The Daily for Sunday 04/10/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, travelnap said:

You must have not visited the world's only Corn Palace or Wall Drug.  LOL.  If you did visit the Badlands you probably stopped at Wall Drug for a free glass of ice water, their biggest draw.

Been to Wall Drug a few times, wasn't impressed but did get a sign. Drove by the Corn Palace once but didn't stop in. 

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 18

@Horizon chaser 1957 I would not suggest going.  What might be mild for someone, might be deadly to someone else.  People really have to change their way of thinking without regrets.  If you know you have covid, why go anywhere where you can give it to someone, and if someone says , they have covid, why place yourself in front of a moving train?  

@dfish I loved the family picture, it looks like a Normal Rockwell Painting.  For some reason I missed the menu for yesterday, so back i go in time...today's looks good, but I have to admit, I'd want someone else to make it, and not tell DH what's in it.  We start out morning cooking this week for our main meal to be early afternoon.  Tomorrow is meatloaf, and we go down hill from there....( I love meatloaf).  But we will be shopping at the farmers market, so no buying of instant potatoes in a bag,  it means I gotta cook them.   arghhh!!!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday!  

Well, we didn’t have to wait very long for our TSA pre check approval. We both received emails yesterday afternoon. Now if Flight Ease would update our flights I’d be happy. A few weeks ago our  PCC told me to call them (she can’t do anything on her end) but I’ve hesitated because of call hold times. She also told me that FE was taking care of flights in order as scheduled so I keep thinking that they’ll show up soon. 

I never could golf very well but our DS loves to golf. We have good courses around town too and an annual tournament. I’ll pass on the meal, drink and wine. I have a lot of relatives who farm and my only sibling, an older brother, is quite the vegetable farmer. We aren’t close but we do call each other off and on. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 24

Good morning from sunny and windy Quartzsite.  It looks like our highs will be dropping for about a week along with less wind.  It will be a good time to get some outside chores accomplished, and to begin moving things to the motorhome in preparation for heading back to Texas.

It's been close to 50 years since DH played golf, and I was never a golfer.  Both my parents and I were/are only children.  I can celebrate siblings day for the DDs.  I will also honor farm animals.  My grandparents had a cow and guinea hens on their farm.  After my father died, I inherited the farm in a trust, and it is rented to two brothers who run calves on it in the summer and grow corn to feed the calves.

The quote is interesting.  We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

We have not been to Sardinia, and we're looking forward to seeing any pictures.

@Cruzin Terri Terri, I hope you decided to visit Park Guell.  It is a very interesting place.

@Heartgrove  I'm glad your DW and DSIL made the ship and enjoyed Canalleto.  A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DSIL.

@dfish  Debbie, thanks for the picture of all the siblings.

@marshhawk  Glad the new medicine is working for your DH.   Gabapentin can make you sleepy.

@Lady Hudson Sorry your DSIL is back in the hospital with another stroke.  Sending positive thoughts that it was not serious and she recovers quickly.

@Vict0riann  Ann, thank you for sharing the newspaper article about the Koningsdam.  She made the news in the US too.  Welcome back to real life.

@Horizon chaser 1957  You are faced with an almost impossible choice. We would err on the side of caution and not go, and hope everyone would naturally be disappointed but would understand. 

I guess it's time to get some things done around here.

Lenda

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Looking forward to safe travels home from a nice long weekend in Arizona. We traveled the long route from Southern California to Phoenix with a 2 day stop in Tucson for a celebration of a dear friend’s mother long life (94 years) with a beautiful Rosary and Mass. Thanks to DB and DSIL for hospitality in Tucson.

FAD83631-A660-4DC6-BE43-EAF35C9DE23D.thumb.jpeg.d864d2f00c63e11c369a9d39e0b00332.jpeg

We celebrated my dear Mother’s 102 birthday on Friday and Saturday with family and friends, fine food, & good weather. My own birthday April 8, has always been special, happening the day after my mother’s birthday. 🎂

Happy Siblings Day! I’m wearing red. 
Missing dear sister, Margaret (1954-2019)C202313F-964E-4FC5-ABDE-25BF5C3F95EC.jpeg.0760ed1a0959efb7f51f7770a2adf9d0.jpeg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

@Cruzin Territhanks for the heads-up on the restaurant; checking the reviews on Trip Advisor, they’re all over the place.  Will give it a hard pass.   One place we really enjoyed great pizza was at MOKA on Las Ramblas.  We had good food and good service every time we stopped there. 

@Horizon chaser 1957would you risk your trip for a dinner?  I wouldn’t go, especially being so close to sailing as you will be.  I’m sure they’ll understand; if not, they’ll get over it. LOL

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  Oh that drink sounds good. 
@ger_77 glad you had such a lovely day. 
@kazu Glad you got an iPhone, they are So much easier.  
@Vict0riann glad you had a nice cruise!  
@Horizon chaser 1957 understand the dilemma,  I err on the side of caution, after staying safe for over two years I don’t want to change things yet.  The new variants are so infectious and tests often miss them.   Tough decision. 

Another sign of spring,  some pussy willows 

1114F121-757B-4240-9BD0-CFC3B0B34F2A.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

I'm late today, I was up late texting with DD when she let us know they arrived safely in Hawaii.  Their flight was almost an hour late leaving SeaTac -- not bad compared to the stories we've been hearing.  

