The Daily for Monday November 08, 2021

richwmn

Good morning all!

I can't believe it, but we're going to have a dry day today -- so I think I'll rake up more leaves and see if I can stuff any more into the yard waste bin.  Nice to see the sun after so long.

I won't be cooking something bold tonight, I think we'll have the Beef Stroganoff left overs from last night.  When the school was shut down, DD was a parent as teacher plus working full time from home.  It wasn't easy but she did great and so did the boys.  My sister was an excellent pianist, I loved to hear her play.  After retiring from teaching school, she taught piano out of her home up until her death in 2010 from cancer.

We both love lamb, so the meal sounds good and so do the drink and wine.  We've been to Manzanillo once on a South America cruise.  I don't remember much other than it was terribly hot and humid, so not one of my best memories.  We took a tour to a coffee plantation, and had a nice lunch.  After returning to the ship we tried walking around, but quickly went back to the ship, it was just too uncomfortable.

Bon Voyage @Quartzsite Cruiser!!

@StLouisCruisersSandi prayers for your friend John that he has less pain and a peaceful passing.

On our tour we saw Fire Volcano 

1885593121_FireVolcano.thumb.jpg.ea7b71ed0956e072b9671fbb2c572b18.jpg

Open Market 

484706143_ooenmarket.thumb.jpg.f26b2887f721a7ae3ee3d907f9e31f79.jpg

• Like 28

Good morning all you wonderful Dailyites. Sunny and cold here. After the sun has been up for a few hours it is still only 25 degrees but my furnace that I had installed last March is keeping my cabin warm and comfortable. Never had cooked radishes but will try them next time they are on the menu on a BHB. 

• Like 21

Good morning.  DH and I had a wonderful time babysitting DGD.  She was a very mature three, and didn't cry.  Of course, we let her do basically anything she wanted to do.

The meal of the day is intriguing.  Lamb is a favorite and so are radishes.  Never would have thought to combine them.

@JAM37, I recall that you are a piano teacher.  This is your day.  As @summer slopesaid, wish I'd continued with my lessons.  I had two different teachers -- both excellent.

@Seasick Sailor, on each occasion we've disembarked in Ft. Lauderdale, we have wished our flight was earlier.  It'll be tight for you, but as others said, without luggage and with grabbing a cab, odds are in your favor.

The care list is distressingly long.  Thank you, Roy, for keeping the lists so carefully.

And thank you, also, to all contributors here to the Daily.  

Have a joyous Monday, Everyone.  😊

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I can't believe it, but we're going to have a dry day today -- so I think I'll rake up more leaves and see if I can stuff any more into the yard waste bin.  Nice to see the sun after so long.

I won't be cooking something bold tonight, I think we'll have the Beef Stroganoff left overs from last night.  When the school was shut down, DD was a parent as teacher plus working full time from home.  It wasn't easy but she did great and so did the boys.  My sister was an excellent pianist, I loved to hear her play.  After retiring from teaching school, she taught piano out of her home up until her death in 2010 from cancer.

We both love lamb, so the meal sounds good and so do the drink and wine.  We've been to Manzanillo once on a South America cruise.  I don't remember much other than it was terribly hot and humid, so not one of my best memories.  We took a tour to a coffee plantation, and had a nice lunch.  After returning to the ship we tried walking around, but quickly went back to the ship, it was just too uncomfortable.

Bon Voyage @Quartzsite Cruiser!!

@StLouisCruisersSandi prayers for your friend John that he has less pain and a peaceful passing.

On our tour we saw Fire Volcano 

1885593121_FireVolcano.thumb.jpg.ea7b71ed0956e072b9671fbb2c572b18.jpg

Open Market 

484706143_ooenmarket.thumb.jpg.f26b2887f721a7ae3ee3d907f9e31f79.jpg

Carolyn, nice photos of your tour.  I don't recall how hot it was in Manzanillo that March day, but let's just say DH doesn't wear shorts often on our cruises, so it must have been a little warm. 🥵

Thank you for the prayers for John.  He would be most appreciative.

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

Somehow we've missed Manzanillo in our travels, but when I was in college, a new resort, Las Hadas, opened with much fanfare.  My best friend had her honeymoon there.  Had to take a peek and see if it's still a going concern and was delighted to see that it is still a highly rated resort.  

