The Daily for Friday July 23, 2021

richwmn

Thank you for our Friday Daily, Rich! I would like to propose that we declare tomorrow “HAL resumes cruising day”. I am so excited, you’d think I was going. And it is more than hot enough for me, thanks for asking. 

Thank you for taking care of our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyite family!
@summer slope have a wonderful day!

9F257492-C1E7-45B7-BC66-81383DE489DD.jpeg.ae422fac6e26476ebe09e93dc5cbc511.jpeg

More big rain is heading my way, so I am trying get Bindi’s big walk in early. We will see how I do. 

Prayers  for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Vincenzo Ippolito Cirò White Mare Chiaro 2018

This white has an excellent rating, but might be a bit difficult to find. I found one online distributor who offers it for a very reasonable $14.99. I am curious about this one. I suspected it was sweet until I read “lip smacking acidity”. Now I am going to put it on my list for those light wine occasions. 

Winemaker Notes

#77 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

Bright straw yellow with pale green notes. Shows with an intense, persistent aroma of ripe tropical fruit, pear, peach and white flowers. The palate is fresh and Mediterranean with a charming mineral finish.

This wine pairs excellent with raw fish, pasta, grilled fish, and white meats.

WS90 Wine Spectator: An aromatic, light-bodied white, with lip-smacking acidity and a subtly chalky texture, this offers flavors of melon, jasmine and pink grapefruit pith. Minerally finish. Drink now through 2022.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 30

Good morning everyone. I love today’s collection of days. I will have to tell my five grandsons about their beautiful grandma. Today my daughter and the aide will take Sam to the VA to check on his hearing aides that aren’t working.

Have a great day, everyone.

Carol

• Like 24

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Happy Friday.  I'll tell my DGS about his gorgeous Grandma.  LOL  I love Vanilla Ice Cream the best.  And it's going to be 100 today so it's hot enough, thank you.  Will print and save the meal, it looks and sounds fantastic.  Have not been to today's port, looking forward to the photo's.  Would love to be on the Nieuw Statendam at Half Moon Cay today.  Love that place.  And today is my birthday!

🍹

Happy Happy Birthday 🎉 

• Like 13

We visited Alicante in 2017 as part of our spring Koningsdam transatlantic.  We took a short excursion that took us to the Santa Barbara Castle and finished up seeing a little of the city itself.

63A170CB-E7F9-40F5-90A4-F197A4F6EDED.thumb.jpeg.850de0c1d9fa17393af42e72a7059837.jpeg

1210C7BA-4D11-4854-8B7D-7D2016090F03.thumb.jpeg.80d3cbe7e3a68ce59875eba04ec27cca.jpeg

65B8A7AB-09EE-4105-8CA5-EA1C6796A8E6.thumb.jpeg.22b0a6f185b8bf87d8be50941e295242.jpeg

B589A7B5-D9DE-4D50-A991-05DDD8913942.thumb.jpeg.4b408792682368cc9c0653a4b119b746.jpeg

6DE785FA-CAFB-4437-99DF-39AFF4E61E29.thumb.jpeg.8e94efd42d23e36e23a940f39e6de00a.jpeg

CF62E176-AF63-4BCA-BD03-339CCD8EF797.thumb.jpeg.602d31e3cc4d5804d856fb14854b38dc.jpeg

C85EDD75-05F2-4B00-8F72-6B9DC9A510F6.thumb.jpeg.44fcedd23f60b63782ea64fc76c92cd0.jpeg

42435851-78A4-4515-9B0E-A050D04635CB.thumb.jpeg.ac487f34ddb6027aafc0cd1f0b879d31.jpeg

931BD2D5-F415-4CFD-BB54-FEC425317FE5.thumb.jpeg.95920d787716876c67948a69f34a6bd2.jpeg

DF51BE64-76EF-44C2-8CEE-4E8A9B7AB8E2.thumb.jpeg.944b6ed5eac8db41721908204ab9bf67.jpeg

A0B4DA92-7FF7-42A0-8E48-D471F30744DC.thumb.jpeg.f2cf4092593a4257e294ad28f96dfb4a.jpeg

B7F789DA-A49C-4C5B-9874-8290BC5BE230.thumb.jpeg.8188e2012f0d16162f75496d77a7e4ef.jpeg

1337773C-24AA-4D69-A843-3E66BC386A06.thumb.jpeg.25bf2eb605000b700641bb9ed114e8a9.jpeg

• Like 33

Good Morning! Well, I’m married to a beautiful Nanna, have been to Alicante several times and have experienced a hangover from drinking to many Black Russians!

I would call that a triple play!

Thanks for the report and I wish everyone a Happy TGIF!

• Like 21
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Camilla now weighs  6 pounds and may go home tomorrow!Her Mom stayed overnight  the last two nights to get used to her feeding schedule. 

5055.jpeg

Aww ♥️ and hurrah she can go home 🙂 🥂 

• Like 15

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I'm not gorgeous, but am a Grandma, so that's good.  Vanilla ice cream goes with practically everything - except pasta . . .    It's been "Hot enough for ya" day for a few days now, and the past couple of days we've been stricken with high humidity to go along with it.  Last night was another example of it being too hot to be on our deck at 5PM.  

Temp.JPG.6eb00370938501db9dcd1f5af03e3d1a.JPG

There were thunderstorm warnings beginning around 1:30, with updates almost every 15 minutes throughout the afternoon.  Around 7:15 we had literally 2 minutes of huge wind gusts, and then nothing.  A community nearby had hail the size of golfballs, causing a lot of damage to homes and vehicles - what a summer!  The drought continues.

I think Mr. Levenson was onto something - keep your head down and carry on.  

Happy Birthday @summer slope with many happy returns of the day!

