The Daily for Monday 04/18/2022

richwmn

Hey guys.  Just to let you know I finally have a temp reading below 100.  99.7.  I hope I am not jumping the gun.  But it finally looks like I’m going in the right direction.  

I’ll check in later.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sailaway party last night on our cruise.

Graham.

Excellent sail away music from my all-time favorite singer 😉  

31 minutes ago, atexsix said:

We did gardening too, it was beautiful outside.  Got 1/2 dozen strawberry plants repotted.  

I think everybody's Easter leftovers consist of the same thing 🙂

Yes it was a beautiful day!  I enjoyed it to the fullest, knowing we won't get another one for who knows how long? 😅 Do you do anything to keep the birds from eating your strawberries? I have a lot spreading through the backyard, but the birds always get them before I do.  If I had them in pots like you do, it would be easier to control.

12 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruising-alongThere is no beach at Amber Cove, beaches are definitely an excursion.  So you are in luck.  

Thank you!  That's good news for me 🙂  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon, my PCC called me a bit ago to let me know that she is retiring on Wednesday.  I’ve been working with her for eight years and she was good.  They are working on assigning her accounts.  
My senior from next door paid me a visit and gave me a Amazon gift card for keeping her sidewalk and driveway cleared this past winter.  Definitely not expected but appreciated.  

• Like 23

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

@smitty34877, @puppycanducruise, @StLouisCruisers, @bennybear, @Cruising-along, and @JazzyV, thank you for your words of support.  More hurry up and wait.  I told the Dr. this morning that 6 months was a long time to go when the pain keeps you from sleeping.  It woke me up at 5:00 this morning and I couldn't get comfortable so I just got up.  

Yes, the pain is where the mass is.  It is the right flank (I have a right side adrenal tumor) and reaches a little around to the back.  It is definitely not the hip.   

Most of these don't cause pain but it sounds like yours and mine do.  Don't wait for them to ask about pain.  Mention it over and over and over again.  You have to be a broken record.  They'll tell you that these masses don't cause pain.  I said correct, most of the time, but they can.  They had to agree that they could.  This doctor said he couldn't say the tumor was the cause of the pain and I followed with, "But you can't rule it out either."  He agreed.  When I told him about the horrific pain in my flank after they injected the contrast dye he said to be sure to emphasize that with the surgeon.  Apparently it means something, but nothing I know about.  

You have to be your advocate.   Don't back down!

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and very best wishes Debbie.

I'm so sorry to hear about your constant pain and hope that you can finally get treatment to help you.

Graham.

• Like 14

@summer slopeYour pictures remind me of Cartagena.  Where were they taken?

Surprised no one has mentioned that it’s tax day.  

B6EF5986-33F0-4871-BD99-1D39479557C5.jpeg.d7dd02063bd2b768a7f0d52b90750a73.jpeg

I filed electronically on 4/5 and my refund was in the bank on 4/12!

E4C4E6BD-0B7E-4D7D-9E4E-755975F0DA2D.png.c13c0adf037c983f7bac2ef8b9a8a70e.png

I teach my career development students how to do their taxes.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Excellent sail away music from my all-time favorite singer 😉  

Yes it was a beautiful day!  I enjoyed it to the fullest, knowing we won't get another one for who knows how long? 😅 Do you do anything to keep the birds from eating your strawberries? I have a lot spreading through the backyard, but the birds always get them before I do.  If I had them in pots like you do, it would be easier to control.

Thank you!  That's good news for me 🙂  

So far the birds are staying away from them, but I'm glad you brought it up, it reminded me I need to move the bird feeder further away.  But my Mom has problems with deer and she has to enclose her entire garden in an elaborate netted enclosure.  

• Like 16

7 hours ago, kazu said:

We had a lovely evening last night with Pepe (his real name is Jose but we used the nick name to avoid confusion between the 2 Jose’s 😉) & Frances. They asked if I had any pictures so I showed them this video that my Ipad had created.:

Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 13

34 minutes ago, atexsix said:

10 days?!  I'd be losing it.  We have just over a month and I'm having enough trouble with that. 

Not a cruise. Going to our time share in Kauai for three weeks. Easy packing. Bathing suit, a few shorts and tops and sandals. Villa has washer and dryer. Actually we will be traveling a lot from now on. 

