The Daily for Tuesday December 14, 2021

richwmn

In checking my port spreadsheet I see that in the last 14 days I've only been to 2 of those ports.  That has to be my worst record ever since Rich started adding the destination of the day.  

Obviously I need to get out there and cruise more!  😲

• Like 11
  • Haha 11

Good morning and thanks for the update.

I am back from  the Neurologist appt, can’t say I liked him, found him to be patronizing, seemed shocked when I told him that it took months to get the appointment, now have an MRI scheduled for Dec 29 then back to see him in January.he also gave me a new medication. I just don’t feel inspired by his competency. 
  Blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️🙏

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 6

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday!  Interesting collection of days today.  I think I’ll pass on them and celebrate my own today, it’s our 47th Wedding Anniversary today. We were so young!

0F496C89-92FD-4335-84BC-DAC0DB41C64A.thumb.jpeg.0801a98ea4cdd8f6155165da778053bc.jpeg

Today’s meal suggestion sounds good but like someone else said I think I’d like it without the bun. I have ground chicken in the freezer so I might check out those recipes. Thank you Debbie! @dfish  

And Susan @AV8rix please email me about our cruise next week. 

Prayers to all on the Care list and extra for Jose and Jacqui @kazu, @cunnorl DS, @smitty34877Tana, and Roy @rafinmd — plus congrats on your 2/3 way into your treatments. 

And now Merry Christmas from Ketchikan:

C45AB467-F5BC-4E62-AE28-6AB70DD74FAA.thumb.jpeg.846f8340075da4771ef00644ae01a160.jpeg

Have a great day everyone 

• Like 32

3 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday!  Interesting collection of days today.  I think I’ll pass on them and celebrate my own today, it’s our 47th Wedding Anniversary today. We were so young!

0F496C89-92FD-4335-84BC-DAC0DB41C64A.thumb.jpeg.0801a98ea4cdd8f6155165da778053bc.jpeg

Today’s meal suggestion sounds good but like someone else said I think I’d like it without the bun. I have ground chicken in the freezer so I might check out those recipes. Thank you Debbie! @dfish  

Prayers to all on the Care list and extra for Jose and Jacqui @kazu, @cunnorl DS, @smitty34877Tana, and Roy @rafinmd — plus congrats on your 2/3 way into your treatments. 

C45AB467-F5BC-4E62-AE28-6AB70DD74FAA.thumb.jpeg.846f8340075da4771ef00644ae01a160.jpeg

Happy Anniversary!💐🍾

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning and thanks for the update.

I am back from  the Neurologist appt, can’t say I liked him, found him to be patronizing, seemed shocked when I told him that it took months to get the appointment, now have an MRI scheduled for Dec 29 then back to see him in January.he also gave me a new medication. I just don’t feel inspired by his competency. 
  Blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️🙏

I'm sure sorry to hear you don't feel comfortable with this doctor.  I wish there was time for you to see another neurologist.  Perhaps try calling other doctors in the area and see if any of them will work you in for a second opinion.  Good luck!❤️

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sharon, happy anniversary to you and DH!  The tux reminds me of those worn at my sister-in-law's wedding in 1973.  That was the style I guess!😍  Don't you love it?

• Like 16

26 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Awww...Happy Anniversary!   I showed DH the photo.  You guys are darling!

(I'm off on errands, but will check in later.  Wishing all a pleasant day.   😊 )

• Like 17

Greetings to all from Durango where we are having rain mixed with snow. However, the weather is supposed to get worse with heavier snow and wind by evening. "They" have told people not to even think about going over the passes north and east of us. I was going to head out to the store, but I have lots of food so I will just hang tight at home. The Humane Society reports a leaking roof but not much we can do now except get more buckets. We are waiting on roofing materials and have been for several months. At least it is dripping on people, not dogs and kitties.

Best wishes and positive thoughts to all ... @kazu, @himself and all the others. Honestly, from what I am hearing from my friends this is turning out to be a really difficult Holiday season. My family has decided that everyone is just going to stay in place this year so my Sister and and her daughter will celebrate in Maryland, her son and his wife will stay in Ohio, I will be in Colorado and my Sister-in-law in Arizona. Various others scattered about. Sounds like a zoom meeting is in order.

Susan and Bandit whose walks are getting shorter and shorter

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm sure sorry to hear you don't feel comfortable with this doctor.  I wish there was time for you to see another neurologist.  Perhaps try calling other doctors in the area and see if any of them will work you in for a second opinion.  Good luck!❤️

Thanks,, it’s this practice or nothing. The other hospital in the area had a 6month wait for an appointment 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily. Try #3 to post!