Edited by AncientWanderer
  • Like 17

Good moring from sunny and cool Quartzsite, but it will warm up today.  

Thank you to all who sent Bon Voyage messages.  We will actually board the Koningsdam on Sunday.  While we have booked a cruise less than 24 hours before boarding, this time we needed a little longer to prepare.  I think I mentioned that our bank had be purchased by another bank and they were intergrating the two banks over the weekend.  This morning, after two phone calls to our bank, I think I finally have everything set up corredtly.

Tonight's dinner won't be bold as I have a roast thawing for pot roast.  Parents are always teachers by their words and actions, and in the last couple of years many have become teachers for real.  I salute pianists, since after five years of lessons, I still can't play chopsticks.  My mother was a good pianist, but did not play often.

If any of you are ever on a cruise where Naki Attaman is the featured pianist, don't miss his performances.  He is outstanding, and a very nice man.  Along with a friend who was an Event Manager on HAL, we had dinner with Naki one night.  During the conversation, we discoverd we'd graduated from the same high school, but not the same year.  He was an exchange student from Turkey.  Talk about a small world.

The quote is interesting.

The meal sounds good, but DH is not a lamb lover, so I'll wait until next week to have lamb on a BHB.  I might save the recipe to have when older DD and DSIL are here.  Will pass on the drink and wine.

We have not been to today's port, so thank you all for your wonderful pictures.

@grapau27  Graham, I am enjoying your pictures.  I have a guess or two where you might be now.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, such sad news about your friend John.  Sending good thoughts for as peaceful and pain free passing as possible.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, you should be able to make your flight since the airport is so close.  Good luck.

@dobiemom  You should have more mail.

Now, it's time to finish cleaning the carpet, and then start going through the lists of what to pack for our cruise.  

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Okay, Graham, @grapau27, is it a guessing game?  Costa del Sol?

Anyway, good morning, all.  Today is the day!  We are going to get tested this afternoon, and if we are negative, the sky's the limit!  There is a whole list of errands that need to be done.  And I imagine there will be a visit to Timmie's in our future.  We are due for a big wind storm this evening.  There was one a couple of days ago in Vancouver, and even a waterspout.  Some trees came down at UBC.  

The recipes send  very interesting.  I will definitely plan to try roasting radishes next time I get the chance. I don't think pickle soup would be my thing...   

Oh, and Pat had a call from our US credit union yesterday  to say that two $1Pay Pal charges had been made against our US Visa card, and it's the one we used in Europe, so I guess it got hacked.  They have cancelled the card and will be sending new ones.  We only used the card twice on shore, in Greece and Croatia. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Anyway, good morning, all.  Today is the day!  We are going to get tested this afternoon, and if we are negative, the sky's the limit!  There is a whole list of errands that need to be done.  And I imagine there will be a visit to Timmie's in our future.  We are due for a big wind storm this evening.  There was one a couple of days ago in Vancouver, and even a waterspout.  Some trees came down at UBC.  

The recipes send  very interesting.  I will definitely plan to try roasting radishes next time I get the chance. I don't think pickle soup would be my thing...   

Oh, and Pat had a call from our US credit union yesterday  to say that two $1Pay Pal charges had been made against our US Visa card, and it's the one we used in Europe, so I guess it got hacked.  They have cancelled the card and will be sending new ones.  We only used the card twice on shore, in Greece and Croatia. 

👍.

Our favourite hotel Vincci Aleysa in Benalmadena near Malaga.

IMG_20211106_154158.jpg

IMG_20211108_154455.jpg

IMG_20211108_151849.jpg

IMG-20211108-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20211108-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20211107-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20211107-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20211107-WA0022.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I hate when your card gets hacked like that!  Such an inconvenience, but good to hear the credit union was on their toes looking out for you.

And here's hoping you two fail those tests this afternoon!  😉

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

👍.

Our favourite hotel Vincci Aleysa in Benalmadena near Malaga.

IMG_20211106_154158.jpg

IMG_20211108_154455.jpg

IMG_20211108_151849.jpg

IMG-20211108-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20211108-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20211107-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20211107-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20211107-WA0022.jpg

I figured Spain since it was so sunny, and I hear Brits like to vacation there on the Med, or in the Canary Islands.  Thanks for posting the photos.  Enjoy your vacay!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Sorry to hear your card was hacked although unusual to be dollars as it would have been Euro's in the Mediterranean.

