New menu in Le Bristro :-(

ShelleyQT

DH and I LOVE to eat at Le Bistro.  We usually eat there twice in a 7 day cruise.  I've been really looking forward to eating there again in our next cruise, coming up for New Years.  I watched the NCL videos for the return to service after Covid, and they spent a lot of time talking about how much they are changing the menu at Le Bistro.  In the same breath, they talk about how Le Bistro is the most popular specialty restaurant in their fleet.  If it's so popular, why do they want to change the menu so much?  I understand refreshing it a bit, but I hope they don't change it too much.  I still haven't gotten over the time that they removed the cream from the "cream sauce" in the mussels appetizer.  😕

59 minutes ago, ShelleyQT said:

DH and I LOVE to eat at Le Bistro.  We usually eat there twice in a 7 day cruise.  I've been really looking forward to eating there again in our next cruise, coming up for New Years.  I watched the NCL videos for the return to service after Covid, and they spent a lot of time talking about how much they are changing the menu at Le Bistro.  In the same breath, they talk about how Le Bistro is the most popular specialty restaurant in their fleet.  If it's so popular, why do they want to change the menu so much?  I understand refreshing it a bit, but I hope they don't change it too much.  I still haven't gotten over the time that they removed the cream from the "cream sauce" in the mussels appetizer.  😕

Oh my!  I hope they are not making huge changes.  This is hands down, my favorite speciality restaurant.  My DH and I eat at least 2 times during our cruise at Le Bistro.  I dream about this place.  Hard to find a really good French restaurant in the area I live in.  

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be too worried. No marketing department is going to let anyone say “we’ve made some changes to the Le Bistro menu, but not too much has changed really. It’s basically the same menu with a few minor differences”.

• Like 1

On our last Encore trip in 2019 Le Bistro was not good at all. It was our favorite in every NCL trip before then. These things change all the time, maybe it’ll be for the better. 

I think the prices are high. I prefer the fixed price with a limit of one selection per category. I've already paid for dinner in the main dining room so that makes me think twice before paying twice for dinner. My favorite had been Moderno. 

Dinner at Le Bistro is a great perk for being Platinum. I always had a hard time choosing between the Dover sole and rack of lamb, both of which were outstanding. Now, both are priced over $35, which is the max limit for an entree in the Platinum dinner perk. It was only about 4 or 5 years ago when the limit was $20 and no entree except the lobster (which isn't even on this more recent menu) was priced above that.