On the move while we are healthy and able.😁

• Like 24

8 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Not a cruise. Going to our time share in Kauai for three weeks. Easy packing. Bathing suit, a few shorts and tops and sandals. Villa has washer and dryer. Actually we will be traveling a lot from now on. 

On the move while we are healthy and able.😁

Oh wow!  Even better!  When I used to fly out to Palm Springs packing was a breeze, carryon all the way. 

• Like 12

Just got a news flash that a Federal Judge has voided the current administration  extended mandate of requiring passengers to wearing mask on planes and public transportation.. Breaking news but sounds like mask not required on planes and public transportation if judges ruling holds up. Hmmm!

That being said I also just received notification from  relatives in New York State who got together this weekend are testing positive. So far four have Covid! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 15

Good Afternoon from a warm but overcast day at the beach

Late today but have been following the Boston Marathon. My niece is running, and the whole family is posted all along the way to support her. So they all have been calling and sending me pictures. Very proud of her. She is doing well and if her pace continues, will finish shortly. I really wish I could have stayed to see her run but I cant be gone from DD too long.  

She has trained hard and long for this. She is a 5th grade teacher. Some of the parents had her students make signs and they are waving them at her as she runs by.

Be back later!

• Like 21

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Only crew wore masks N95. on our cruise.

Passengers were asked but not required to wear masks except in the theatre.

Graham.

On my only cruise so far since they resumed, on aNother Cruise Line, passengers weren't required to wear them. I did in the theater, elevators, and a few other crowded places.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@summer slopeYour pictures remind me of Cartagena.  Where were they taken?

Surprised no one has mentioned that it’s tax day.  

B6EF5986-33F0-4871-BD99-1D39479557C5.jpeg.d7dd02063bd2b768a7f0d52b90750a73.jpeg

I filed electronically on 4/5 and my refund was in the bank on 4/12!

E4C4E6BD-0B7E-4D7D-9E4E-755975F0DA2D.png.c13c0adf037c983f7bac2ef8b9a8a70e.png

I teach my career development students how to do their taxes.

Amber cove

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hey guys.  Just to let you know I finally have a temp reading below 100.  99.7.  I hope I am not jumping the gun.  But it finally looks like I’m going in the right direction.  

I’ll check in later.

Terri

Great news!

Roy

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank heavens.  I am so glad to hear this.  Let it continue in the same direction 🤞 

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Do you do anything to keep the birds from eating your strawberries? I have a lot spreading through the backyard, but the birds always get them before I do.  

Not who you asked, but yes I do.  There is a netting you can buy (not expensive) and it will keep the birds away 👍. You can get it at Canadian Tire here and similar places.  The birds won’t be able to get them with  it.

Anything like this will do the trick -  https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/quest-bird-stretch-netting-7-ft-x-21-ft-0591182p.html?ds_rl=1283573&ds_rl=1283573&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmPSSBhCNARIsAH3cYgblVAEHA_vOjYcykHNhbE1YSc_oIrNiKFseIj9Ht_W1NBTritcI3soaAn-KEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#store=476

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

That being said I also just received notification from  relatives in New York State who got together this weekend are testing positive. So far four have Covid! 

Yikes.  I hope they have a quick and easy recovery with few symptoms 🤞 

49 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Late today but have been following the Boston Marathon. My niece is running, and the whole family is posted all along the way to support her. So they all have been calling and sending me pictures. Very proud of her.

Wow!  Good for her!  That’s quite the accomplishment 👍 

49 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

She is doing well and if her pace continues, will finish shortly. I really wish I could have stayed to see her run but I cant be gone from DD too long.  

She has trained hard and long for this. She is a 5th grade teacher. Some of the parents had her students make signs and they are waving them at her as she runs by.

Be back later!

7 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Our excursion was to a girls orphanage, which had requested the need for art supplies and tooth brushes, and toothpaste, and deodorant, brushes, etc.  and when they checked our bag, they said we could not take these articles off the ship.  We explained our excursion to them, and they sent us up to the customer service desk, who said of course you can take that to them, that is part of the program, and down we headed to disembark, with a note in our hands, and again we were stopped, and again told that we could not take the items off the ship, and then we handed them our note, and they called the service desk, and then we were allowed off the ship.

