The Daily for Monday October 11, 2021

richwmn

Good morning, all! Happy Columbus Day, and Canadian Thanksgiving Day, and Kracken Day. Pick whichever applies to your situation.😉

The meal sounds good, and we will definitely be having leftover turkey in some form tonight. We don’t go to Africa until late next year, so all pictures of today’s port are appreciated!

We all had a large, perhaps a little too large, and delicious turkey dinner last night. There is enough pumpkin pie left to feed a small army. I guess everyone wanted to be sure we wouldn’t run out. DD from Saskatchewan left this morning to get back over the mountains before the weather closes in. DD in Taiwan is doing all the heavy lifting setting up the Etsy site, and just messages me with what she needs me to send. It’s more complicated than I thought, but that’s what makes it run smoothly in the long run.

Happy Monday, and cheers to the fact that three BHBs are sailing with passengers now. HAL actually has a fleet at sea again!🎉🥂

309E16B7-7AD3-4B0E-8D0E-E5837C07197D.thumb.jpeg.4eee3715a20a6c2934aea46ae38a7128.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  A happy Canadian thanksgiving! I  haven’t been able to like or even post,  finally tried on DH’s and voila!  I would be thankful for CC to fix this glitch!  

We had visited yesterday’s port of Naplion three times and have enjoyed it.
Beware of falling palm leaves,  good thing DH was walking with a Brahmin priest when one fell directly in front of them!  

We were busy closing up our RV just in time for the snow that fell yesterday,  DGD was thrilled to see a small kitten,  she was worried the mom had abandoned but fortunately mom came back. It was a lovely weekend!  I will catch up soon!

CF6F7719-BB67-40AF-B7CE-F985F49D091E.jpeg

2C8BCADD-0E48-4C5D-BB49-61EE0463DF22.jpeg

8283B8C4-D3ED-4905-834B-E8076D46C5B4.jpeg

F9AFC101-C28F-4E0F-BC32-95A0175E9995.jpeg

72764E1E-F422-493E-AC93-5DA0F47DE929.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. I used to watch the Boston Marathon when I was in college in Boston; it went right past my apartment. Happy Thanksgiving to Canadian Dailyites. It's also International Day of the Girl.

Interesting quote.

I like the meal and have made a similar healthy one. Pass on the drink. The wine sounds good.

I haven't been to today's port. 

@mamaofami I hope the new aide works out for you. Strange you haven't heard from the one who went to Ghana.

@aliaschief It sounds like you're having a grand time!

@rafinmd Wonderful sunrise.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the pictures. It doesn't sound like an enjoyable stop. I don't like people getting too close. On one cruise someone had their expensive camera taken right off their neck when  group of people did that.

@Lady Hudson Congrats on the booking! I'm glad your BIL is doing better.

@durangoscots That is sad about all the animals being turned in at the shelter.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the interesting pictures of the I'Ile de Goree.

Prayers for the care list and cheers to the celebration list.

Stay safe!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

@aliaschief

PuertoVallarta.thumb.png.8d8d7988e4079f70c656c9c578c04c4e.png

Oct 11, 2021 at 7:47 am edt

Yes, the Noordam  is beside on our port side. She’s looking pretty lonely and I would believe her crew has mixed emotion when looking at us actively sailing. Just got back and will go to port side in a bit and get a couple of pics.

After our great cooking class excursion and unlimited margaritas it just may be siesta time.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Yes, the Noordam  is beside on our port side. She’s looking pretty lonely and I would believe her crew has mixed emotion when looking at us actively sailing. Just got back and will go to port side in a bit and get a couple of pics.

After our great cooking class excursion and unlimited margaritas it just may be siesta time.

Thanks for the live report from PV.  Hurricane Pam appears to be headed between Cabo and PV, so the NA should be fine. 

Wish you had the Pinnacle Suite next month when my turn comes to sail, provided you would let me look at! Someday? Before it's too late. LOL

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Thank you Rich and Roy.  This is one of the first places I go each morning.

Roy - BIL in much better shape — may be removed from care list.  Thank you.  

Cruising update for me.  “Spur of the Moment” booking - Sunday, 10/17 on Oasis of the Seas.  Last cruise was Feb. 2020.  

Katherine

How exciting Katherine.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

While on our 40th wedding anniversary cruise 22-26 August 21 we booked Iona for 11-18 September 21 so can understand your spur of the moment cruise booking.

Really pleased for you.

Graham.

