Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0626USA.thumb.png.bde5a4ebff5ef83dc3c710912919e59b.png

0626Europe.thumb.png.e49817506b81d0601fa6d6f058cc9b9a.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

An interesting collection of days.  I hope to see my beautician soon, I need a hair cut.  I hope I forgive people, holding a grudge is not good for my health.  We all have to "paddle our own canoe".

Amusing quote.  I miss seeing Joan on the Shopping Channel.

The dinner suggestion sounds good to me.  Hope the wine and drink of the day are good too.

It's a wet weekend for us - about 100mm (4inches) of rain forecast. 

Sending prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 21

Thank you for the Saturday Daily, Rich.  Beauticians enrich all our lives, either through their direct customers or the customer's friends.  Forgiveness is golden, Canoes are very versatile.  I've been to Key West a number of times including both the Maasdan and Ryndam.  Interesting Joan Rivers quote.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Iced Melon Bisque, Fruit Cup au Natural, and Grilled Lamb Chops with Oregano and Apple Chutney as served on MS Prinsendam July 21, 2015.  I didn't actually choose it because I had lunch in the Pinnacle Grill and wanted a very light dinner.  Without the Pinnacle lunch that is what I would normally have chosen.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews

Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery

Western wildfires

JazzyV awaiting eye surgery

Kakalina awaiting radiation for aggressive cancer

Sam awaiting cat scan results

Surfside, Florida

700 new indigenous graves found at former school

From the rotation:

Tana starting to deal with Pulmonary Fibrosis
Kakalina awaiting radiation for aggressive cancer

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Jabs for HAL crew at Los Angeles, San Diego and Fort Lauderdale

Lasyv and son in Sedonia for a week

St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip

Family visiting highland cruiser

StLouisCruiser DGS

Mr Boston visiting mom in Michigan

cunnorl’s niece visiting

second jab for Ger_77 DS

Birthday lunch for Mamaofami

and Sabine, HAL’s newest Staff Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, everyone! 

Well, our rain must have evaporated because it never really came.   Instead, it is another beautiful day in northeast Ohio.  I'm going to get out and walk before it gets hot.   It is supposed to be 88 here today.  Fortunately, I have all the heavy deck work done.  Furniture is back in place and all that is left is to enjoy.

@mamaofami Happy Birthday to you!    I hope you get the chance to celebrate again when Sam comes home.   

Today's meal sounds good, but a bit heavy for a hot day.   I'd also have to replace the pasta.   

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/pappardelle-with-lobster-and-corn-recipe-2268940

39585820_pappardellewithlobsterandcorn.jpeg.3c80df75c9a6bb83d9079bb49da08e5e.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Love my beautician, saw her yesterday so I no longer look like a shaggy dog.  I try to forgive, but sometimes it's hard.  I've never been in a canoe.  Joan Rivers was a very funny lady.  I, too, miss her on the shopping channel.  Prayers and virtual hugs for our care list and toasts to our celebrations.  I've been to Key West many times, will look for photos and post later.  Stay safe, social distance, and continue to wear your mask.

I didn't find the exact drink, Far East Legacy, but found one for Far East side:

Directions

cocktail-glass.svg

Muddle 2 shiso leaves in mixing glass. Add remaining ingredients and stir with ice. Strain through wire sieve into chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with shiso leaf. Serve in a Cocktail Glass.

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 7.34.57 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Saturday smile 🙂 

An interesting collection of days.  Love my hairdresser and forgiveness is so key to letting go and moving on.  Can’t celebrate canoe day.  If I got in one, I’m pretty sure I would end up like this:

B739A25A-77BF-442A-95A2-A9EB7DD3EFD5.thumb.jpeg.1187d7fcb34eb55bab25d5a4b395590b.jpeg

Love the quote by Joan.  She was a true artist a humour.

Happy Birthday Carol @mamaofami I hope it is a great one!

8A7587CA-2FE8-441A-91D4-4AD63BE94650.gif.4dc58428b6f4d379a9af8843ff026134.gif

Absolutely loved Key West and the Ernest Hemingway’s house and his 6 toed cats’ descendants.  Some call them “money cats”.

