Drink voucher Diamond Plus member

Love Cruises

I understand Diamond Plus members will now get 5 drinks per day (maximum value $13 each).
We don't drink alcohol but love bottled water.  Do you think they would give us a larger bottle of water instead of the smaller 16 oz. bottle for one voucher?  Seems only fair.  

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Love Cruises said:

I understand Diamond Plus members will now get 5 drinks per day (maximum value $13 each).
We don't drink alcohol but love bottled water.  Do you think they would give us a larger bottle of water instead of the smaller 16 oz. bottle for one voucher?  Seems only fair.  

Umm, no

Sorry

• Haha 1

The diamond plus perk (5 drinks) is a great perk. However be careful in how you use the drinks throughout the day. My wife and I visited the diamond lounge (super place to meet others and share cruise experiences) and ordered one wine and a soda to have later.  Unbeknownst to us later and visiting bar in theater we were told we had exceeded the five drink usage.  In looking back on the app. We discovered that we were charged for the soda as a drink. I feel that an explanation by the server that the soda was a cheaper alternative and could be purchased rather than a drink charge. 

5 minutes ago, Newport55 said:

The diamond plus perk (5 drinks) is a great perk. However be careful in how you use the drinks throughout the day. My wife and I visited the diamond lounge (super place to meet others and share cruise experiences) and ordered one wine and a soda to have later.  Unbeknownst to us later and visiting bar in theater we were told we had exceeded the five drink usage.  In looking back on the app. We discovered that we were charged for the soda as a drink. I feel that an explanation by the server that the soda was a cheaper alternative and could be purchased rather than a drink charge. 

IMO, the new policy is very clear. 4/5/6 drinks (alcohol or non alcohol) per day, any bar/lounge. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 5

On 9/13/2021 at 9:09 PM, Love Cruises said:

Kind of funny that water is free all over the ship and you will use drink vouchers for bottled water that literally cost about $0.25 in the grocery store.    You can use those vouchers for coffee, soda, and NA drinks.  Instead, order a case of water for the room, and your vouchers for something else.

5 minutes ago, bob63005 said:

if I get the refreshment package to cover fresh OJ, water, coffees, do i need to tell them to not use one of my vouchers for these or will they do it and only use the vouchers for alcohol?

They should see that you have the refreshment package by looking at your card but it doesn't hurt to specify either.

Still waffling on the drink package we bought prior to the C&A upgrade 80 percent of which was paid for with OBC. We get our money's worth as well as drink a ton of bottled water. Add in no signing slips and I'm leaning toward keeping it. It's close enough where I could change my mind tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Kind of funny that water is free all over the ship and you will use drink vouchers for bottled water that literally cost about $0.25 in the grocery store.    You can use those vouchers for coffee, soda, and NA drinks.  Instead, order a case of water for the room, and your vouchers for something else.

Cruise critic is getting back to normal.  A simple yes or no question results in long detailed unsolicited advice.

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Big_G said:

Still waffling on the drink package we bought prior to the C&A upgrade 80 percent of which was paid for with OBC. We get our money's worth as well as drink a ton of bottled water. Add in no signing slips and I'm leaning toward keeping it. It's close enough where I could change my mind tomorrow.

We always get the beverage package.  Between drinks, water, soda, specialty coffee it totally pays for itself.  When on Adventure in August, my husband wanted a double shot of Baileys in his drink and the waiter said - sure, one on your package and one on your voucher - win win.  Plus, you can use the vouchers for others if you want.  We are going to go with a bunch of family in January, some hardly drink at all, so will use our vouchers to get them a drink if they want - that way not breaking any rules as we are not sharing our bev package, just using our vouchers which can be shared.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Cruise critic is getting back to normal.  A simple yes or no question results in long detailed unsolicited advice.

The unsolicited advice was free. 

Besides it was good info for others reading the thread.

Win/Win

😊

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 8:34 PM, Newport55 said:

So you did not check the rules or ask?  So it is their fault........

• Like 1

We actually had 3 days out of 7 that we didn't use all of our vouchers.  At the end of the day, we would go to a bar and get bottles of water for the remaining ones, but we ended up hording too much water and for the last few days didn't even do that.  I know some people feel that using a voucher for a bottle of water is a waste, but if you're not going to drink 5 drinks a day there's no harm.

Our typical day:

Morning - coffee from Cafe 270

Afternoon - drink during trivia or bingo

Evening - wine with dinner

After - maybe another drink if we are going to a show or another game

That makes 4 with one left over to get an extra bottle of water on the way to bed.  It fit our lifestyle perfectly.  Since the drinks are all included what they cost was irrelevant.  Wejjust got what we wanted when we wanted.  It was super convenient.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, catwoman1 said:

So in the lounge they keep track of how many drinks you have?  They never used to do that!!

Welcome to 2021

And some ships were swiping for 'inventory control' a few years ago.

May have been a dry run for this😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catwoman1 said:

So in the lounge they keep track of how many drinks you have?  They never used to do that!!

There's no longer unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounges, even during the Cocktail hours. If you order a drink in the Diamond lounge it goes against your daily drink coupon allotment.