• Like 8

Our day in Puerto Vallarta started off with a beautiful sunrise. Upon disembarking we were greeted by a great mariachi band.

Our tour today a Mexican Cooking class that held in a rural area where there was evidence of recent flooding and landslides due to a hurricane that here in September.

We made our own salsa from charred peppers, onions, tomatillos, tomatoes, garlic paste in our lava mortar and pestle bowls at various degrees of heat. Made our own guacamole and constructed tostados and enchiladas. In the meantime there was singing and of course unlimited margaritas! Hic!

It was a fun, tasty excursions in a pretty setting on a pretty hillside and venue.

Upon returning to ship and took a couple of pics of the Noordam. Frankly she looked rather tired. Approximately 137 crew members on board. Due to cost of docking she just comes in for supplies now and then.

Tomorrow we visit Manzanillo followed by 4 days at sea before Panama Canal.

Everything is good in our floating neighborhood.

image.thumb.jpeg.b53524d0373b240936e27d5970ef8307.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5e556f9bf9945ad7f086ad2498328129.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e42020dbf6a5d17c3c8d5e75e5d98311.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.56c510ee0b3bdda88c5d0854d09e764c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.112f2280fa81c5e3da7b2ca919bf8c84.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a930129ad58744e7c596fbf4e0584c2c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.17c892e8a41ba49f7d6c3a18bf72ddc8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d63baf76d2f632abe17b5ddb6797b3c2.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Good evening.  Today turned out to be very nice, and probably the last day of summer weather, but it wasn't too hot.  We took a last ride in the convertible with the top down. 

When we got back, with a less than stellar forecast for the rest of the week, I decided to mow the yard and get all the outside work done today before we head to Quartzsite.  We're supposed to have rain for the next three days, and our temperatures are supposed to drop to more fall like temperatures.

Somehow, I too missed the posts that were eventually deleted.

@aliaschief  Thank you for the pictures.  Enjoy the upcoming sea days.

Lenda 

• Like 8

Hello and good evening from the Koningsdam. We left Avalon, Catalina while I was sound asleep. I haven’t slept well so that was a well needed nap. Craig said the Captain came on and made an announcement that the wind was going to be 40 knots for the next 36 hours, stabilizers will be out, hold on to hand rails, bring anything loose inside and the outside decks will be closed at some point for safety. So I guess I better take an extra Meclazine. 😐 Release the Kraken!

Lunch today was delicious at Bluewater in Avalon. Calamari and Sand Dabs. 

BA104043-CE73-4BC8-BC34-1AEE6F8B33D2.jpeg

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Thanks for the live report from PV.  Hurricane Pam appears to be headed between Cabo and PV, so the NA should be fine. 

Wish you had the Pinnacle Suite next month when my turn comes to sail, provided you would let me look at! Someday? Before it's too late. LOL

CD

Seas are picking up tonight but we’re ahead of Pamela. Captain said West winds could pick up to 20 and seas up to eight feet. We are definitely starting rock and creak.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Am very late to post today.

Thanks for all the daily information, photos and humour.

@aliaschief pleased that you are having such a good cruise, thanks for the photos.

@kazu did you achieve everything on your list?  I always make lists, today my list had to be  abandoned.  The electricity was off from 0910 to 1725, usually we are notified when outages are planned, but not this time. It has been a cold wet day,  felt sorry for the men working on the replacement power pole, in the next street. 

Had lunch at  a neighbourhood cafe....... delicious pumpkin and kumara soup.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 11

14 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  A happy Canadian thanksgiving! I  haven’t been able to like or even post,  finally tried on DH’s and voila!  I would be thankful for CC to fix this glitch!  

We had visited yesterday’s port of Naplion three times and have enjoyed it.
Beware of falling palm leaves,  good thing DH was walking with a Brahmin priest when one fell directly in front of them!  

We were busy closing up our RV just in time for the snow that fell yesterday,  DGD was thrilled to see a small kitten,  she was worried the mom had abandoned but fortunately mom came back. It was a lovely weekend!  I will catch up soon!

CF6F7719-BB67-40AF-B7CE-F985F49D091E.jpeg

2C8BCADD-0E48-4C5D-BB49-61EE0463DF22.jpeg

8283B8C4-D3ED-4905-834B-E8076D46C5B4.jpeg

F9AFC101-C28F-4E0F-BC32-95A0175E9995.jpeg

72764E1E-F422-493E-AC93-5DA0F47DE929.jpeg

Gorgeous kitten, what is that type of bird?

• Like 3