What do you wish Celebrity would do that other cruise lines do?

Vagabond Knight

NCL have single serve coffee makers in all balcony / club balcony rooms fleetwide. Nice not to have to order room service or go out foraging for that first cup of coffee each morning. This would be a great addition for Celebrity, and they could one-up NCL by having it available in all rooms fleetwide. 

• Like 13

Magnifying make-up mirrors! And even better if they are lighted. Had one on our one and only HAL cruise and appreciated being able to see that my eyeliner wasn't where it didn't need to be!

Would also appreciate a "throw" to cuddle up with on the sofa or veranda. I usually request a pool blanket from our steward regardless of the itinerary, though they are available on the pool deck for cold weather cruises. The polar fleece blankets are larger than the old square woolen ones.

Neither would break RCCL's bank!

Edited by TMLAalum
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Magnifying make-up mirrors! And even better if they are lighted. Had one on our one and only HAL cruise and appreciated being able to see that my eyeliner wasn't where it didn't need to be!

Would also appreciate a "throw" to cuddle up with on the sofa or veranda. I usually request a pool blanket from our steward regardless of the itinerary, though they are available on the pool deck for cold weather cruises. The polar fleece blankets are larger than the old square woolen ones.

Neither would break RCCL's bank!

Oh yes, a magnifying mirror would be great. I always have to bring my own and would love one on the wall in the bathroom.

• Like 2

Diamond Lounge on Royal Caribbean.

It's been a few years, so it's probably changed, but the lounge was open with your room key pretty much all day for Diamond and above. Coffee/espresso/latte machine. Usually snacks during the day, and a Diamond Concierge who could do most everything for you that customer service could do.

Happy hour in the evenings, and I think still drinks loaded on your Seapass card. It's been awhile...

The suite lounge was separate. I assume the drinks were better in the suite lounge.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, markeb said:

It's been a few years, so it's probably changed, but the lounge was open with your room key pretty much all day for Diamond and above. Coffee/espresso/latte machine. Usually snacks during the day, and a Diamond Concierge who could do most everything for you that customer service could do.

Happy hour in the evenings, and I think still drinks loaded on your Seapass card. It's been awhile...

The suite lounge was separate. I assume the drinks were better in the suite lounge.

DL is still open 24 hours. Diamond gets 4 drinks, Diamond Plus gets 5 drinks and Pinnacle get 6 C&A drinks loaded on the SeaPass card daily. You now can use the preloaded drinks anytime (day or night) and most bars/lounges. Not limited to the old C&A drink menu. Use or lose daily. The DL is still open in the evening for the C&A HH. Now 3 hours instead of 3.5 hours. Still offering the small buffet set up for snacks. No more unlimited drinks in the DL during the C&A HH. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, markeb said:

I second this recommendation.  Celebrity should dedicate a unique space with card access for E, E+ and Z members.  Have coffee machines, a few treats now and then.  And a happy hour pre-dinner.  A dedicated concierge for a couple of hours a day.   Just like the RCCL Diamond Lounge.  Keep it distinct from the Retreat Lounge or other suite-only areas.

• Like 9

Hi

I cruise P&O and Celebrity (Celebrity don’t sail Winter from UK)

One of the things P&O have that Celebrity doesn’t is ironing rooms.

I hate creased clothes a quick iron and I’m ready to go.

A inside cabin on each deck converted to an ironing room would be great,,,,,but I suppose the bean counters would class that as a cost,,,maybe a couple of $$ to use an iron for 15 min would cover that.

Now,the first thing I do is send half a dozen shirts to the laundry,,,it’s not the best pressing service.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1) British Pub lunch like Princess does (or at least used to).  They’d do it on a sea day in one of the bars and it was fun with a nice selection of food.  
2) Piano bar (Thinking Princess but HAL’s version could work too).  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, markeb said:

I was on Odyssey of the Seas a week ago. The Diamond Lounge does not have free drinks in the evening anymore.  4 drinks loaded on card per day, can be used anytime, anywhere. Still had breakfast items and afternoon snacks. Too small a place for too many people.  

I do like the suite snacks idea from Linda.

40 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

I cruise P&O and Celebrity (Celebrity don’t sail Winter from UK)

One of the things P&O have that Celebrity doesn’t is ironing rooms.

I hate creased clothes a quick iron and I’m ready to go.

A inside cabin on each deck converted to an ironing room would be great,,,,,but I suppose the bean counters would class that as a cost,,,maybe a couple of $$ to use an iron for 15 min would cover that.

