The Daily for Friday 02/25/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Maybe this is a naive question, but do all offers HAVE to be considered? Isn’t it up to the seller to decide?

@Cruising-along I know you stated that you may not have all of the information. A lawsuit appears dubious in this present-day market if it only has to do with the price.

Because a realtor has a fiduciary responsibility to disclose all offers and the identity of those making the offers, it may be that the potential buyer has a beef with the realtor and believes they have been wrongly portrayed to the seller in the offer or that some sort of prejudice has entered into the equation. It would be a pretty high bar to succeed in such a suit, but litigious leaning people can gum up the works for others just out of spite. Not much comfort to somebody that thought they had just made a purchase and now it is on hold.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Maybe this is a naive question, but do all offers HAVE to be considered? Isn’t it up to the seller to decide?

I wonder what he will be like as a next door neighbor if the case is thrown out.... maybe his idea is to intimidate them.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Brooks is playing, he's 1 under for the day as he just made his first birdie of the day on his last hole.

No one in the afternoon has been able to cut into Berger's 3 shot lead.

We had a good day, our team tied for 1st place but we lost on a match of cards and took home 2nd place money.

well then the commentary yesterday was a bit misleading.  Interesting to have brothers playing now.

Still hoping Ricky F can make something happen soon as it has been a while now.

I like the semi older guys like Kutcher, Bubba Watson, Zach J, and Brandt S.   I no longer follow Phil M as he is just so annoying and shoots his mouth off and then gets caught and then tries to fix things.

I like thing Rory is one of the most classy guys along with Adam Scott.

toodles

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

@Cruising-along I know you stated that you may not have all of the information. A lawsuit appears dubious in this present-day market if it only has to do with the price.

Because a realtor has a fiduciary responsibility to disclose all offers and the identity of those making the offers, it may be that the potential buyer has a beef with the realtor and believes they have been wrongly portrayed to the seller in the offer or that some sort of prejudice has entered into the equation. It would be a pretty high bar to succeed in such a suit, but litigious leaning people can gum up the works for others just out of spite. Not much comfort to somebody that thought they had just made a purchase and now it is on hold.

I bet you're right.  As our son said, he didn't do anything wrong, but he and his wife are the ones who now are putting out more and more money and have their lives on hold.  

10 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

I wonder what he will be like as a next door neighbor if the case is thrown out.... maybe his idea is to intimidate them.

I'm wondering that too.  He probably thought he could scare DS away.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well then the commentary yesterday was a bit misleading.  Interesting to have brothers playing now.

Still hoping Ricky F can make something happen soon as it has been a while now.

I like the semi older guys like Kutcher, Bubba Watson, Zach J, and Brandt S.   I no longer follow Phil M as he is just so annoying and shoots his mouth off and then gets caught and then tries to fix things.

I like thing Rory is one of the most classy guys along with Adam Scott.

toodles

Ricky is lost right now. I've been a Phil fan since he came up but sometimes he talks without thinking. I pull a lot for Justin Thomas and Spieth. 

The Players Championship is in a couple of weeks, great tournament with usually the best field, we made it up there a couple of times but would love to play the course but none of my golf cronies want to make the trip because of the green fees.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, MISTER 67 said:

Ricky is lost right now. I've been a Phil fan since he came up but sometimes he talks without thinking. I pull a lot for Justin Thomas and Spieth. 

The Players Championship is in a couple of weeks, great tournament with usually the best field, we made it up there a couple of times but would love to play the course but none of my golf cronies want to make the trip because of the green fees.

oh yes well Ricky is lost in the same way that Rory and Jordan were after they got married and while expecting their first child.  Jordan and Rory have bounced back and now it is for Ricky to do.

And of course Brooks is now getting married in June so I guess we can expect him to have a lousy 2023.   ha ha..

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Prayers are definitely in order for our Daily friends today. Sandi any news on Jen?

Joy I texted DB and my twin this morning by WhatsApp and it hasn't even been delivered to his phone.  Meaning he has his phone off.  I can see where my twin read it, but like I said it hasn't been delivered to him.  Twin is telling me he is just very upset and sometimes he gets like this when he's depressed.  So two days with no word.  But one bright spot is my niece Amy is texted by Jen's Mom with any news and we could get word through them.  DB and Jen's Mom are divorced but she's been really good about getting out news on Jen.  I'll let you all know if I hear anything, good or bad.  

Thanks for caring!  All of you are super compassionate people.  Hugs, Joy!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

What a crazy day!! DH is having his procedure now, but as a visitor there is nowhere for me to wait at the hospital. I could have waited in his hospital room but he is being transferred to a different room after the procedure and that has not been assigned yet. It seems the procedure is going to be more extensive than originally planned and will require at least 2 hours in Recovery per the latest update. I was advised my the nurse to go home and wait for a call about the progress. Also if he doesn't get assigned a room before 7pm I will not be able to visit him until 10am tomorrow.

