Lanyards for Sea Pass-- the are probably no longer needed, right?

1 hour ago, sixbirches said:

I have no problems using new technology on the ship. Personally, I think it’s great and I’m really happy with RC for making their app better and more useful.  I use the camera frequently on my phone, so I don’t see it as a hassle at all to carry my phone. I’m also a big fan of Wow bands - loved them on our Anthem cruises. 

Change is good.

I’d be fine trying out one of the bands…

Just now, poocher said:

So are WOW bands like the Disney magic bands?  Are they available on Harmony?  We are very used to the Disney ones.

I think so, just not sure what ships offer them at this point..

you will need SOMETHING to securely carry sea pass, phone, or anything else you decide you need on board.  The older ships do not issue wow bands.  Listen to no one who tells you what looks good and what doesnt.  None of there business.  Pockets work.  Lanyards work.  Cross body little pouches work.  Waist bands with pouches work.  Your chice.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

I think to really upset people, I'll wear a lanyard for the sepass card, and then another with my phone.  And wear the band.

I think the only one who will be annoyed is you having to carry all the added weight on your neck. Might want to pack a neck brace too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The app is not yet foolproof. I'm being pinged to attend safety briefing for the last hour. on Freedom today. Only problem is I'm going on Friday!!!

At least I know how it should work on Friday, if I am allowed to sail Friday!!

Royal IT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

DW and I have never used a lanyard in 30 yrs. If you can carry a phone you can carry a cruise card.

Agree , having one of those around my neck would remind me of attending a conference. I try to forget those work memories . I bring clothes with pockets when i cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

The app is not yet foolproof. I'm being pinged to attend safety briefing for the last hour. on Freedom today. Only problem is I'm going on Friday!!!

At least I know how it should work on Friday, if I am allowed to sail Friday!!

Royal IT

My app is giving me directions to my next embarkation port - Sydney, Australia - for my Alaska cruise from Seattle next month!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Now I'm embarrassed.  I have always used a lanyard.  I had no idea how unfashionable I looked.  I'm going to have a lanyard burning party tonight!

I believe on one of your posts I said you were probably too cool to use a lanyard :classic_wink:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Now I'm embarrassed.  I have always used a lanyard.  I had no idea how unfashionable I looked.  I'm going to have a lanyard burning party tonight!

Lanyards are cool, you never lose your card after a few too many drinks 😁 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I believe on one of your posts I said you were probably too cool to use a lanyard :classic_wink:

I'm not one of the cool kids anymore.  I am slowly descending in boringdom.  My cool days are behind me. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm not one of the cool kids anymore.  I am slowly descending in boringdom.  My cool days are behind me. 🙂 

Many of you're posts are very interesting and informative...Don't sell yourself short :classic_biggrin:

13 hours ago, poocher said:

When you HAVE pockets. None of my sun dresses do.

It's easy for men, majority of their clothes have pockets, even their bathing suits.   My DH rarely uses his lanyard.

But for us woman, majority of our clothes dont have pockets.   

Time to design cruisewear for woman with pockets!!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Do not use a Lanyard.

It is horrible look.

Act like you have been there before...

I have been there before many, many times. Still love my lanyards. Some of us don't care what the others think of our look. I'm more concerned  with content of character .

Why so "judgey"? 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Those work really poorly if you have anything but a flat abdomen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1