Census

29 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Done and dusted quick and painless.

Agreed, quite simple. Could I encourage people to tick the "Save until a 100 years" option. I have been doing my family history for the last 10 years and really wish that Australia had this 100 years ago. I have the digital copies of my English and Scottish ancestors from 1901 and 1911. I really enjoyed this little real time snapshot of their lives.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, nnps said:

Agreed, quite simple. Could I encourage people to tick the "Save until a 100 years" option. I have been doing my family history for the last 10 years and really wish that Australia had this 100 years ago. I have the digital copies of my English and Scottish ancestors from 1901 and 1911. I really enjoyed this little real time snapshot of their lives.

Could not agree more. I ✔️the box.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Well.... that is done and dusted......   

could have asked more question on dwelling... like what energy saving things do you have......

Last one we were in Tasmania on Holiday.....    

Oh well.. that was the excitement of the day....lol

Don

Maybe they could do research on suggested

questions to be asked for next census. The questions are as important as the answers as Aust has changed so much in my lifetime.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Maybe they could do research on suggested

questions to be asked for next census. The questions are as important as the answers as Aust has changed so much in my lifetime.

I'm not sure if they have community imput here re the census questions but they have community consultation in the UK before their census. There has been much discussion over there as it has been suggested some of the questions which have provided much information to family researchers/genealogists (me included) be dropped. 

I filled the form in, will mail it in a couple of days. With those who did it on line how can you, the census requires the information as at Tuesday (tomorrow night) things could change, lol.

Anti Census people who don't want to provide the info don't bother, they just declare they were away for a month or two and thus did not get the census forms in the mail.  Then all too late.  The shonks always win.

Edited by NSWP

36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I filled the form in, will mail it in a couple of days. With those who did it on line how can you, the census requires the information as at Tuesday (tomorrow night) things could change, lol.

Anti Census people who don't want to provide the info don't bother, they just declare they were away for a month or two and thus did not get the census forms in the mail.  Then all too late.  The shonks always win.

We're in lockdown so there is a high probability we will be at home on Tuesday. There's nowhere else we can go. 🙁

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They have actually been encouraging you do it early if you (think you) know where you’ll be, probably to avoid the internet overload.

What about the people who do the census reply early, like on line early or post early and die or move away before Tuesday night? It is not really accurate is it.

Edited by NSWP

41 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We only got a letter to Resident at address in Qld no form to fill in like previously. You can request a form to complete or do it on line like I did.

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

We only got a letter to Resident at address in Qld no form to fill in like previously. You can request a form to complete or do it on line like I did.

I got the form in the mail.

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

What about the people who do the census reply early, like on line early or post early and die or move away before Tuesday night? It is not really accurate is it.

If people complete the Census the data is valuable even if they die or move away before the actual census date. 

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I got the form in the mail.

I wonder why?  You were lucky as I would prefer to complete a written form but on line was easy. I assume once you submit it on line the census div of Aust Bureau of Stats has it!

7 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

The letter to Resident of property has a census number and temp password. But you can also request this on line.

Any fellow Jedis out there? 🙂 

Actually saw an article recently warning people about putting false info & they used that as an example. It was a real 'stick your tongue out' answer at the 2001 census, and clearly upset the censusoligists, 'cause they are still unhappy.

May the force be with you.

Note: for the record I will put my real religion in the census - they didn't provide any thing for the Jedis from the previous censuses ( or should that be censi?)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

They have actually been encouraging you do it early if you (think you) know where you’ll be, probably to avoid the internet overload.

The census site might crash with overload like the Woolworths online ordering site, lol.

15 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The census site might crash with overload like the Woolworths online ordering site, lol.

Don't laugh. I think it was on the last census that their website crashed from overload. We had done ours the night before so didn't have a problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Not only did it have trouble last time but all the working, studying from home has impacted some areas greatly.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Don't laugh. I think it was on the last census that their website crashed from overload. We had done ours the night before so didn't have a problem.

It was hacked by denial of service attacks. After the fourth one they shut it down. Hopefully this year they upgraded security😬

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

Any fellow Jedis out there? 🙂 

Actually saw an article recently warning people about putting false info & they used that as an example. It was a real 'stick your tongue out' answer at the 2001 census, and clearly upset the censusoligists, 'cause they are still unhappy.

May the force be with you.

Note: for the record I will put my real religion in the census - they didn't provide any thing for the Jedis from the previous censuses ( or should that be censi?)

At least the Pastafarians will still be represented😜. Let this census be blessed by his Holy Noodliness, R'amen people 🙏😂

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

Just did ours. It was very easy to do but surprised at how few questions there are to answer. 

Just filled ours in. It was just a walk in the park, for a change

Edited by ekka49
Correction