He has procedures at this hospital before and we have never experienced anything like this.

Covid has really affected everything.

@kazu I have even more respect for how you are handling Jose's medical issues after my comparitivly minor experience.

Thanks everyone for the support, just being there has been very helpful to me.

Having had an angioplasty procedure with a coronary stent fitted in my circumflex artery in December 2019 my thoughts and prayers 🙏 are with you and your DH and hopefully he will be a lot better after the procedure.

Sending you our very best wishes.

Graham x.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@rafinmd I'm sure you're sad to disembark, but hope you had a great time; I'm glad you're home safely and had a negative test (will you take another in a few days?).

I will but probably not another rapid test.  I have an appoint with my county health department for next Friday.  They were not doing testing next Wednesday for some reason but if our state testing center is still open then I'll do it there at the 5-day point.

Roy

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Just spoke to DH, he's in recovery now, will see him tomorrow morning. Sounds like he was in the Cath Lab longer than anticipated, but was told everything went well.

time for a glass (or two) of wine!

Mary

Outstanding news and I'm sure quite a relief.  Enjoy your relaxing evening and have a good night's sleep.  You'll be all set to see him in the morning.  Thanks for the update.🙂

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I agree.  When homes are selling for half again the asking price, it was foolish of him to put in such a low offer.  It sounds to me that he's used to getting his way and gets the lawyers out when he doesn't. 

Or maybe his lawyer sees an easy mark for $$$.

17 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Just spoke to DH, he's in recovery now, will see him tomorrow morning. Sounds like he was in the Cath Lab longer than anticipated, but was told everything went well.

Mary

Thank you for sharing the good news.  I'm glad everything went well.

@aliaschief I'm so happy that your issue was easily found and treated.   Rest well and get back in gear.  You've got a cruise to go on!

@fatcat04 Oh, my goodness!   Thankfully, your MIL did not break anything and I'm relieved for you that she has agreed to assisted living.  We'll all get there eventually.   

@StLouisCruisers Thank you for trying to get an update on Jen for us.  Hopefully the no news is good news.

@smitty34877 I hope all went well with Tana's visit to the pulmonologist.   I'll try to have a better selection for her tomorrow than raw fish.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Mary

Mary, that is really good news, especially that you got to talk to him.  Hope you can relax and get a good night's sleep.  Enjoy your wine.

Lenda

• Like 14

38 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Mary

Good news.

Susan

• Like 14

Thanks for all the daily information.

@richwmn Rich, thank you for listing a NZ wine.

@Sea Viewer thank you for the update of your DH, pleased that you have spoken to him.

@aliaschief hope you are feeling  better,  the antibiotics should help.

@smitty34877 what is the outcome of Tana's visit to the pulmonologist?  Hope she has had some help.

Here in the south it's a cooler wet day.........  our cat is not happy!

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 15

7 hours ago, bennybear said:

@Cruising-along yikes on that AC,  did you try the big box?  We had great luck with them.  

@bennybearI thought I'd let you know that the big box is the winner in our quest for A/C.  It will be installed mid-June (they had a cancellation).  Since our summer doesn't start before July most years, this will be fine and much better than August like they told us first. 🙂  

• Like 14

Tana  made it back from the City by 3 and has been resting  ever since. She has not said much but did tell me she could only walk 10 feet before her oxygen levels dropped. I have found that she  eventually  opens up like most of us,in her own time.

I am so glad that @Sea Viewer found out DH is doing well.

I am tired too.Talk to all of you tomorrow. 

Thanks for all your good wishes.

Terry

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

Good evening!  I’m way behind on reading today’s Daily. We’ve been busy planning our Med cruise, which I guess is official now that Craig said “Book It Danno” and I said well it’s already booked so we just need to fine tune everything. We went to lunch at a new restaurant for us and enjoyed it very much, however all we did was talk about the cruise. 

I will read the Daily later, I just wanted to pop in and say hi. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

@Sea Viewer, I’m so glad to hear your DH came through his angioplasty well.   Enjoy that wine and sleep well before bringing him home tomorrow.

@smitty34877, I’m sureTana must have been exhausted from her day, hopefully she’ll give you more info in the next few days. 

@aliaschief, that was scary!  So happy to hear it isn’t something that was difficult to diagnose and treat.

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

@bennybearI thought I'd let you know that the big box is the winner in our quest for A/C.  It will be installed mid-June (they had a cancellation).  Since our summer doesn't start before July most years, this will be fine and much better than August like they told us first. 🙂  

Great news!  We were very pleased with their price and service.  

• Like 7