Now,the first thing I do is send half a dozen shirts to the laundry,,,it’s not the best pressing service.

Hi

I spoke too soon,,,,I wish Celebrity did winter cruises in the Med like P&O

Well my wish as come true……

Just received an e Mail,,,,,,,,,Infinity will be based in the Med from Oct 23 to March 24.

Itineraries include Spain,Portugal,Canaries and Morocco.

• Like 2

1) Fast Internet, should exceed Princess, will attract those who can work from home, GenX/Y/Z

2) Medallion clone, open doors, order food and drink

3) Desserts, they're not bad, they're just bland, not worth the calories

4) More complimentary dining options, particularly between lunch and dinner 

5) More entertainment, on my last X cruise, one night you had a Boy Band show, an hour of trivia or a band playing mostly oldies; there was a DJ party but that started at 1130pm and nearly nothing during the day time.  On Carnival they can have a main show musical in main theater, comedian in the punchliner club, karaoke in one bar, classical piano in another, DJ party on lido all at the same time

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Offer a completely self-contained suite experience like MSC does. They're getting closer with Beyond but they've still got the spa and fitness center mixed in. 

Many of the newer ship designs have moved the gym and spa to lower decks with port and starboard views rather than forward. If more cruiselines decide to create a ship within ship concept in their forward spaces they should move the gym and spa to lower decks. It will be interesting what Royal does with their Icon Class. Oasis Class has the gym and spa on a lower deck while Quantum Class has them on the upper most decks. Then you have NCL moving the Haven all the way Aft in their new Prima Class.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

1) Fast Internet, should exceed Princess, will attract those who can work from home, GenX/Y/Z

2) Medallion clone, open doors, order food and drink

3) Desserts, they're not bad, they're just bland, not worth the calories

4) More complimentary dining options, particularly between lunch and dinner 

5) More entertainment, on my last X cruise, one night you had a Boy Band show, an hour of trivia or a band playing mostly oldies; there was a DJ party but that started at 1130pm and nearly nothing during the day time.  On Carnival they can have a main show musical in main theater, comedian in the punchliner club, karaoke in one bar, classical piano in another, DJ party on lido all at the same time

And how much extra are you willing to pay for all these cruise enhancements?

1 hour ago, BSinPNS said:

I wuld love to see new itineraries.  I love to sail Celebrity, but fortunatly have done most of the itineraries.  

I would love to see longer itineraries.  Longer itineraries make it harder for working people, but I really love 15 to 25 day cruises.   I’m guessing that they’re aiming for a slightly younger crowd than HAL and Princess, so therefore they don’t want to have too many long cruises with that would exclude younger people. I guess they prefer that we do back to backs.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

And how much extra are you willing to pay for all these cruise enhancements?

I'm willing to pay.  All five items I listed will inevitability improve over time, regardless if one is willing to pay or not

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

I would definitely pay for better internet.  I'm pretty sure I could convince my work that I could work remotely for a week at a time twice a year if I had internet that made it seamless.  That would essentially be two extra weeks of vacation for me and that is worth money to me.  I could work all day, but still enjoy the cruise ship food and activities at night. 

It would also be worth money to Celebrity as it would mean people like me might be able to take an extra cruise or two per year.  I don't want to cruise Princess as much because I don't feel like they have as good of amenities for suite guests as Celebrity does.

Edited by josh1324342
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

Keeping the same type of music in the same venue like HAL does. I hate that on Celebrity the band will play a set in the Ensemble and then move to another venue. Keep them in the same spot so we don't  have to chase the band around the ship.

Sorry, I feel just the opposite.  It's nice to sit in the Ensemble Lounge and have a variety of music instead of the same group the whole time.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

I know that many of you have sailed with other cruise lines, and all the lines all have their own unique customs, perks, flavors and ways of doing things. It would actually be a bit disappointing if they were all the same, but what small "something" have you experienced with other cruise lines that you wish Celebrity would incorporate into their cruises or into their way of doing things? 

I love afternoon tea in MDR on every sea day on Carnival. For everyone not just for Elites once per cruise. Also love brunch 9am to 1pm on sea days. Free.

I also love the cabin being ready on boarding for Diamond guests. No waiting around until 1pm.

• Like 2

Don’t know if this is on topic or not, but it seems that Celebrity frequently changes its deals and perks, and what you have to do to get them. It confuses me. Also, in the main office, Celebrity need th hire more reps to answer the phone..

Onboard, we have cruised Celebrity only in suites, with suite only dining and open bar lounge. We feel we had a better experience their than on our previous cruises on Regent and Silversea. So no suggestions.