You are bringing back memories from our Sail a Way Gang cruise on the Westerdam.  We had a private tour and part of it was a visit to an orphanage where the students performed and helped you learn how to cook.  When I found out about it from our guide, many on the roll call wanted to help and we created a list.

BUT I was warned that we could be refused entry to bring them in and / or worse, they could be confiscated due to the corruption at the time.

So, I got HAL to lend us one pile of their bags and we had a party in my cabin, filling each bag and then placing a towel on top so they looked like typical tourist bags.  Scooted right though to our guide.

We had so many bags that even some people from the roll call that weren’t going on the tour helped carry a bag through so no one looked overloaded or obvious.  Success!  Glad yours was as well.

I’m sure you were as overwhelmed with the grateful eyes and amazement of the children you helped as we were ♥️ 

5 hours ago, dfish said:

Kind of a mixed bag here.   Blood tests were contradictory and so not able to make a diagnosis.  We'll rerun them in a year.  That is a long time to wait, in my opinion.  But, I can't order the tests.  

However, he is still referring me to a surgeon for a couple of reasons.  The mass has grown from 2.7 cm to 3cm by 4 cm since April.  The mass is not homogeneous.  The pain is increasing.   I also have gall stones, but they are asymptomatic.  So, we'll see what the surgeon says.

Boy I sure hope the surgeon can help.  A year is a long time to go in pain 😢 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Hello from the New Statendam to all of our cruise critic friends , thank you all of the nice Birthday wishes for Martha , who is sharing her birthday with Holland America , today .

for those of you who watched the sail away yesterday from Ft Lauderdale , it was just amazing specially when the captain let loose on the button for the most amazing big tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot  once we got into the channel . I have never heard a huge toot like that before . The captain told us we have to make sure that all Holland America fans on shore and those watching us on the cameras can hear how good we feel cruising again . Captain Noël O,Driscoll .

thank you @VictOriann for the pictures from Martha and I on this sail away , you could not believe how happy we were to get back on the ship after our disastrous last cruise ,

just a few weeks ago . 

Tonight I am taking out Martha and three other ladies for a very special Pinnacle dinner ! 

Martha already had her first birthday cake this morning at the Club Orange breakfast . We left it there for the crew to enjoy .

Take care everybody , greetings 

Martha and Tony 😍

Sorry forgot to mention to JacquI @kazu to give you greetings from Andrea and a big , big hug to Jose ! 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Not who you asked, but yes I do.  There is a netting you can buy (not expensive) and it will keep the birds away 👍. You can get it at Canadian Tire here and similar places.  The birds won’t be able to get them with  it.

Anything like this will do the trick -  https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/quest-bird-stretch-netting-7-ft-x-21-ft-0591182p.html?ds_rl=1283573&ds_rl=1283573&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmPSSBhCNARIsAH3cYgblVAEHA_vOjYcykHNhbE1YSc_oIrNiKFseIj9Ht_W1NBTritcI3soaAn-KEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#store=476

Thank you Jacqui!  I know we have similar sold here.  What I need to do is put my strawberry plants into pots so they're all in one area.  Right now they're just spreading through the ground cover in the back yard....a new project for me!

51 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

The captain told us we have to make sure that all Holland America fans on shore and those watching us on the cameras can hear how good we feel cruising again . Captain Noël O,Driscoll .

Oh I love Captain O'Driscoll.  He did our vow renewal ceremony on the NS 3 years ago.  I sure hope he will still be on the NS when we sail her in October.  

• Like 15

News this afternoon wasn't good about Gracie.  It was either an inter cranial tumor or inflammatory disease.  Steroids and epilepsy drugs weren't going to cure her.  They said today she was blind.  What a decline since Friday.   Could only go out to go potty if they used a towel to lift her up because she couldn't stand up.  She wouldn't be able to be left at home unless in a pen so she wouldn't hurt herself.  So DD and DSIL went over to see her after work and she had to go over the Rainbow Bridge.  She's in heaven now.   I'm sitting here crying this afternoon.  We will all miss her terribly.  Way too young at 6 1/2.

Here she was watching DH fix the Thanksgiving turkey for us all at DD's house a few years ago. Waiting for that piece of stuffing to end up on the floor, bless her heart.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJGGW5Jl4TYUHhzKIpqsnU_Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1650319425

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 19