Earning Diamond level status

Most people attain their next tier while on board a given cruise, however, RCCL does not count and apply the points earned on that cruise until after the cruise is completed.  As @DaniDanielle indicates, the new tier level will not be recognized until the subsequent cruise.

But, when you do, congratulations on reaching Diamond!

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Some people feel that if they have enough points a couple days into their cruise, that they are entitled to the benefits for the remainder of the cruise. Unfortunately, that's not how it works. Points are not awarded at the end of each day; they are awarded at the end of the cruise.

One proviso (unless it has changed recently).  You are actually updated several days after your cruise ends.  If you are on a B2B you won't automatically get the new status on the next cruise but the Loyalty Ambassador should be able to make a manual adjustment.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, it's a bummer to have to wait until after the cruise is over.  I'll make Diamond after day 2 of our Wonder WB TA in October.  Heavy sigh...

Edited by Teeara

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

Yeah, it's a bummer to have to wait until after the cruise is over.  I'll make Diamond after day 2 of our Wonder WB TA in October.  Heavy sigh...

I agree. We hit Diamond two days into a nine-night cruise. I don't really understand why this is the rule. The LA on board has access to your cruising history and could easily bump you up to the next tier the day you make it. I would have been very appreciative of that. Unless the idea is that people are going to be so determined to take advantage of their new status that they will definitely book another cruise? 

@Teeara, I don't suppose you can fit in a 3-nighter before you do that TA? Potentially the benefits of being D on a TA might make it worthwhile, if you can swing it.

14 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I agree. We hit Diamond two days into a nine-night cruise. I don't really understand why this is the rule. The LA on board has access to your cruising history and could easily bump you up to the next tier the day you make it. I would have been very appreciative of that. Unless the idea is that people are going to be so determined to take advantage of their new status that they will definitely book another cruise? 

@Teeara, I don't suppose you can fit in a 3-nighter before you do that TA? Potentially the benefits of being D on a TA might make it worthwhile, if you can swing it.

I wish I could, but I can't.  No more vacation time available this year!

A follow up question on this topic. We're emerald. After this cruise in July, we attain diamond tier.

So....

If our next cruise (after this upcoming one) is Celebrity, are we considered diamond on that one?

13 minutes ago, johnjen said:

A follow up question on this topic. We're emerald. After this cruise in July, we attain diamond tier.

So....

If our next cruise (after this upcoming one) is Celebrity, are we considered diamond on that one?

Elite (Celebrity's name for "Diamond" tier)

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

Edited by Another_Critic

I earned D+ on a December cruise.  Points were updated and and D+ status showed correctly on the RCI website.  When I checked in for a cruise in February, was only recognized as D (seapass, welcome letter, etc.)  A trip to the LA got it corrected.  Was told that the land-side and sea-side systems are different and that it can take time (apparently more than 60 days) for the two systems to sync.  LA was able to manually access the land-side system to confirm status and was able to override.  OP, based on how close your cruises are, you may need to see the Loyalty Ambassador to get status updated. 

• Like 1

It just makes getting to the the next cruise that much more special.  

Good things come to those who wait.  🥰

One tier, Pinnacle...they recognize you on the cruise you that attained that level...but it's just recognition, and some time to order your kit with pin, NC certificate...etc.    Full level perks come to you on the next cruise as well.....yes even for Pinnies.  😉   

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rafinmd said:

One proviso (unless it has changed recently).  You are actually updated several days after your cruise ends.  If you are on a B2B you won't automatically get the new status on the next cruise but the Loyalty Ambassador should be able to make a manual adjustment.

Roy

On our back to back a few years ago we achieved the next level during our first week. I went to the Loyal Ambassador desk and it was applied to the following week. During the first week of our next B2B we will get to Diamond so I will do the same thing.

Marg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I had this issue and the LA doesnt seem to have a way to know if you are getting double pts from the double pts promo. It could have been 14 or 28 pts added. I think that's why I couldnt get the block I earned. Luckily the pts added 6 days later, the last day of my b2b. 

The LA might not have access to figuring out your booking date. I've got 4 double and 4 not double bookings left this year. Expecting her to know isnt that easy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maggie416 said:

On our back to back a few years ago we achieved the next level during our first week. I went to the Loyal Ambassador desk and it was applied to the following week. During the first week of our next B2B we will get to Diamond so I will do the same thing.

Marg

A few years ago there was no double pts promo. It was straightforward. 

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

A few years ago there was no double pts promo. It was straightforward. 

Yes, I guess at the moment, with the double points promo, it would be more complicated. When we hit Diamond, knowing the rules, we didn't even approach the LA to ask if we could be bumped up. I didn't think it would be fair to put them on the spot of having to choose between flouting the rules or telling us "no".

• Like 1