Needless to say we were very happy to see no snow this morning -- just rain.  I'll take it.

I've never golfed, and am sure I would be no better at that than I am at tennis -- in other words, not good at all!  😉  DH golfed a lot in the early years of our marriage.  My Grandfather was a horse rancher in Montana in the early 1900's, that's the closest we have to farming in our family.  I'm the youngest of 3 sisters.  In our adult years we are/were very close (my oldest sister passed away in 2010 after a long battle with cancer).  Growing up I wasn't as close with them, since I was 10 years younger than my oldest sister and 6 years younger than my middle sister.  As we got older we became very close.

Will pass on the wine, meal and drink, have never been to Sardinia.  I hope to see some photos.  We will be having steak, salad and baked potatoes tonight. 

Probably around 1960, it was my parents' 20th anniversary.  I'm standing between my parents.

603626149_Familyinthelate50s.thumb.jpg.b8c07bb392a34462cd6bbf8925b20b12.jpg

When my oldest sister (on the far left) was battling cancer we had "Sisters' Weekends" whenever she was in remission.  We had a lot of fun times during that 10 years until the cancer finally got her.  This was taken on one of those weekends, and a favorite.  We're supposed to be playing poker, my sister was cheating and I'm holding the gun.  The store put it up in their window.   

2000165482_Sistersretro.thumb.jpg.1f8d367741eb603ddd29ef95ec060444.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, travelnap said:

You must have not visited the world's only Corn Palace or Wall Drug.  LOL.  If you did visit the Badlands you probably stopped at Wall Drug for a free glass of ice water, their biggest draw.

Where are you from in SoDak? I was stationed at now closed Gettysburg Air Force Station about 60 miles north of Pierre. I actually got to know the state pretty well and still have a soft spot in my heart for it.

• Like 15

Found a pic so I’ll play siblings day.  Quite a while ago - my sister getting married.  My other sister on the left and my brothers behind.  We lost the brother behind me with the moustache a while ago, sadly.

AAF99450-8BE4-4546-9A95-FAD679653878.thumb.jpeg.baa1d9d09b935613d6712678302a7669.jpeg

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

We are trying to decide if going to DS’s for Easter is a go or not. There will be twelve of us there. Four I don’t know.

Honestly?  No I wouldn’t go.  As the hospital staff said to me when I was invited out for Christmas dinner - “is one hour of a get together / meal worth the risk?”

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

But we're happy to be home, and laundry is waiting to be done!

Welcome home Ann & Pat 🙂 

1 hour ago, highscar said:

Had a question from my sister.  She is 4 star with free laundry.  Is there a charge for dry cleaning?  

Yes, there is a charge for drycleaning.  Dry cleaning is not part of the laundry package for those paying / 4* Mariners (unless your sister is in a Neptune Suite and then, it is included).

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@Cruzin Territhanks for the heads-up on the restaurant; checking the reviews on Trip Advisor, they’re all over the place.  Will give it a hard pass.   One place we really enjoyed great pizza was at MOKA on Las Ramblas.  We had good food and good service every time we stopped there

We went to a great place tonight.  It is called Tapas 2254.  The address is Carrer Cantrell de Cent 335.  We had wonderful tapas and wine. The place gets great reviews has good food and is always full.  You need a reservation.  Don’t go without one.  We were very happy with our meal and apparently so is everyone else.  Look it up on Trip Advisor.  Everyone raves about it.  We will go back if we have the opportunity.

Terri

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Cruzin Terri Terri, I hope you decided to visit Park Guell.  It is a very interesting place.

We did not.  It was too cold and windy.   Jim wanted to do something else.  For some reason, I am just exhausted and cannot get past it.  He went to see some architecture and was happy.  Then we went to a great restaurant for dinner.

All is well.

Terri

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

For siblings day.  This is from our last major time together, Volendam cruise tour in celebration of my 75th birthday.  Roger was not keen on being photographed but he did do this:

yukon.jpg

The last time we "met" when Enchantment of the Seas visited Port Canaveral:

Capture.JPG.3cbed4ead7a74330e4a92642a81ad101.JPG

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Looking forward to safe travels home from a nice long weekend in Arizona. We traveled the long route from Southern California to Phoenix with a 2 day stop in Tucson for a celebration of a dear friend’s mother long life (94 years) with a beautiful Rosary and Mass. Thanks to DB and DSIL for hospitality in Tucson.

FAD83631-A660-4DC6-BE43-EAF35C9DE23D.thumb.jpeg.d864d2f00c63e11c369a9d39e0b00332.jpeg

We celebrated my dear Mother’s 102 birthday on Friday and Saturday with family and friends, fine food, & good weather. My own birthday April 8, has always been special, happening the day after my mother’s birthday. 🎂

Happy Siblings Day! I’m wearing red. 
Missing dear sister, Margaret (1954-2019)C202313F-964E-4FC5-ABDE-25BF5C3F95EC.jpeg.0760ed1a0959efb7f51f7770a2adf9d0.jpeg

Happy belated birthday.

Lovely photo.

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.156a6101332730bcd0b4752a4f45232b.gif

• Like 13