Garden Club Participants - warning - if you have an “assistant” like my DH who wants to help and offers to get supplies, make sure he knows what the heck he is doing.  Jose offered to pick up some more potting (planter) soil for me.  He came home with 3 bags of topsoil 😡. What do you mean you can’t use that, he asked?  It’s soil.  😌  I was kind of like this:

BE245B89-9037-4EFF-9BC5-1C8954C55922.thumb.jpeg.cf90d4db60add9dcf384649737ddc8c4.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them (and an extra one for Joe) and 🥂 to everyone on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

6E50D593-E283-45E8-8720-13395E54088A.thumb.jpeg.dc8333cf64b68503026f8ea58ce15d25.jpeg

Stay safe everyone & don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I didn't find the exact drink, Far East Legacy, but found one for Far East side:

Before @richwmn began the official DoD @fatcat04 wrote:

We both also really liked the Far East Legacy cocktail in the Tamarind Bar. Absolut Mandarin, Asian Pear Sake, St. Germaine Liqueur, Cointreau, and peach puree. Very tasty and easy sipping.

• Like 17

Good  morning  everyone!  It  is  warm  and  muggy  here and  Fred  the  busy  dog  has  already  been walking before  it  gets  too  hot. Our  temperatures  are  nothing  like   what  the  Pacific  Northwest  is  going  through so  I  will  not  complain.

The  hairdresser  is  certainly  to  be  celebrated as  she  cut  5  inches  of  curly(frizzy) hair and  transformed  me  from  "Hippie  Grandma"  to  "Regular  Grandma" . DGD  and  DGS  told  me  it  was  much  better  when  we  visited  on  Facetime  recently.

The  last  time  I  was  in  a  canoe  was  in  Haines,  Alaska. It  was  an  excursion  to  a  glacier  that  involved  a  boat,canoe  and  hiking. Beautiful.

Forgiveness  is  essential  to  moving  on  and  just  living  well. And  Joan  Rivers  was  a  very  funny  woman.

I  went  to  Key  West  way  back in  the  time  machine. I  drove  down  to  Florida  from  college  in  Boston  with a  group  of  friends. I  was  enchanted  with  the  6  toed

cats  and  the  people  who  gathered  everyday  to  cheer  for  the  sunset. I  had  never  been  out  of  the  Northeast and  it  made  me  want  to  travel  more  and  more!

Terry

• Like 23

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! I know Beauticians are much more appreciated after last year’s shutdowns. I will toast mine for sure!
Forgiveness is important, but some things should never be forgotten. Heading out in my kayak early, so I will celebrate canoe day that way. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyite family! Lovely morning here. LOL at Joan’s quote. Meal sounds great. I might try it with zoodles, and half & half. Pass on the drink. 

I have never cruised to Key West, but I have visited several times. Sorry, some pics will just not allow me to reduce their size for posting. 
A couple of sunsets: one from a kayak on the Eastern side of Key West…

7C697D2B-55FB-4044-BA8D-239DEEAC3510.thumb.jpeg.07344e36d6843586e67fd77a6f7acc7f.jpeg

one from the water on our wine tasting cruise. 

A6276481-C5CF-483C-8780-90F26AB2CB2C.jpeg.48dbc111d848a18b92be769c5c0afb05.jpeg

Some resident cats of the Hemingway House.

02C300EC-A150-44E4-8334-AB771203DDE7.thumb.jpeg.10465fb00ff691877432ddf60e190277.jpeg

This one was checking out my purchases…

826F1DCE-DAC3-46EE-9C81-688A9CF63098.jpeg.1964464b9796892d643473241448d77e.jpeg

Several residents of the Butterfly & Nature Conservatory. 

176B915C-3E42-4371-BDA3-779969225A2D.jpeg.c9184c21019dc2350151b3336f1de5fe.jpeg

D8D34B07-BE0B-43CB-A911-92B5A45EA1C2.thumb.jpeg.f3143e864e13d14bff7082295a4e337a.jpeg

F51E91A5-ACFD-4440-AB1B-E41288261609.thumb.jpeg.7d81094196241378985f9ec0ba12b1da.jpeg

Wrapping up with Finn, the resident cat at Angelina’s Guest House. 
F75DB20F-AA29-4D6E-8D4B-ECD7209CB626.jpeg.81f77838a62ee35fc22073c06f77f55d.jpeg 

Prayers for all who need our support, especially Joe. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Chateau des Trois Tours Bordeaux - France