Fortunately you spotted it before large amounts were taken.

Graham.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I figured Spain since it was so sunny, and I hear Brits like to vacation there on the Med, or in the Canary Islands.  Thanks for posting the photos.  Enjoy your vacay!

Thanks Sandi.

Our Sarah and Mel have flown home today because they have work tomorrow otherwise I would have booked a longer stay for them.

Graham.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good morning.  DH and I had a wonderful time babysitting DGD.  She was a very mature three, and didn't cry.  Of course, we let her do basically anything she wanted to do.

I assume she's back with her parents?

Roy

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good moring from sunny and cool Quartzsite, but it will warm up today.  

Thank you to all who sent Bon Voyage messages.  We will actually board the Koningsdam on Sunday.  While we have booked a cruise less than 24 hours before boarding, this time we needed a little longer to prepare.  I think I mentioned that our bank had be purchased by another bank and they were intergrating the two banks over the weekend.  This morning, after two phone calls to our bank, I think I finally have everything set up corredtly.

Tonight's dinner won't be bold as I have a roast thawing for pot roast.  Parents are always teachers by their words and actions, and in the last couple of years many have become teachers for real.  I salute pianists, since after five years of lessons, I still can't play chopsticks.  My mother was a good pianist, but did not play often.

If any of you are ever on a cruise where Naki Attaman is the featured pianist, don't miss his performances.  He is outstanding, and a very nice man.  Along with a friend who was an Event Manager on HAL, we had dinner with Naki one night.  During the conversation, we discoverd we'd graduated from the same high school, but not the same year.  He was an exchange student from Turkey.  Talk about a small world.

The quote is interesting.

The meal sounds good, but DH is not a lamb lover, so I'll wait until next week to have lamb on a BHB.  I might save the recipe to have when older DD and DSIL are here.  Will pass on the drink and wine.

We have not been to today's port, so thank you all for your wonderful pictures.

@grapau27  Graham, I am enjoying your pictures.  I have a guess or two where you might be now.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, such sad news about your friend John.  Sending good thoughts for as peaceful and pain free passing as possible.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, you should be able to make your flight since the airport is so close.  Good luck.

@dobiemom  You should have more mail.

Now, it's time to finish cleaning the carpet, and then start going through the lists of what to pack for our cruise.  

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

I hope you both have an amazing cruise starting on Sunday.

Graham.

This picture is our large balcony with fantastic views.

Graham.

IMG-20211108-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20211105_194025.jpg

IMG_20211105_192110.jpg

IMG_20211105_192040.jpg

IMG_20211105_183126.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 21

Good morning and thanks all! 
@cat shepard we had a local restaurant critic who called that wine Gru V! 🤷‍♀️😉 I’ve tried several but not found one I like, too flinty for me,  so let us know.

I noticed Graham’s palm tree sunsets yesterday, but I thought we were sworn to secrecy!  Looks like a lovely hotel! 
Well I like dill pickle chips,  and even dill pickle pepperoni,  not sure bout the soup. 
We’ll have bold fajitas with some hot salsas. 
Hmmm,  discovered online auctions,  off to pick up my winnings,  might it be a Turner print? 

F53553C8-30DD-432C-9D2C-D1C21E7F12ED.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

The Dill Pickle Soup sounded bold plus I had never heard of it. So here is a link to the recipe!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/54804/dill-pickle-soup/

Because we had never heard of it we researched it last evening and came up with this site.  Her video on how to make it was pretty good I thought.

https://www.polishyourkitchen.com/polishrecipes/polishpicklesoup/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

The part for my furnace will be installed tomorrow afternoon.  Light at the end of the tunnel. 

@StLouisCruisers I am sorry to hear of John's suffering.  I hope he can be made comfortable and have a peaceful passing.  

@grapau27 Your pictures remind me of my last visit to the Costa del Sol and Malaga area.  It was about this time in November and we had a wonderful time.  i especially liked having lunch on the beach at the sea side restaurant.  My favorite was the gazpacho.  I had two bowls of it!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2