I’m probably an idiot, but I just booked a July cruise from FL

Elkins45

I probably just gave Celebrity a bunch of my money to hold into for a year, but I just booked the July 25 eastern Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale along with flights thru Celebrity. I guess I have some skin in the game now. We’ve never sailed on Celebrity so our fingers are crossed...

• Like 2

I agree- we have to move forward. Well done! I am the same- always the optimist. LOL.

I did almost the same- I booked the Inaugrual Cruise - Maiden Voyage of Apex, starting June 19th.-so in four weeks time.  Payment in full already and am very optimistic that the voyage is a " Go"- more and more so each passing day.

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Thanks 1

As long as you are flexible there are no issues.  Airline flights are likely to change along with the almost daily changes in cruise schedules and on board rules.  No for DH and self but am sure just fine for others.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Elkins45 said:

I probably just gave Celebrity a bunch of my money to hold into for a year, but I just booked the July 25 eastern Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale along with flights thru Celebrity. I guess I have some skin in the game now. We’ve never sailed on Celebrity so our fingers are crossed...

LOL - I am also booked on a Miami cruise (different line booked when I cancelled my Celebrity cruise for April 2021).

Hopefully, our only worry will be watching the tropical weather updates before our cruises.

11 hours ago, Elkins45 said:

Hey, we're right there with you. We have PIF cruises booked on the Edge in July and August, but we'll be driving down and back instead of flying. Right now the stars are lining up nicely for both the Edge and Equinox, but it will be a big relief once we finally hear both ships will be officially sailing on restricted cruises out of Port Everglades this summer. 😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dwight1 said:

Sounds good, but I haven’t booked as I find the weather in the Caribbean in the summer too hot snd humid. Done that and I stick to February and early March.

I just wanted to go somewhere. I’m sure I will roast in the sun. 

Don’t think the weather in the Caribbean will be any warmer than much of the U.S. in July.   You will always have trade-wind breezes and you will be well ahead of hurricane season.   We have flown to Florida three times this year with no airline schedule disruptions except that they have now added more flights.   As long as you are fully vaccinated you have little to worry about.   We are also taking a chance on the second cruise out of Greece.   You can’t hide under a rock forever and Celebrity intends to start cruising.

21 hours ago, Elkins45 said:

It’s a wonderful quality to be an optimist!

We spent two weeks on St. John in July and the weather was actually very nice [and I hate heat and humidity].  Prices were lower and nothing was crowded [this was pre-Covid by many years], and locals were complementing us on our good sense in enjoying their year-round weather at low-season prices.

I'm with you! Pulled the trigger on Edge for the end of July ... I've been dying to go on that ship and the itinerary was interesting enough for me and the other half with plenty of at-sea time to explore everything the ship has to offer! 

Just booked my pre and post-cruise hotel tonight too! 

On 5/21/2021 at 9:04 PM, jelayne said:

We are not quite that optimistic, we booked for October.  But we do believe that cruising from the US will start this summer.

Hi, Joan! 

Well, we were going to wait until our Med/TA in October/November for our first cruise but when they opened up Alaska on Thursday we jumped on it (HAL) and are now waiting to see X's prices because they are running Friday-Friday and HAL is running Saturday-Saturday and not identical itineraries so conceivably we could do X, spend a night in Seattle at the end, then board HAL on Saturday.  🤭 (of course have to convince John to do both)

Hope you guys are doing well!  Any plans to head up here this summer?

We booked Equinox for August a couple of weeks ago.  I’m being optimistic as well!  I’m considering the Edge for the week before now.  I’m so hoping to get some good news this week on the sailings. 

I just found out that my husband booked the Apex maiden voyage, on June 19th, two weeks ago. We are going to  celebrate our anniversary with 11 friends!! 🛳️🇬🇷🛳️

On 5/21/2021 at 9:23 PM, Elkins45 said:

We are on the same cruise with you! Hopeful that it's going to happen. Just watched the video shared by Ken the Cruiser. It sounds promising. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 10:23 PM, Elkins45 said:

I know you’re not an idiot, because I’m one, and you’re never at the meetings. 

- Joel

• Like 1
  • Haha 2