Happy Birthday @StLouisCruisers DMIL, I hope she's alert and can enjoy the flowers, cards, and calls.

@smitty34877 Miss Camilla is getting cuter with every photo!

We've been to Alicante where we took a great walking tour that ended with a wine tasting at a local hotel.  I remember our guide, as he kept up a patter the whole time, yet it felt like he was just talking to his friends about the areas we were seeing.  He was so personable, we felt bad leaving him behind. LOL

I like tilapia and have cooked it a few times; we did have our fish last night, but instead of cooking it on the bbq, I did it on the kitchen stove in a brown butter.  I couldn't see standing in the blazing sun getting as cooked as the fish, when I could do it in our air conditioned kitchen.  Tonight is traditionally pizza night, but friends have invited us over to their house for appies and wine, and we've been told to not eat dinner, so I'm sure there will be a great selection from which to choose.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the wine glasses to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, be well, wash your hands, wear your masks, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 29

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Happy Friday.  I'll tell my DGS about his gorgeous Grandma.  LOL  I love Vanilla Ice Cream the best.  And it's going to be 100 today so it's hot enough, thank you.  Will print and save the meal, it looks and sounds fantastic.  Have not been to today's port, looking forward to the photo's.  Would love to be on the Nieuw Statendam at Half Moon Cay today.  Love that place.  And today is my birthday!

Prayers and virtual hugs to our care list. Toasts🍹to our shout outs.

Please stay safe, continue to social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

Black Russian:

The Black Russian is a cocktail of vodka and coffee liqueur. It contains two parts vodka to one part coffee liqueur, per IBA specified ingredients. Traditionally, the drink is made by pouring the vodka over ice cubes or cracked ice in an old-fashioned glass, followed by the coffee liqueur. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 1 2/3 oz (5 parts) Vodka, 2/3 oz (2 parts) Coffee liqueur
Preparation: Pour the ingredients into an old fashioned glass filled with ice cubes. Stir gently.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Drinkware: Old Fashioned glass

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 7.28.53 AM.png

Happy birthday! Enjoy your day.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the TGIF Daily, Rich.  The final day of the pause in operations.  My grandparents were all gone before I could remember anything.  Hot enough for me will come Sunday.  A special salute to Vanilla Ice Cream.  Been to several Spanish ports but not Alicante.  Great quote by Levinson.  Since I don't eat seafood I'll pass on the Tilapia.  My alternative is what I would have had on MS Rotterdam VI July 16, 2021 if I had been in the dining room rather than Canaletto and not had my big Mariner Brunch.  It would be Fresh Frut Cup, Beef Wellington, and Boeren Jongens Sundae.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery
Western wildfires
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU
Cruising Along’s cousin with kidney transplant difficulties
DurangoScots shelter manager in hospital (but out of ICU}
Cruising-along’s friend with breakthrough Covid
bennybear DSIL infection
JazzyV recovering from eye surgery
Ger_77's friend facing mastectomy
From the rotation:
Sharon’s mother
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers
A Live Thread from Lisa
Welcome home kplady
Good eye report on Jazzyv
Good oncology report on Sharon’s mom
St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip
Denise on her wilderness adventure
Pain relief for Summer Slope’s shingles
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy:  Thanks for thr Care and Shoutout lists.  It has been a long time since I had beef wellington.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Prayers and virtual hugs to our care list. Toasts🍹to our shout outs.

Please stay safe, continue to social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

Black Russian:

The Black Russian is a cocktail of vodka and coffee liqueur. It contains two parts vodka to one part coffee liqueur, per IBA specified ingredients. Traditionally, the drink is made by pouring the vodka over ice cubes or cracked ice in an old-fashioned glass, followed by the coffee liqueur. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 1 2/3 oz (5 parts) Vodka, 2/3 oz (2 parts) Coffee liqueur
Preparation: Pour the ingredients into an old fashioned glass filled with ice cubes. Stir gently.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Drinkware: Old Fashioned glass

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 7.28.53 AM.png

Happy Birthday!  I hope you are feeling much better.  I share your thoughts on the Nieuw Statendam.  Love HMC.   Never had a Black Russdian but it sounds good.

• Like 7

Good morning Dailyites. Thank you Rich for the Daily and all who contribute. 

Happy Birthday to Summer slope and Sandi's DMIL. Praying Camilla gets home soon. Ann I hope you are feeling better. Linda prayers for the huge fires in Oregon.. I am starting to worry about our Denise. Hoping she's not lost in the wilderness. @DeeniEncinitas where are you???

Wishing all our gorgeous granny's a lovely day.

image.png.66bcbd3249ab73427917b51daa07162a.png

Going to be mid nineties for the next 10 days at least. I would like to see a few raindrops mixed in.

I booked our 4th and final Maui week for next year and putted around looking at shore excursions for our cruise in Dec. Looks like I'll finally meet Linda and Sharon!

Cheers and Prayers!

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I love today’s collection of days. I will have to tell my five grandsons about their beautiful grandma. Today my daughter and the aide will take Sam to the VA to check on his hearing aides that aren’t working.

Have a great day, everyone.

Carol

It sounds like you get a bit of a break today.  I hope so.

Roy

• Like 13

54 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Camilla now weighs  6 pounds and may go home tomorrow!Her Mom stayed overnight  the last two nights to get used to her feeding schedule. 

5055.jpeg

Geesh, I got something in my eye…. ❤️

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I'm not gorgeous, but am a Grandma, so that's good. 

Gerry

Gerry - sorry I am not buying it. Physical beauty is a tribute to your gene pool. 

True beauty is a tribute to your choices.  I suspect you are not just beautiful inside. ❤️

• Like 19