This red blend has all the right components of a great wine, but the released vintages, at best, have good ratings (below 85). But since it is reasonably priced $7.49 - $12.99 a bottle, you might want to try it. If all else fails, cook with it. 
Reviewer notes

The Château des Trois Tours vineyard is situated in Caumont in Gironde, one of the highest parts of the Entre-Deux-Mers region, at 100 metres above sea level. The vineyards covers over 12 hectares and produces subtle and smooth wines with just enough tannins when young that become full-bodied and intense after aging. This wine has a nice clear ruby color. A pleasant intense nose with aromas of lightly caramelised red fruit, cherry and blackcurrant, and a subtle attack on the palate revealing volume owing to the tannins. A mature
wine that will reveal all of its charm after aging. Ideal when served between 58°F and 62°F.

Food Suggestions
Ideally served with magret duck breast, all red meats, and a selection of cheese.

Blend: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Happy Birthday @mamaofami

We are back from our couple of days in Killarney and now have a week of dog sitting for our DD and family who are going to Dingle for a week Staycation!

This is Milo, who is a rescue dog.  DD has him just over a year now.  He is really timid and scares easily.  But, as they say here, he is a 'dote'.

20210626_124921.thumb.jpg.fb0d5814121e1e4326cb07fe26225c23.jpg

20210626_125049.thumb.jpg.c15def859a71fc95d9c95a9b5df694c8.jpg

I think we have had that wine on a BHB.  Isn't it one of the wines on the Wine Cellar Packages?

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Like 27

Good Morning:

I got my own canoe when I was 15 and have enjoyed canoeing ever since. It looks like a significant part of the US is experiencing extreme weather. If is happening where you live, be careful and be safe. Hydrate and avoid overheating.

Both Rich's and Roy's meal suggestions sound wonderful.

Joan River's quote is great - it reminds me of Orwell's comment on equality: "Some are more equal than others".

• Like 18

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I love my beautician - who I refer to as more of a magician than beautician.  She transforms me from a multi-hued shaggy dog into a rather decent looking human in just over an hour.  Forgiveness isn't always easy, but it's the best thing a person can do for themselves. 

I used to love canoeing - there's nothing so tranquil as being in a canoe on one of our gentle rivers, with only the sound of the birds singing and the canoe paddle dipping into the water.  I'd love to go again some day.

Joan Rivers was certainly a great business woman - she knew how to market herself, whether it was as a comedian or with her products.

Another warm day coming up, so that means heading into the yard to make sure all the plants are well watered, and that the fountain is topped up.  The birds (robins, finches and sparrows) have been using the fountain as their personal bath house, which is always fun to watch as they splish and splash around.

Happy Birthday to @mamaofami, I hope you enjoy your lunch today, and the celebrations together when Sam gets home.

Because it's so warm, there won't be any indoor cooking happening today - I did get groceries yesterday, so will be making Thursday's lemon garlic salmon for dinner tonight in the toaster oven on the deck.  Accompanied by a rice vegetable salad, it will make a nice plate for us this evening.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Joe.  Raising the glasses to toast all on the celebration list.  Stay safe, be well, wash your hands and wear your masks!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 23

11 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

We are back from our couple of days in Killarney and now have a week of dog sitting for our DD and family who are going to Dingle for a week Staycation!

Dingle is another favorite of mine.  I have ancestors that came from the area where counties Limerick, Kerry and Cork meet.   I've visited that area several times and love to tour around to see the landscapes.  I remember there are some caves on the way between Abbeyfeale and Killarney and the restaurant there had the best mushroom soup.   

Doing genealogy was interesting because we always had to check three counties.   In my great grandfather's family, some of the kids were born in Limerick, some in Kerry and others in Cork.   I always enjoyed my trips to Ireland.

• Like 19

Great, I get to follow POA1 toilet post!

Good morning Rich and thanks for the Daily. Good weekend to all Daily-ites. 

When I was young I would go down to Camp Algonquin and take a canoe onto the Fox River. Would come home with a zillion mosquito bites, but it was worth it.

I believe everyone should try to forgive but as Ann said not always easy to forget. 

Today will be another hot one here. 95. But our friends back in Coeur d'alene say it will be triple digits today and tomorrow is the Iron Man race. 

Happy Birthday to @mamaofami and prayers for your Sam.

Off to clean up our patio from last nights windstorm. 

Blessings,  Cheers and Prayers 

• Like 21