What’s “Rare” mean in some of the names here?

28 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I’ve been seeing that lately and wondered what that means on some screen names

Those are placed on those who have done live reviews.  There is also a ship icon that goes with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You'd be surprised. I'd bet less than 1 in 10,000 members have done one

I was bored and checked to see how many folks post at all. Of the 435 CC posters which have "biker" in their screen name, 218 have NEVER posted and another 45 have only one post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You would think one of the moderator's of this forum would just chime in with what it means rather then everyone on here just making guesses.

The moderators only seem to see what they want to see. I have a guess what rare might mean, but I rather not post it, because then the moderators might give me a 7 - 10 day vacation. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You would think one of the moderator's of this forum would just chime in with what it means rather then everyone on here just making guesses.

The moderators only seem to see what they want to see. I have a guess what rare might mean, but I rather not post it, because then the moderators might give me a 7 - 10 day vacation. 🙂

If anyone is getting a 7-10 day vacation it should be me 😉

Unfortunately, we don't actually read every post made on the forums even though we would love to.  If you do have a question that I can answer (or perhaps one of the hosts could) the best option is to email us or tag one of us on the thread so that we will be alerted. Otherwise it is all up to luck whether or not I come across a post such as this 🙂   

Rare does refer to the badge that is shown on the member's avatar. In this case it is the LIVE FROM badge (the ship) - and less than 10% of members have been awarded this badge 🙂    

• Like 9
  • Thanks 12

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Hmmmm...I've done several live reviews.  No icon.  Not a big deal.  But, thinking you also have to have a certain amount of posts, too?

Currently they have to be manually added, and they seem to be awarding it to recent reviews.

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Currently they have to be manually added, and they seem to be awarding it to recent reviews.

OK...as I mentioned, not a big deal.  Doing pre-cruise posts in a thread I plan to do live posts for a May 5 Ovation-Alaska cruise.  Maybe they'll take a look at that one once I'm on board.

Thanks for the explanation.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Hmmmm...I've done several live reviews.  No icon.  Not a big deal.  But, thinking you also have to have a certain amount of posts, too?

Well you wouldn't get a "rare" you should get a " well done "👏👏👍

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

*sniff*  Where's my icon?!?!?  I've done about 5 or 6 of them, 3 of them in the last six months 😞  I went up against the legendary Radio and didn't get squished.

It's there now😉

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Will this now turn into a competition to collect the most ship badges?

Maybe they will have a common badge then. 😀

Pretty sure I have 3 or 4 still coming up. Trying to stick to unique voyages/experiences 

Indy this summer, possibly first solo and a booze cruise no less

Voyager Baltics in August

Mariner to Bermuda in October, never been there, and bringing two heavy drinking neighbor couples

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Hey, I was one of the earliest and greatest, doing a LIVE thread for 53 nights back in 2009!  

But I can live without a word springing out of my dancing M&M's.  😄

I could nominate you 😉

I might have a 274 day thread in the future🤪

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

*sniff*  Where's my icon?!?!?  I've done about 5 or 6 of them, 3 of them in the last six months 😞  I went up against the legendary Radio and didn't get squished.

Yay, I'm cool now!!!

And since we're forecasting....I got dibs on the Jewel to Greenland next year 😆.

• Like 3