I normally HATE questions like this, BUT.....

Think i can make an 11am flight out of FLL after docking in Port Everglades?

No I don't want to carry off myself.   But I will have access to the Suite Concierge who can help us get whatever departure tag we need.

I normally believe in paying more for the right times, but the price difference between the 11am and the 12:15pm is more than $1,600. 

That's an overwater cabana in CocoCay.  lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have no idea if you can make ( customs is most likely the deal breaker) it, but dang, $1600 for an hour difference is worth asking about.  I know your previous air2sea experience was a challenge, but would be the way to go, for timing this close

1 hour ago, Qextor said:

Can you go home a day later?  A hotel room is certainly going to cost less than $1600, and puts off that 'return to reality' a little longer.

air fare is even higher the next day.....   

#Thanksgivingcruise

Are you checking any bags with the airline? Does Port Everglades have direct luggage transfers? Checking in luggage can be a bit of a hassle for a while due to airline staffing issues. I have recently experienced 1hr+ wait times to check a bag with both American and Delta. The significant issues seem to be at the hubs (DFW and ATL) and busy airports (LAS), but smaller airports may not be a problem, I just wouldn’t count on it for the next 6 months or so while airlines get people rehired and retrained. 

5 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

No I don't want to carry off myself.   But I will have access to the Suite Concierge who can help us get whatever departure tag we need.

I normally believe in paying more for the right times, but the price difference between the 11am and the 12:15pm is more than $1,600. 

You'll have no problem and plenty of time to spare.  The airport is only a stone's throw away.  Remember you are docking at 6AM.

I have an upcoming Allure in late January and originally I booked a United flight leaving FLL at 10.  However, United changed it to 11:30 and I'm annoyed as I will be spending more than 2 hours at the airport.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

It’s very easy to get to the airport by 8:00am. That’s 3 hrs prior to the flight.  I’ve traveled 3 times in 2021 and the airport lines are not excessively long. So I say yes, go for it. 
That said, I would walk off at 7:00-7:30.

Isn't 11AM the normal early cut off time for normal disembarkation?  Seems like the one you can choose for a time range to get off.

With a suite departure- I fully agree that you will have no problems.  Well, assuming you are flying out of FLL and not MIA (LOL...).

Backtracking time- 11am departure to 9-9:30 at the airport to 8:30-9am outside for a taxi pick up to 7:30-8:15 or so exit off the ship.  I'm sure that's possible.  

6 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Pre COVID you would have a near 100% chance of making this flight. Post COVID I still think you would not have any problem. Perhaps you should get an estimate how early the airport is recommending you get there but if it is two hours .... you will have no problem getting to the airport by 9AM.

Before the pandemic...they used to have "luggage valet" service... they would take your bag and check it straight through. Not for all airlines... and the ones that participate have rules on how early the flight can be..... as I recall for Delta the flight would have to be after 11:30. You might contact Royal and see if 1) they are going to have this program 2)what is the earliest flight..if your airline is participant. It cost about $25/pp...but well worth it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Can't you simply wait until some cruises have started out of Florida to see how disembarkation goes?  I have a 11/28 cruise and don't plan on buying my air until August, (unless a really great price pops up.)

Edit - your post prompted me to start looking at airfares.  Thanks.

Edited by mek

Just now, JFontaine said:

I don't see how Covid changes debarkation unless you have a major problem.

Like embarkation, they may or will have socially distanced and strictly enforced disembarkation, which is likely to be much slower than pre-COVID.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

I don't see how Covid changes debarkation unless you have a major problem. I'd go for it. Upgrading to first class would help you at the airport and be a nicer ride home. 

From the live thread of adventure you have to sign up for your departure time. So no cattle call like before and I think the form said "preferred time" so you might not be guaranteed a time. I'd think it's likely to be similar on US cruises especially since they're not the official vaccinated cruises. 

The question is whether at the end of Nov the cruise will still be under a CSO or if the CDC doesn't renew it.

• Like 1