depressing.

I agree. 

I had hoped that as the vaccines are approved for children these percentages would get a boost but that alone will not bring us up to numbers required for herd immunity. 

I just checked the numbers for 12 to 18 year olds and they aren't very encouraging.  According to the New York Times Vaccine Maps (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html#by-state) detailing the percentage of residents in that age group receiving at least one shot, only Vermont is above 50% (they are at 51%), and many states' percentages are in the teens and single digits.

7 hours ago, capriccio said:

I agree. 

I had hoped that as the vaccines are approved for children these percentages would get a boost but that alone will not bring us up to numbers required for herd immunity. 

I just checked the numbers for 12 to 18 year olds and they aren't very encouraging.  According to the New York Times Vaccine Maps (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html#by-state) detailing the percentage of residents in that age group receiving at least one shot, only Vermont is above 50% (they are at 51%), and many states' percentages are in the teens and single digits.

12-15 have only been able to get the shot for what, almost 3 weeks? I heard pushing 20% in the 12-15 year old group have one shot. That doesn't sound bad. Yes, could be better, for sure.

10 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

That is true.  But Floriduh ain't one of them.  38.1% are fully vaccinated as of Friday's statewide count.  And our Gov wants all Floridians, vaxxed or not, to board any cruise ship they'd like. If a settlement isn't reached, cruise lines homeporting from Florida will either leave to homeport elsewhere in other states or incur fines of $5,000 everytime they ask a passenger for proof of vaccination.

36 minutes ago, evandbob said:

That is true.  But Floriduh ain't one of them.  38.1% are fully vaccinated as of Friday's statewide count.  And our Gov wants all Floridians, vaxxed or not, to board any cruise ship they'd like. If a settlement isn't reached, cruise lines homeporting from Florida will either leave to homeport elsewhere in other states or incur fines of $5,000 everytime they ask a passenger for proof of vaccination.

Reported elsewhere, DeSantis has found a compromise.  His Executive Order (and the subsequent law) never applied to cruise ships, because "once you step aboard, you are in international waters". His EO and the law only applies to restaurants, hotels, bars in Florida. 

As I predicted several times, a loophole  or face saving measure. 

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Reported elsewhere, DeSantis has found a compromise.  His Executive Order (and the subsequent law) never applied to cruise ships, because "once you step aboard, you are in international waters". His EO and the law only applies to restaurants, hotels, bars in Florida. 

It’s been years since I cruised from a Floriduh port, do any add a tax to bar drinks while in port?

13 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Pretty damn depressing.

Drill down a little in those "highly vaccinated" states and you will find unfortunate pockets where people are not vaccinated.  As anecdotal data - my town is over 50% vaccinated adults, but my county is only about 25% vaccinated.  And it is not from lack of access to the vaccine...

5 minutes ago, CPT Trips said:

It’s been years since I cruised from a Floriduh port, do any add a tax to bar drinks while in port?

This was the first result on a Google search for "are taxes charged on drinks on a cruise ship while in a Florida port" - 

There is a post in the thread that specifically addresses the Florida port, it's related to Port Canaveral.

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Sounds fishy.  International waters do not begin at the shore.

46 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Insulting people to get them to do what you want is an excellent strategy.

Not sure why you think my praise for the use of the word "nincompoopery"  amounts to an insult.

Just to say, anyone that has recovered from covid will have likely life long immunity.

People who survived SARS in 2003, which is a coronavirus that differs 20% from covid, when they were tested for immune response to covid, were found to mount a perfect immune response.

This means immunity lasts 18 years, and in all likeyhood a life time. 

And whatever "Variants" come along, they differ by under 0.5% from the original Wuhan Lab made covid,  so will be no problem for our amazing immune system.

From the respected British Medical Journal.

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3563

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Not sure why you think my praise for the use of the word "nincompoopery"  amounts to an insult.

The anti-vaxxers see ANY comment about their failure to understand, or even consider following, the recommendations of thinking and knowledgeable people as an insult. 

It is very difficult to educate the ineducable.

Edited by navybankerteacher

2 hours ago, nafanny29 said:

Just to say, anyone that has recovered from covid will have likely life long immunity.

No they won't, which is why people who have had Covid are strongly recommended to be vaccinated. 

Both the UK Prime Minister, and the Health Minister, both of whom have had Covid, have been vaccinated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

No they won't, which is why people who have had Covid are strongly recommended to be vaccinated. 

Both the UK Prime Minister, and the Health Minister, both of whom have had Covid, have been vaccinated. 

And the 45th President of the USA also had Covid, and then had his vaccinations.

• Like 1