Monkeys can be cute (except when they climb on you in Gibralter). No to bouillabaisse (fish). I've never had roasted chestnuts, although they were sold from carts in Germany during the holidays.

Funny quote.

I like the meal, sans bun. I'll pass on the drink and wine.

I haven't been to today's destination.

@rafinmd You're almost to the finish line. I hope you're tolerating the treatments ok.

@kazu Continued prayers for Jose, his medical team and you.

@Himself I pray you're not feeling too ill.

@cunnorl I hope your DS is starting to improve.

@grapau27 I'm glad Pauline is feeling better. Cute collection of monkeys!

@smitty34877 I'm sorry to hear Tana isn't doing so well right now. She is so fortunate to have you being there for her and her son.

@mamaofami What an ordeal to get on CC. Great that your DEXA test was ok.

@StLouisCruisers Sad to hear of that diagnosis in your niece's DH. Prayers.

@marshhawk Mont Saint-Michel is a favorite place of mine.

@1ANGELCAT Sorry you didn't like the Neurologist; I had that with a Derm years ago who was dismissive.

@Sharon in AZ HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 🌹

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone. Despite our high levels and packed hospitals, there are fights here about school mask mandate and vaccine requirements.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Adding my happy anniversary wishes.  Will email you later today or will PM you on FB (yeah, I know how to find just about anyone on FB 😉).

• Like 12

Good morning, all.  I'm especially thinking of Jacqui, Jose, and Tana today,  and praying for everyone on the  Care list.  It's a sad time.

I love chestnuts.  They can be difficult to peel.  I have shredded my fingers on occasion.  One of my favourite recipes is my mother's Chestnut Chicken from her days in China.  

Chestnuts in Rome  (The Italian chestnuts are the BEST!)

P1080393.thumb.JPG.c348cd39365d12eff591406dee4d535a.JPG

and Kuala Lumpur

P1060451.thumb.JPG.e1b7cd400df93045b25732b04c115a11.JPG

I had the great honour of being sat on by a monkey in Gibraltar - I know you're not supposed to touch them but our guide had a special friend and she was easily persuaded to be held with the promise of a treat.  I had thought her fur would be spiky, but she was as soft as a Persian cat.

P1080527.thumb.JPG.8c5a17422e43171505966d3b6323d6ba.JPG

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good morning and thanks all!  More prayers for Jacqui, Jose, Tana, and those supporting them! 
@mamaofami great news on the bone density!  

20 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

@kazu  You two continue to be in my prayers.

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Congratulations, Beautiful photo, yes I remember those tuxes too!  And blue flowers?  Wondering what they are? 

9A3495CB-4240-4A95-827F-65B246853300.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Sharon in AZ, congratulations on 47 years of ‘wedded bliss’! You look beautiful! DH and I celebrated 47 years on 05/18/2021, he and groomsmen wore Mexican wedding shirts from Franklins on University in Tucson. My avatar for cc is from our wedding. Prayers for all on the care list, especially Jacque, Jose, Tana, Pauline and Roy. 75 days til we board the Zuiderdam! 

• Like 18

Interesting days.  Have never been around chestnuts, at least that I know.  Another one with a shellfish allergy, so no bouillabaisse for me!  Thanks to all for the wonderful contributions to this thread, but I certainly don't like some of the health news.

I went to the dermatologist yesterday.  I just had two spots frozen off, but the one I am to watch, because it could be BCC (I am convinced it is, but the doctor isn't convinced yet).  Whatever, I was pleased with no cutting yesterday.  First time in my life to have anything frozen!

@Sharon in AZHappy Anniversary.

@rafinmdI am sure you are happy that you are 2/3 of the way to having radiation completed.  And booking a cruise is a good way to celebrate.

@durangoscots, please send your snow and rain over the mountains!  No moisture In our forecast.  Wish we were closer with no mountain passes in the way, as you would certainly would be welcome here for Christmas!

Continuing with prayers for all on the Care List, especially @kazu and her DH for a speedy, treatable diagnosis and for @Himselffor a recovery from this awful virus.

Have a great rest of the day.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Happy 47th wedding anniversary Sharon.

Nice photo of you both.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211124_174046.jpg

• Like 16

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh yes, prayers for Father Himself and his Covid diagnosis.🙏  So sad that had to happen to him.

Thanks for reminding me Bruce.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

+1.

• Like 9